Author Topic: New Defensive Coordinator  (Read 17122 times)

The Big Train

Re: New Defensive Coordinator
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2018, 10:20:37 PM »
The old “I’m triggered” then when I get called out on being triggered so quickly “I’m not triggered, you guys are the ones triggered”, routine.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2018, 10:39:55 PM »
Yeah man.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »
I mean it’s whatever he isn’t going to make or break us.

Weird take.  "He sucks but he probably doesn't suck so bad that we will tank next year."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

This hire sucks.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2018, 11:58:53 AM »
yeah im not sure i like this move unless its for recruiting purposes. they gave up almost 550 yds a game and only had 7 total picks, not all his fault im sure but they also gave up 62, 59, 54, 43, 42, 41 against a pretty bad schedule. the big 12 might eat him alive
not sure if this qualifies as "bitching" or not but these are the facts, you give up that many points to some pretty meh teams and you have some serious scheme flaws.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2018, 11:59:40 AM »
Not an exciting hire but this late in the game with a coach that is taking it year to year, what are you going to do?  Oklahoma/Texas recruiting ties are a plus but everything else looks pretty unimpressive.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2018, 12:30:57 PM »

Weird take.  "He sucks but he probably doesn't suck so bad that we will tank next year."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

This hire sucks.

Have some faith in Blake Seiler PI’ng this guy into a serviceable secondary.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Harry Dunne

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »
Hopefully he doesn’t bend or break us either.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2018, 11:54:25 AM »
https://twitter.com/GPCwallace/status/963836582800384000

https://twitter.com/GPCwallace/status/963836938842120192

Ummm, no. The Baylor crap went back to like 2012/13 didn't it? Just cause crap starts to fly in 2015 doesn't mean that's when the timeline starts.

And also, some of the Sandusky crap was after he was retired but still doing his creepy second mile stuff. And Penn State continued to allow him to use their facilities with it up until like 2008 or some crap.

I'm not saying he had any (he probably had absolutely zero knowledge since he keeps getting jobs) knowledge, but let's not ignore the fact he was at both places during the crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2018, 01:58:33 PM »
But if he didn't know anything why wouldn't we ignore it? Both situations had extensive investigations done and he's never came up. Those are both incredibly shitty things to have your name attached to if you didn't do anything. It cost Greg Schiano a job.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2018, 02:06:38 PM »
yeah i don't like the take that since he simply worked for baylor and penn state he should be shunned. if there has been due diligence and his name legitimately hasn't been involved with any wrongdoing, he should absolutely be considered for jobs.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2018, 02:53:41 PM »
But if he didn't know anything why wouldn't we ignore it? Both situations had extensive investigations done and he's never came up. Those are both incredibly shitty things to have your name attached to if you didn't do anything. It cost Greg Schiano a job.

Considering how wrong you've been on this entire topic, you should just stay away.  But you're not that smart.

Stuff like what happened at Baylor doesn't happen unless the entire culture is warped.  Even one strong person could've changed this entire ordeal and probably prevented multiple crimes.  Norwood isn't that person.

In addition, he seems to suck at coaching defense.

This hire sucks really bad.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2018, 03:12:46 PM »
Who said he should be shunned?

And it was DJamer Wally that brought it up. Which if he wants to bring up the Baylor/Penn State situations, he needs to simply state it's been proven he was never involved, cleared (obviously), and move on.

He doesn't need to make a post like that with an inaccurate timeline as the reason he's fine. Give the man credit and say he's fine because he had zero knowledge/involvement while at those places, not cause he wasn't there.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2018, 03:57:21 PM »
What’s with his career arc at Baylor, did he essentially get forced out of his DC spot for Phil Bennet and given an AHC tag?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2018, 06:00:05 PM »
Who said he should be shunned?

Steffy, basically.

What transpired at Baylor was only possible because of a warped culture.  Anybody associated with the football program during that time is forever tainted.

There are a million coaches out there.  Why go there?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2018, 09:03:17 PM »

Considering how wrong you've been on this entire topic, you should just stay away.  But you're not that smart.

Stuff like what happened at Baylor doesn't happen unless the entire culture is warped.  Even one strong person could've changed this entire ordeal and probably prevented multiple crimes.  Norwood isn't that person.

What the eff have I been wrong about, fuckwit? No one was wrong about Baylor, no one, including you, didn't say crap about serial rapes being covered up.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2018, 10:42:15 PM »

What the eff have I been wrong about, fuckwit? No one was wrong about Baylor, no one, including you, didn't say crap about serial rapes being covered up.

You’re adorable MIR

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2018, 08:34:46 AM »
I'm fine with this hire.  He's obviously been thoroughly vetted.  Sounds like he's a good recruiter with solid ties in our primary grounds.  His numbers at Tulsa are a little concerning but given the timing of this search we could have done a lot worse.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2018, 03:40:14 PM »
I want to punch steffy in his goddamned stupid face.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2018, 04:09:50 PM »
I want to punch steffy in his goddamned stupid face.

You think Kim Mulkey is adorable, too?