Author Topic: Sky's the Limit  (Read 79975 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sky's the Limit
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm guilty of getting mad about Dylan being too hurt to start the game we lost at KU but not hurt enough to keep him from almost mounting a comeback. Of course, I wasn't fully aware that our coaching staff has the same attitude toward injury that the staff on Varsity Blues had at that time, but that doesn't fully excuse me.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2017, 04:15:49 PM »
Of course he's masking the extent of his injuries, this program and this sport requires him to, that's the point slim.  Do you think Dalton Risner feels great playing on two sprained ankles? Pringle must have injured one of his eyes or something, he's playing.

You cannot place one tiny bit of blame on a player trying to play through pain. By the way, the fans require players to do it too.
so you want ertz to play on a torn meniscus am i gathering that right? what happened to #family?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2017, 04:42:10 PM »
Of course he's masking the extent of his injuries, this program and this sport requires him to, that's the point slim.  Do you think Dalton Risner feels great playing on two sprained ankles? Pringle must have injured one of his eyes or something, he's playing.

You cannot place one tiny bit of blame on a player trying to play through pain. By the way, the fans require players to do it too.
so you want ertz to play on a torn meniscus am i gathering that right? what happened to #family?

wtf, that's what you read?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »

You're gathering that very wrong.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »

alright

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2017, 06:33:38 PM »

alright

I thought my point was clear, I'll state it again. First of all, I've said more than once that if he's but he shouldn't be playing. Secondly, I wish football culture allowed him to be hurt and to heal properly without being forced to play while injured.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2017, 06:43:29 PM »

alright

I thought my point was clear, I'll state it again. First of all, I've said more than once that if he's but he shouldn't be playing. Secondly, I wish football culture allowed him to be hurt and to heal properly without being forced to play while injured.
well, okay then. fwiw i just got a text from people we both know that hertz will be out 4-6 weeks now. i guess we will see, apparently the mrs/scan didn't look good. i hope I'm wrong

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2017, 06:45:07 PM »

At what point are we going to listen to the several coach/trainer complaints this staff has had?

Huh? Like the training/medical staff sucks?

Also, I have had a ton meniscus and did nothing and it just got better. But I'm not playing D1 football. I just wanted to share that little anecdote about me. :Rusty:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 11:39:52 PM »

At what point are we going to listen to the several coach/trainer complaints this staff has had?

Huh? Like the training/medical staff sucks?

Also, I have had a ton meniscus and did nothing and it just got better. But I'm not playing D1 football. I just wanted to share that little anecdote about me. :Rusty:

No, that they, in conjunction with the coaches are playing players who may not be comfortable being on the field. There were whispers of this with Alex Barnes last season and full blown roars with Corey Sutton this past summer. There have been other things that we've seen; Collin Klein with his concussion against OSU and Grant Gregory playing most of the season with a torn rotator cuff.

Again, I think these things are prevalent and expected in the sport. I don't think our staffs are worse than anyone else, just not any better either.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2017, 07:58:41 AM »
Agree MIR. We just notice it with QBs because of the demands with our run game. I know a former Big 12 level baseball coach who calls football at the D1 level a "surgical sport".

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2017, 02:32:59 PM »
I mean, he's got to be in by the second half of this game right?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
I hope so

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2017, 03:45:42 PM »
I mean, he's got to be in by the second half of this game right?

He should, but we will probably go with the same game plan in the 2nd half knowing this staff.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2017, 08:37:53 PM »
A couple of people on KSO are saying he is transferring fwiw.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2017, 08:50:09 PM »
Figures.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2017, 09:05:06 PM »

Who is the "he" here
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline BBF$$Kat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2017, 10:26:30 PM »

Who is the "he" here
Seriously? Thread title bro

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2017, 10:29:04 PM »
This would be severely disappointing news.  I've been Sky high since the spring game.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »
Can't say I blame the kid.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2017, 07:39:44 AM »
I give up.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2017, 08:19:39 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he does transfer.  He is about to watch Ertz go back in as our starting QB a week after Delton put up the best game of K-State's season for a QB.  He might be thinking no matter how good he is, he won't see playing time until he knows the playbook better than the other QB's on the roster.  This has been the Snyder 2.0 mentality.  Play the guys that know the playbook the most, even if not as talented. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he does transfer.  He is about to watch Ertz go back in as our starting QB a week after Delton put up the best game of K-State's season for a QB.  He might be thinking no matter how good he is, he won't see playing time until he knows the playbook better than the other QB's on the roster.  This has been the Snyder 2.0 mentality.  Play the guys that know the playbook the most, even if not as talented.

Or, I guess he could think "I better learn the playbook."

I'm not sure how you define "talented," but I am completely confident that we play the QB that gives us the best chance of winning.

If Thompson leaves, he is a baby.  In any event, I don't believe the rumor.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2017, 08:51:46 AM »

Or, I guess he could think "I better learn the playbook."

I'm not sure how you define "talented," but I am completely confident that we play the QB that gives us the best chance of winning.

If Thompson leaves, he is a baby.  In any event, I don't believe the rumor.

this kind of post is kind of the ultimate litmus test for our fan base. on the one side, you have someone calling the athletes "babies" if they get frustrated by lack of opportunity or issues with the staff. on the other hand, you have fans who just want to see the best players play and have an exciting team, regardless of the hickups along the way. i think, ultimately, we all just want wins and a more fun style of football. neither of which is happening now. hence, our collective frustration/confusion. i see no downside to playing sky. delton played great but there are other things sky can do. we should be allowed to see what happens. no reason to get ertz even more hurt for a team that will go 6-6 at best. if sky plays and sucks, then fine. he can consider his transfer. but to not even get an opportunity when the situation so obviously asks for it, is just more fuel to the fire for why the inflexibility of this staff infuriates both elements of our fan base and the guys on the team.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »
For all the crap we give our coaches, I do believe that more often than not the best guy plays. Sams transferred to an FCS school and still struggled to get playing time. If Thompson does transfer, I think he would end up closer to that than a Mayfield type.

Ertz is the best we have right now. I just don’t understand why we would play him in our only easy win when he clearly has issues getting healthy.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2017, 09:03:01 AM »
Delton should play until he gets hurt. He just gave us our best offensive performance of the season against a top 10 team. I like Ertz, but he's injured. He also only led us to 7 points against Vanderbilt, VANDERBILT when he was healthy. Ertz should be our #3 option right now.