Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4613678 times)

KST8FAN and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #31300 on: December 09, 2014, 06:38:26 PM »
Side note: If the Rockies are trying to trade Wilin Rosario I think he could be an interesting DH option. He had a down year so he might come cheaper than he should, but he's a RH power bat who could catch in a pinch.
i heard someone talking about the rockies catcher, who apparently is really bad at catching, but good at hitting powerfully.  the talker seemed to think the rockies would trade him.  the royals should trade for him and make him the dh/backup catcher.

i'm sorry, joda.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31301 on: December 09, 2014, 07:34:51 PM »
Side note: If the Rockies are trying to trade Wilin Rosario I think he could be an interesting DH option. He had a down year so he might come cheaper than he should, but he's a RH power bat who could catch in a pinch.
i heard someone talking about the rockies catcher, who apparently is really bad at catching, but good at hitting powerfully.  the talker seemed to think the rockies would trade him.  the royals should trade for him and make him the dh/backup catcher.

i'm sorry, joda.

That is more pointing out that I agree with you :cheers:

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31302 on: December 09, 2014, 07:42:57 PM »

i'm sorry, joda.

That is more pointing out that I agree with you :cheers:

:cheers:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31303 on: December 09, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »
Royals are willing to move Infante, per McCullough. Guess they're ready for Colon to play every day.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31304 on: December 10, 2014, 12:54:31 AM »
Royals are willing to move Infante, per McCullough. Guess they're ready for Colon to play every day.

But then again they're apparently in on Asdrubal Cabrera, so who knows :dunno:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31306 on: December 10, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31307 on: December 10, 2014, 04:07:54 PM »
http://www.royalsreview.com/2014/12/10/7341277/doubling-down-on-defense-an-alternate-plan-for-the-outfield

i like these ideas a lot.  spend some money on pitching and stick someone cheap and fast in the outfield to platoon with dyson.  i could also see just using that infield guy who broke his finger to platoon with dyson.  doesn't seem to have great speed, but he can play 3rd so he must have a good arm.  then make the trade for the catcher/dh and you save a lot of roster space and money for maybe pitching or something.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31308 on: December 10, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
as we sit now, this looks to be about a 5 under at the break type of team to me.  :flush:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31309 on: December 10, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »
They've earned our patience RD

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31310 on: December 10, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »
See you guys in 2043 you guys!  :buh-bye:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31311 on: December 10, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »

seriously. I mean, what has this team done lately to garner trust from the fans? Nothing I can think of off the top of my head

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31312 on: December 10, 2014, 04:26:18 PM »

seriously. I mean, what has this team done lately to garner trust from the fans? Nothing I can think of off the top of my head

Less than the White Sox.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31313 on: December 10, 2014, 04:27:49 PM »

Well, they seem to be sitting on their hands at the moment and just lost some real meat from their World Series run. They've got additional spending for once and this would seem as good of time as any to make a real move.  :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31314 on: December 10, 2014, 04:29:55 PM »

Well, they seem to be sitting on their hands at the moment and just lost some real meat from their World Series run. They've got additional spending for once and this would seem as good of time as any to make a real move.  :dunno:

Yeah, if the Royals don't do something this offseason to make them the favorite to win the Central, they never will.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31315 on: December 10, 2014, 04:30:52 PM »

Well tomorrow is not opening day so chillax bro.

Less than the White Sox.

The white sox have been terrible the past 2 years and we just won the freaking American League. What on Earth are you talking about

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31316 on: December 10, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »

Less than the White Sox.

The white sox have been terrible the past 2 years and we just won the freaking American League. What on Earth are you talking about

RATM also said that the WS run was going to give us enough extra money to go get Max Scherzer, so I don't think even he knows what the eff he's talking about.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31317 on: December 10, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »

Less than the White Sox.

RATM also said that the WS run was going to give us enough extra money to go get Max Scherzer, so I don't think even he knows what the eff he's talking about.

We have enough money to get Max Scherzer. We would have enough money without the World Series run. The World Series run just gave us a reason to go get him.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31318 on: December 10, 2014, 04:43:48 PM »
We're better off without albatross contracts like what Scherzer will get. Go be a Rangers fan if you wanna deal with that nonsense.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31319 on: December 10, 2014, 04:49:33 PM »
We're better off without albatross contracts like what Scherzer will get. Go be a Rangers fan if you wanna deal with that nonsense.

I wish it were that easy.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31320 on: December 10, 2014, 08:06:58 PM »

i agree.

it's probably foolish (almost definitely foolish), but i'm starting to wonder if shields was so bad in the postseason that teams might irrationally underprice him enough that he makes sense for the royals.  something like that and go sign mccarthy and i don't give a crap who the fourth outfielder is.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #31321 on: December 10, 2014, 08:37:55 PM »

But then again they're apparently in on Asdrubal Cabrera, so who knows :dunno:

And Rafael Furcal  :flush:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31322 on: December 11, 2014, 08:44:34 AM »
the royals offseason so far is a complete slam dunk / home run combo, compared to Sporting's offseason

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31323 on: December 11, 2014, 08:50:52 AM »
the royals offseason so far is a complete slam dunk / home run combo, compared to Sporting's offseason

I know nothing at all about soccer, but Sporting has earned our patience.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31324 on: December 11, 2014, 09:09:43 AM »
Cespedes to Detroit. Keep staying patient, Royals.  :lol: