Author Topic: K-State backs out of another scheduling agreement  (Read 4397 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
K-State backs out of another scheduling agreement
« on: June 02, 2010, 09:33:56 AM »
Jacksonville State Gamecocks

The Gamecocks are still looking for a guarantee game in 2011 to fill the void created by Kansas State’s pulling out of an agreement to play.

With Oregon and Miami on the schedule, this was not the game I was expecting to see pulled.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: K-State backs out of another scheduling agreement
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »

The Gamecocks are still looking for a guarantee game in 2011 to fill the void created by Kansas State’s pulling out of an agreement to play.

With Oregon and Miami on the schedule, this was not the game I was expecting to see pulled.

If we are going to ensure we don't make another bowl in the next 3-5 yrs, this is the sort of sched retooling that HAS to happen.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:38:58 AM »

If we are going to ensure we don't make another bowl in the next 3-5 yrs, this is the sort of sched retooling that HAS to happen.

Maybe a crappier team came at us with an offer to take less money to come play us.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:51:18 AM »
Good call IMO.  All should fear Jacksonville State.
3021  RIP

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 11:19:59 AM »
They were a top 25 team in 1-aa last year :ohno:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »

what's the big deal about making a bowl?  apparently going to bowls from 1993-2003 and winning a conference championship didn't really help recruiting.  good recruiting coaches help recruiting.  not independence bowls and not texas bowls.

and i'd much rather play oregon and miami in the regular season than play mississippi st in a meaningless game.

the only excuse i accept for crap non con schedules is the preparation angle.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 11:33:45 AM »

what's the big deal about making a bowl.  apparently going to bowls from 1993-2003 and winning a conference championship didn't really help recruiting.  good recruiting coaches help recruiting.  not independence bowls and not texas bowls.

and i'd much rather play oregon and miami in the regular season than play mississippi st in a meaningless game.

the only reason i accept excuses for shiite non con schedules is the preparation angle.

going to bowls gives you a whole extra month of practices, which i hear is pretty important in developing football players. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 11:39:28 AM »

what's the big deal about making a bowl?  apparently going to bowls from 1993-2003 and winning a conference championship didn't really help recruiting.  good recruiting coaches help recruiting.  not independence bowls and not texas bowls.

Is italics what I need to start using for sarcasm?  Honestly, I am not sure, so haven't started that practice.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »

what's the big deal about making a bowl?  apparently going to bowls from 1993-2003 and winning a conference championship didn't really help recruiting.  good recruiting coaches help recruiting.  not independence bowls and not texas bowls.

I almost agree with this except that I would say "what's the big deal about making a crap bowl?". "Big" bowl games are fun. Feels like you're actually playing for something, even if you're really not. Plus, we need money for a practice facility.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 12:06:11 PM »

what's the big deal about making a bowl.  apparently going to bowls from 1993-2003 and winning a conference championship didn't really help recruiting.  good recruiting coaches help recruiting.  not independence bowls and not texas bowls.

the only reason i accept excuses for shiite non con schedules is the preparation angle.

going to bowls gives you a whole extra month of practices, which i hear is pretty important in developing football players. 

coach em up  :ksu:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »

Snyd's has officially lost it. He's probably going to schedule Florida now or something.... :ohno:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 12:45:32 PM »
They pushed FSU to the limit last year  :ohno:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 12:51:52 PM »
This was most likely done so we can schedule KU as an OOC cupcake in '11.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 11:05:31 PM »
Maybe Currie told Snyder that we don't have enough money to pay them whatever it was that they wanted for the guaranteed W. We'll probably replace them with a home and home with a Sunbelt Conference foe.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 07:59:46 AM »

chum1 is going to boom roast that statement when he sees it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 08:23:33 AM »
what gets KSU more money?  honoring the contracts with Miami and Oregon or dropping those 2 games and playing in the Independence Bowl?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 08:39:35 AM »
what gets KSU more money?  honoring the contracts with Miami and Oregon or dropping those 2 games and playing in the Independence Bowl?

A lot of teams that go to the Independence Bowl make less than the travel expense of getting to the bowl, so we would probably make more money just keeping Miami and Oregon on the schedule. I would support buying out of one of these games, but not both.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »
A lot of dumbasses in this thread.

I will fist fight anyone who thinks that scheduling tough in the non-con has any value at all.   Scheduling a soft non-con ensures bowl games, and consistent bowl games help recruiting and player development more than losing "big" non-con games and not going to bowls.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 09:10:46 AM »
A lot of dumbasses in this thread.

I will fist fight anyone who thinks that scheduling tough in the non-con has any value at all.   Scheduling a soft non-con ensures bowl games, and consistent bowl games help recruiting and player development more than losing "big" non-con games and not going to bowls.

You can schedule one good noncon opponent and even if you lose, you only have to go 3-5 in conference to get to a bowl game. This is assuming you don't lose to some crappy team like LA-LA.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 09:13:23 AM »
meh.  would say good recruiting coaches mean more for recruiting than bowl games as is evident by the joke that become ksu football from 2004 - present.  

player development  :dunno:  seen a lot of teams play like ass after 3 weeks of player development and preparing for a meaningless game.  maybe better working on individual drills and weight lifting after 4 months of practicing and playing.

what's a little silly is that the schedule last year was a joke and we still couldn't get to a bowl.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 09:14:53 AM »
also bowl games are for gheys

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
meh.  would say good recruiting coaches mean more for recruiting than bowl games as is evident by the joke that become ksu football from 2004 - present.  

player development  :dunno:  seen a lot of teams play like ass after 3 weeks of player development and preparing for a meaningless game.  maybe better working on individual drills and weight lifting after 4 months of practicing and playing.

what's a little silly is that the schedule last year was a joke and we still couldn't get to a bowl.

That was only because the schedule was so much of a joke that one of our wins didn't count.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 09:17:20 AM »
When we are making our pitch to the Pac 10, I'd rather be coming off a Pinstripe Bowl season than a no bowl season.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 09:18:42 AM »
When we are making our pitch to the Pac 10, I'd rather be coming off a Pinstripe Bowl season than a no bowl season.

We'll get the same response either way. It will be "No."

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 03:41:11 PM »

The player development that you heat about is the underclassmen.  Not the upperclassmen who are playing like ass because they wanted to go to the Fiesta Bowl and play for a national championship and instead are playing in the shitty Alamo Bowl.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14