Author Topic: New Defensive Coordinator  (Read 17119 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Defensive Coordinator
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:39 PM »
I'm going to give this guy a shot but body bags basically follow him around
Previously, Norwood served as assistant head coach to Art Briles at Baylor University. Both Norwood and Briles served as assistants to Mike Leach at Texas Tech in 2000. Norwood was also an assistant to Joe Paterno at Penn State from 2001 to 2007.

Fantastic he was an assistant at Penn State during prime Sandusky raping era.

If Tennessee fans can get the Schiano hiring overturned, surely we can handle a DB coach

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2018, 01:45:46 PM »
no one knows how to best ease this mind of mine like the DJamer
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:02:45 PM by meow meow »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2018, 01:46:41 PM »
Being popular with the fans/alumni in 2011 is not exactly what I would call an endorsement
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2018, 02:00:58 PM »
Tulsa was 128th in yards per pass attempt last season.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2018, 02:22:50 PM »
Didn't a lot of the Sandusky raping happen while he was retired and still using the facilities?
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »
Didn't a lot of the Sandusky raping happen while he was retired and still using the facilities?

up until 2002 when his keys were taken away. I doubt very much that our new guy knew anything about it or the baylor stuff btw. just unlucky timing.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2018, 04:48:35 PM »
The baylor sexual assault scandal wikipedia page is about 200 bullet points like this and the last name norwood did not appear once in a word search.

December 5, 2016: A group called Bears for Leadership Reform pushes for an independent investigation into the university's board of regents. They want the investigation to review conduct beginning even before the Pepper Hamilton Report was issued. Former Texas Governor Mark White said, "We’ve lost faith in Pepper Hamilton. The secrecy surrounding it does not pass the smell test."[113]
December 6, 2016: Baylor announces Matt Rhule as its new head football coach. Rhule leaves the same position at Temple.[114] On the same day, the Southern Association of Colleges and Universities Commission places Baylor on accreditation probation due to the sexual assault scandal.[115]
December 8, 2016: Former Head Football Coach Art Briles files suit against Baylor for libel, slander, and conspiracy because officials accused him of covering up at least one report of sexual assault.[116]
December 12, 2016: Baylor regents vote unanimously to reject a call for a third party to review the university's handling of the sexual assault scandal. The call was made by a group of the school's major donors.[117]
December 13, 2016: Tom Hill, a former Baylor assistant athletic director, files suit against Pepper Hamilton, accusing the law firm of negligence and defamation. He asks for US $60,000 in damages. He had previously been offered and refused a US $34,373 severance package from the school.[118] On the same day, a report released by the group Bears for Leadership Reform stated the university had already lost US $76 million due to the sexual assault scandal. It projected the total loss could top US $223 million.[119]
December 27, 2016: Bears wide receiver K. D. Cannon dedicates the team's Cactus Bowl win to Art Briles.[120]

Which means I guess he is okay until he proves he is awful at his job.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2018, 07:37:43 AM »
The baylor sexual assault scandal wikipedia page is about 200 bullet points like this and the last name norwood did not appear once in a word search.

December 5, 2016: A group called Bears for Leadership Reform pushes for an independent investigation into the university's board of regents. They want the investigation to review conduct beginning even before the Pepper Hamilton Report was issued. Former Texas Governor Mark White said, "We’ve lost faith in Pepper Hamilton. The secrecy surrounding it does not pass the smell test."[113]
December 6, 2016: Baylor announces Matt Rhule as its new head football coach. Rhule leaves the same position at Temple.[114] On the same day, the Southern Association of Colleges and Universities Commission places Baylor on accreditation probation due to the sexual assault scandal.[115]
December 8, 2016: Former Head Football Coach Art Briles files suit against Baylor for libel, slander, and conspiracy because officials accused him of covering up at least one report of sexual assault.[116]
December 12, 2016: Baylor regents vote unanimously to reject a call for a third party to review the university's handling of the sexual assault scandal. The call was made by a group of the school's major donors.[117]
December 13, 2016: Tom Hill, a former Baylor assistant athletic director, files suit against Pepper Hamilton, accusing the law firm of negligence and defamation. He asks for US $60,000 in damages. He had previously been offered and refused a US $34,373 severance package from the school.[118] On the same day, a report released by the group Bears for Leadership Reform stated the university had already lost US $76 million due to the sexual assault scandal. It projected the total loss could top US $223 million.[119]
December 27, 2016: Bears wide receiver K. D. Cannon dedicates the team's Cactus Bowl win to Art Briles.[120]

Which means I guess he is okay until he proves he is awful at his job.

What transpired at Baylor was only possible because of a warped culture.  Anybody associated with the football program during that time is forever tainted.

There are a million coaches out there.  Why go there?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2018, 11:09:46 AM »

up until 2002 when his keys were taken away. I doubt very much that our new guy knew anything about it or the baylor stuff btw. just unlucky timing.
Yeah I definitely don't implicate our guy in that, it just seemed like an odd argument
:adios:

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »
Man, this hire sucks.  In addition to the Baylor ties, he is old and hasn't really been involved with good defenses.  Most recently, he was responsible for a horrible defense. :flush:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2018, 03:48:42 PM »
Jesus Steffy, shut up.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2018, 03:54:22 PM »
I mean it’s whatever he isn’t going to make or break us. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2018, 03:59:45 PM »
I mean it’s whatever he isn’t going to make or break us.
Exactly

Offline KSUVoyager

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2018, 04:16:03 PM »
I am not trying to infer that Norwood is guilty of any wrongdoing, but I feel that Ryan Wallace is a bit off on his dismissal of Norwood's past. Sandusky had access to the Penn State facilities in 2002, which is when Mike McQueary saw him abusing a child and when Sandusky's keys were taken away to the facility soon after. Norwood began his stint as the Penn State safeties coach in 2001, so there is some time overlap there. The chance Norwood saw anything or knew anything about Penn State is small, but still, some overlap exists.

However, with Baylor all of the alleged 52 rapes occurred between 2011-2014, which was completely within the timeframe Norwood was there as an assistant head coach. The culture with that program in that timeframe was very toxic and rape enabling, and while that doesn't make him guilty I personally wouldn't touch anything from that timeframe in Waco with a 10 foot pole.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »
so how many people told us no before we had to land at this guy?

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2018, 04:24:09 PM »
so how many people told us no before we had to land at this guy?

This was our number 1 all the way.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »
The crap that some of you try to find to bitch about is outstanding to watch at times.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2018, 04:30:15 PM »
what's it like at other times?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2018, 04:35:20 PM »
Entertaining. Like you trying to figure out what a carb is in your 30's.  :love: :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2018, 06:07:20 PM »
he was implicated i a heroin trafficking ring until lt. frank drebin cleared him.  never mind that was nordberg

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2018, 08:23:38 PM »
The crap that some of you try to find to bitch about is outstanding to watch at times.

Can you give me a list of things that are safe to bitch about so I don't upset anyone? Thanks.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2018, 09:05:43 PM »
it’s obviously ok to bitch about bitching

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2018, 09:32:09 PM »

Can you give me a list of things that are safe to bitch about so I don't upset anyone? Thanks.
It's best if he doesn't provide the list. It makes it easier for the rest of us to figure out your hidden agenda.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2018, 09:36:32 PM »
Sensitive triggers, fellas.