Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 56895 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2017, 01:00:17 PM »
http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/2017-11-21/k-state-officials-exchanged-emails-story-jim-leavitt-s-coaching

“It would be big $ and a hassle to fly from NYC to Little Rock and back to NYC, but it certainly would make for excellent message board fodder and succession theatre,” Currie said in an email to Veatch.

:love:
Confirmed. Currie read (and loved) gE.com.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2017, 01:04:44 PM »
Trolled the (captain) crap out of us
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2017, 01:29:10 PM »
lol, currie always thinking about saving money!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2017, 01:31:02 PM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2017, 01:32:30 PM »
i never said the games were boring, i said our program is boring, you pinheads. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2017, 01:41:16 PM »
That was really poorly written. Would have been much easier to just read the emails.

Yep.  Almost every article I read about stuff gotten through records requests is like that. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »
Some poster on here could probably win a pulitzer or whatever if they just wrote a concise history that puts all the events in chronological order, including before all of the relatively recent stuff and back when it was thought Currie nixed Leavitt coming back on staff before he'd been rehab'd.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2017, 02:42:52 PM »

pretty vague/meaningless IMO

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2017, 06:20:56 PM »
Alright guys, I take my comment back. I've been disappointed with the home games besides OU. The weather and shitty play have made them unbearable to be at.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2017, 09:42:59 AM »

We've had mediocre results since 2012.  This year was supposed to be a breakout year.  But instead we got mediocre results.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »

We've had mediocre results since 2012.  This year was supposed to be a breakout year.  But instead we got mediocre results.

Before Saturday, we had won 2 of our last 20 games against ranked teams. 2! and one of those was a #25 ranked Tech team that probably ended up not making a bowl game.

So yeah, I'll side with Dlew on this one. Win most of the games you're supposed, lose basically every game you're supposed to.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »
I'd you don't like it then get out
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 22, 2017, 10:13:34 AM »
Very little time left for Bill’s most ardent supporters to secure tickets to his last home game, if he hasn’t already tipped them off.  He really should make the announcement soon.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »
LOL, just kidding.  Yeah, no, Bill decided weeks ago that he had come back next year to avoid a 2005 again.  No more going out on a losing note.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2017, 12:57:19 PM »

so you just want to win more. That's fair.

In all seriousness, this season hasn't been terribly different than 2011. That team was just luckier.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 22, 2017, 01:06:08 PM »
Currie was absolutely talking about gE on the flight thing. 

Also the use of the word "succession" was never part of the vernacular until a buzzed up Pete and myself cornered Currie at the old 810 Zone on the plaza and demanded he tell us what his succession plan was.  It was amazing and is even more amazing now considering everything that has happened.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 22, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »
In all seriousness, this season hasn't been terribly different than 2011. That team was just luckier.

Pretty much.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2017, 01:52:13 PM »
Pretty interesting. It also feels like to me the teams in the big Xii were overall better this year.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2017, 01:58:41 PM »
Pretty interesting. It also feels like to me the teams in the big Xii were overall better this year.
not the defenses

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2017, 02:00:09 PM »
Kansas was the only conference game won by more than a touchdown that season. Gave up 58 at home to Oklahoma.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/KansasState.htm

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 22, 2017, 02:09:53 PM »
I'm not sure what your point is.  I remember 2011.  It was a lucky season, but it was a 10 win season nonetheless. 

I'm not saying this season or our program couldn't be worse.  It could.  I'm saying that we've been watching the same 6-9 win seasons for the last 5 years.  Shitty defense for the most part.  QB injuries.  Take care of business against the bad teams.  Lose to the good teams. Be irrelevant in the conference title picture.

I fully admit that if we were a 10 win team this year (like I expected) i'd be whistling a different tune.  But i feel like it's fair to say that Snyder and the gang have plateaued.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 22, 2017, 02:17:59 PM »
I'm not sure what your point is.  I remember 2011.  It was a lucky season, but it was a 10 win season nonetheless. 

I'm not saying this season or our program couldn't be worse.  It could.  I'm saying that we've been watching the same 6-9 win seasons for the last 5 years.  Shitty defense for the most part.  QB injuries.  Take care of business against the bad teams.  Lose to the good teams. Be irrelevant in the conference title picture.

I fully admit that if we were a 10 win team this year (like I expected) i'd be whistling a different tune.  But i feel like it's fair to say that Snyder and the gang have plateaued.

My general point is we could easily have another 2011 or 2012 type season over the next couple of seasons. Everything you're saying is pretty accurate, I just think the line between 7 wins and 10 wins this season is much more fine than you do.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 22, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »
Also, my other point is that Snyder can consistently maintain a program that always finishes in the top half of the conference and had earned enough goodwill to lead that type of program as long as he wants. I get what you mean by that being "boring" now but I just disagree.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2017, 02:26:31 PM »

My general point is we could easily have another 2011 or 2012 type season over the next couple of seasons. Everything you're saying is pretty accurate, I just think the line between 7 wins and 10 wins this season is much more fine than you do.
We haven't been ranked any later than the month of October since 2014.  I give quite a bit of leeway season to season, but when it's been that long since we've been relevant, dlew gets restless and grumpy.  Especially when this was supposed to be our season.

Also, my other point is that Snyder can consistently maintain a program that always finishes in the top half of the conference and had earned enough goodwill to lead that type of program as long as he wants. I get what you mean by that being "boring" now but I just disagree.
I'm not saying we should fire snyder.  I'm saying I'd like it if Snyder decided to retire this year.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 22, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »
random thought: it is a fact that Sean has wanted to get rid of assistants over the years and Bill wouldn't let him. Sean would absolutely not be my first choice, but i would at least give it a 'wait and see' approach to see what changes he makes.