Author Topic: We Need to Effect Change  (Read 6134 times)

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
We Need to Effect Change
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:16:21 AM »
I am tired of us all having to complain and voice our opinions here. I am boycotting this bs until Dimel gets fired, Snyder retires, or we do something demonstrably different. I do not have a grudge with any particular person associated with the university. Great school. Snyder has made it viable for future generations in profound ways. However, this crap needs to end.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: We Need to Effect Change
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:26:37 AM »

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:08:40 AM »
Contacting players and encouraging them to complain about their touches is just the worst.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 07:12:46 AM »
 :blank:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »
so you're effecting change by posting screenshots of your tweets?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 08:51:43 AM »
My goodness.

I completely understand the frustration with this season, but the burn it down reaction by many (not just this thread) is over the top. If we were at Baylor or KU levels then maybe a case could be made, but we aren't even close to that. The program still is in good shape and the current staff is likely gone soon regardless of how much complaining or "boycotting" this fan base does.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 09:07:58 AM »
 :jerk:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 09:12:19 AM »
pvegs, you need to let yourself appreciate KSU sports for what they are for now.  The games go on in the background.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We Need to Effect Change
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 09:15:10 AM »
I was thinking something cool would be to get people to pool their money into a big pot to be donated to KSU athletics only when a good FB coaching hire is made. Like, have a list of acceptable candidates. Not so much to try to force out this staff but to have an effective voice on the next hire.

Way too lazy to go about putting together something like that, but since the purpose would be purely to donate to Kats athletics it could maybe even be a 501(c)(3)? :dunno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 09:27:46 AM »
I was thinking something cool would be to get people to pool their money into a big pot to be donated to KSU athletics only when a good FB coaching hire is made. Like, have a list of acceptable candidates. Not so much to try to force out this staff but to have an effective voice on the next hire.

Way too lazy to go about putting together something like that, but since the purpose would be purely to donate to Kats athletics it could maybe even be a 501(c)(3)? :dunno:

I'm pretty sure anyone that actually has enough money to donate that the AD is really listening is already doing something like that. I mean, I guess it would be cool if a bunch of BBSers pooled 2-3K to "make their point", but come on...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 09:29:22 AM »
that idea sounds #kufb af

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 09:39:52 AM »
https://www.fattyfund.org/donate/

KK, the FattyFest ticket stuff needs to be removed.  For now!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 09:40:46 AM »
https://www.fattyfund.org/donate/

KK, the FattyFest ticket stuff needs to be removed.  For now!

Yeah, if you want to pool some money, do this. You could actually make a difference.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 09:51:21 AM »

I'm pretty sure anyone that actually has enough money to donate that the AD is really listening is already doing something like that. I mean, I guess it would be cool if a bunch of BBSers pooled 2-3K to "make their point", but come on...

I mean, it doesn’t have to be limited to bbs-ers. I’m thinking of something that would function like a PAC. I have to imagine that a significant portion of athletics funding comes from smaller donations given by people who don’t feel like their contributions are going to sway anyone.

Obviously I’m not encouraging folks to come up with a pool of spite money to the exclusion of other decent uses.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 09:53:42 AM »
pvegs, you need to let yourself appreciate KSU sports for what they are for now.  The games go on in the background.

trim is right. background for us as we live our lives. the jerkoff emojis and whatnot are unnecessary, bc the people on this board who have met me and actually know me irl, know that I would give another kstater the shirt off my back. so, feel free to harass me, but just know that i don't appreciate it, and whatever childish middle school bs you wanna pull you can shove some place.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 09:59:48 AM »

i've donated to fatty fest. i know what's up. don't treat me like a child. you are obviously a very smart and capable adult, and your football acumen plus tech knowledge has enriched my online life over the years. but please, don't tell me what to do. i don't need help.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 10:04:46 AM by pvegs »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 10:01:06 AM »

trim is right. background for us as we live our lives.

I was being more literal, as in they're on the TV in the background of a PAK, while we're all babbling about who knows what else and watching peripherally and sometimes lol'n at a Dimel Family Sweep.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 10:05:15 AM »

trim is right. background for us as we live our lives.

I was being more literal, as in they're on the TV in the background of a PAK, while we're all babbling about who knows what else and watching peripherally and sometimes lol'n at a Dimel Family Sweep.

yeah, j. that's what i took your meaning to be. have a great day. i'm headed to school to do the real work.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 10:23:34 AM »
i've donated to fatty fest. i know what's up. don't treat me like a child. you are obviously a very smart and capable adult, and your football acumen plus tech knowledge has enriched my online life over the years. but please, don't tell me what to do. i don't need help.

Fair response and I get why you are frustrated with this season and the staff.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 11:47:04 AM »

sorry, _Fan. I'm really sick. I have a bad chest cold. I had to scramble to find a substitute teacher to cover for me this morning. I'd be kinder to you if I was in a better state of feeling/being. You've always been super kind and are just interested in turning people on to cool aspects of K-State sports/stats. And doing so in a calm and rational manner. Which I appreciate. I apologize.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 11:49:08 AM »

sorry, _Fan. I'm really sick. I have a bad chest cold. I had to scramble to find a substitute teacher to cover for me this morning. I'd be kinder to you if I was in a better state of feeling/being. You've always been super kind and are just interested in turning people on to cool aspects of K-State sports/stats. And doing so in a calm and rational manner. Which I appreciate. I apologize.

I was kinda being a prick too, its all good. :cheers:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 11:52:56 AM »
:cheers:

Back to my point, those beers were only $2.50 each at McCoy's.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »
i don't totally understand why the offense is catching all the heat. defense was equally if not more shitty, particularly in the second half on saturday.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »
i don't totally understand why the offense is catching all the heat. defense was equally if not more shitty, particularly in the second half on saturday.

Because compared to the defense, it appeared that we had offensive players and plays that could have succeeded had we chosen to use them.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 12:07:54 PM »

It was terrible, but I think Dimel has become the popular target this season. Plus, the 3rd quarter offense was pretty dreadful. Finally, the defense overall is probably about what most people expected, but the offense has been a big disappointment given the number of returners.