Author Topic: Ranking of desired landing spots  (Read 6952 times)

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking of desired landing spots
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 06:48:23 PM »
According to ESPN, MWC says they will not be expanding.  :dunno:

They are placing it on hold until they find out if we are available or not. They want us. They want us bad.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »

They are placing it on hold until they find out if we are available or not. They want us. They want us bad.

:bigtoke:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 07:23:58 PM »
I would definitely be setting any roadies @ Tommy Mack as the premiere event on my schedule every year.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »
And, as been alluded to in another thread, I can't fathom how awesome it would be to watch a more-than-slightly drunk Pete screaming obscenities at Mormons in Provo.

It would be incredible.  That's bucket-list* type stuff, folks.

*stupid, but applies here.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »

:bigtoke:

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/mwc-decides-not-to-expand-___-for-now-95792014.html

The Pacific-10 Conference is considering going up to 16 schools, and the same could occur with the Big Ten and Southeastern conferences. Such moves could effectively end the Big 12 Conference, which could leave some of those schools left out of the mix --Â such as Colorado, Kansas and Kansas State -- for the Mountain West to possibly pick up.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 09:47:47 PM »
Roadies  :driving: in auburn (HATE these frackers), baton rouge, and NASHVILLE (super elite)! but on the downside we'll have to start wearing khaki pants and polos to the games, i'm more of a cut off jeans and wife beater at the games type of guy  :dunno:
I'm purple down

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 10:13:13 PM »
1)  Am I the only one who didn't know Get Hit was an old lady?  Weird.  2)  As long as we get to keep Frank and are able to compete at a national level in b-ball, I am all about a move to a strengthened MWC.  It'll probably pick up the BCS spot vacated by the defunct Big 12, and we could easily win 8-9 football games a year (including non-con) in that conference.  Plus, the baseball team could prob win that conference pretty handidly.  Couple that with some nice 'pak locales and we have a winner. 

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »
And, as been alluded to in another thread, I can't fathom how awesome it would be to watch a more-than-slightly drunk Pete screaming obscenities at Mormons in Provo.

My. Lord.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 12:30:25 AM »

My. Lord.

It's all ahead of you kid.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 01:17:51 AM »
Considering that I live within an 8 our drive of 6 MWC schools right now, I suppose there are worse things in the world than being downgraded to that slum.  By adding K-State, ISU, and Boise, they'll likely become the 6th BCS conference. 

It would be great if CU and KU joined the MWC as well, but I'm pretty sure CU will find its way into the Pac 10 somehow and KU will likely land in the SEC or Big East.  If Notre Dame joins the Big 10, then I think KU will find an easier time finding a landing spot outside of the MWC.  Joining the MWC could revive the CU sports programs by creating fierce rivalries.  Then they could continue feeling superior to everyone as well, which befits Boulder. 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 01:49:46 AM »
1)  Am I the only one who didn't know Get Hit was an old lady?  Weird.  2)  As long as we get to keep Frank and are able to compete at a national level in b-ball, I am all about a move to a strengthened MWC.  It'll probably pick up the BCS spot vacated by the defunct Big 12, and we could easily win 8-9 football games a year (including non-con) in that conference.  Plus, the baseball team could prob win that conference pretty handidly.  Couple that with some nice 'pak locales and we have a winner. 

This is all assuming that our recruiting remains the same in MWC. I think conference has a lot to do with what players come there, just look at the style of play in Big East basketball compared to that of the SEC, much more physical. We will lose recruits, and saying we can stay the same just in a different conference might be a bit farfetched, anyone else agree??
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 02:20:29 AM »
The style of play each conference has results in certain types of players being rescruited, not vice versa.  Look at the Big 12 and the influx of spread option players, on both sides of the ball.   Snyders move to the ball control offense and 4-2-5 is a direct answer to those spreads, and it worked pretty damn well with shitty talent so I would expect more teams to experiment with it in years to come.  We haven't recruited well in football for some time now yet we were 1 win from playing in the CCG.  It's not like we're signing many highly recruited kids, even at a BCS school.  We'd be much better off competing against schools that are more our caliber than the UTs, OUs, UNLs, etc.  Not saying we will win the MWC every year, but we can go .500 every year there and that means a bowl trip every year.  I would be totally cool with that, so long as it doesn't hurt bball.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 08:42:17 AM »
It's Tuesday . . . so Tuesday mean's "SEC or Bust" day for Dax.

You're looking live at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium better known as the Swamp where today 93,000 will gather to watch their Florida Gators take on the Kansas State Wildcats  . . . hello everybody I'm . . .

Offline Iceberg

• Fan
    • View Profile
Silver lining...
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 08:56:18 AM »
In face of reality, we should look for the bright side of this shitty situation....

Maybe being in the Mountain West will help us drop the KS is totally flat misconception.  :dunno:

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 08:57:03 AM »

You're looking live at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium better known as the Swamp where today 93,000 will gather to watch their Florida Gators take on the Kansas State Wildcats  . . . hello everybody I'm . . .

KSU + Verne Lundquist?

I'll watch the game with no pants if that happens.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 10:55:24 AM »

hahah if you're talkin about when i said "me and some other old lady on the flight to denver" well hullabaloo, I guess i worded that wrong.  thanks for catching it.  for the record, I am not an old lady  :)
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »
What if instead of the few big XII teams that would remain joining the MWC, why don't we absorb the MWC and that way we can still stay a BCS conference. Genius I know.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 11:24:06 AM »
What if instead of the few big XII teams that would remain joining the MWC, why don't we absorb the MWC and that way we can still stay a BCS conference. Genius I know.

The word is that if more than 6 schools bail, the Big 12 ceases to exist as a BCS conference.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2010, 11:25:12 AM »
2.5  KSU to BCS conference, KU to Atlantic 10. 

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2010, 11:25:26 AM »

The word is that if more than 6 schools bail, the Big 12 ceases to exist as a BCS conference.
:frown:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
2.5  KSU to BCS conference, KU to Atlantic 10. 

It would be more likely that KSU goes to the MWC right before the MWC becomes BCS, and KU goes to the Big East right before it gets raided by the Big 10, ACC (again) and the SEC.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
Roadies  :driving: in auburn (HATE these frackers), baton rouge, and NASHVILLE (super elite)! but on the downside we'll have to start wearing khaki pants and polos to the games, i'm more of a cut off jeans and wife beater at the games type of guy  :dunno:

Mods, please group with the Harley Day thread.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2010, 11:45:32 AM »

Even with bowl game-like travel, there won't be enough purple for the camers to notice.