Author Topic: Keith...  (Read 2048 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Keith...
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:31:00 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: Keith...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:51:10 AM »
My dad was telling me about all of the sportscast he had done throughout the years, from ABC's wide world of sports to the Olympics to his infamous college football calls. It's safe to say he will be widely missed by lots, young and old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »
And so it’s a good night, from the happiest place on earth... Manhattan, Kansas.
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:58:45 AM »
The best to do it and probably won’t be topped. At least for me. I don’t usually get wound up in celebrity deaths but this one hurts. A lot of memories tied to his voice.
emaw

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 03:01:12 PM »
Legend

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
And so it’s a good night, from the happiest place on earth... Manhattan, Kansas.
2:37:09 mark

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 03:41:08 AM »

I was in a restaurant in Tucson, AZ watching this. 13 years old. Walked out of there in tears of joy with my dad. My aunt and uncle met us there on their way back to Phoenix (it was a long time ago/details are sketchy), and my uncle walks up to my dad and I outside the restaurant and goes, "Sorry you guys lost." And we just laughed our butts off at him. I believe Trim also once told me he was blacked out on the field harassing Eric Crouch in the closing seconds. Hopefully he can confirm this. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 08:49:49 AM »
Other than that closing line, Keith's #coverage of the last few minutes of that game was awful.

I believe Trim also once told me he was blacked out on the field harassing Eric Crouch in the closing seconds. Hopefully he can confirm this. 

Not quite.  At the end of the 2nd early rush, I found myself inside the husker kickoff return huddle and Tony Ortiz spun me around by the cape back towards their sideline but I didn't get my ass kicked any further b/c there were already like 40 EMAWs to 1 husker on the sideline.