Author Topic: Texas Game Today  (Read 16310 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Game Today
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2017, 10:26:23 PM »
I actually thought the same thing about targeting.  But I'm assuming it's kind of like how the facemask rules are different for the runner.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2017, 10:29:43 PM »
Goulsby just got made a bitch.

Should Ehlinger get punished for targeting?  He led with the crown of his helmet into Goolsby’s head.

He really didn't even get made a bitch. He was engaged and being blocked by another guy while the QB "trucked" him. I mean, pretty easy to run over a defender who doesn't even know you're coming at him.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2017, 11:06:41 PM »
This Ehlinger kid is gonna push our crap in for the next four years.
Yes he is. This is a turning point game in our respective programs
No way he sticks around of four years.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2017, 11:08:32 PM »
Didn't watch it because football is for rough ridin' idiots

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2017, 01:27:44 AM »
If u taped game and watch replay, here are some key plays...

Goolsby & #6 mess up twice late in the game.
1) UT down 27-24 on 3rd &10, 3:00 left. UT has 5 WRs. Ksu has 5 DBs all off about 7-8 yds. 1 UT WR runs drag route. #6 was lined over him. #6 just drops few yards. All other 4 WRs are picked up by DBs. That UT WR catches drag route pass, jukes Worthless Kirby out of his shoes and gains 11 yds
2) 1st play OT. 3 WR top of the screen. Ksu has Shelly #6 and Goolsby lined up across the WRs. Middle WR runs slant route. #6 doesn't guard slant. He takes the inside WR going deep. Goolsby stayed on his WR, so they both guarded 1 man. Wide open easy TD

3) Ksu last drive in Regulation. 3rd &9. Zuber gets shoved out of bounds 12 yds down the field (Hello, illegal contact). If no call isn't bad enough, the Ref tossed his hat... signifying that Zuber went out of bounds. So he saw Zuber go out of bounds but had blinders on that he was shoved out. Most atrocious call I've seen in many many weeks of watching CFB

Offline CaliforniaLonghorn

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2017, 02:52:52 AM »
This Ehlinger kid is gonna push our crap in for the next four years.
Yes he is. This is a turning point game in our respective programs
No way he sticks around of four years.

The HS QB coming in next year is better than him
Seen the QB first hand. Is ready to come to UT and compete for the starting job
https://247sports.com/player/cameron-rising-86414

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 08, 2017, 06:41:10 AM »
It's about time you finally out recruit the state (rough ridin' Baylor) on QB's. You're rough ridin' Texas for Christ sakes.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2017, 08:42:10 AM »

1) UT down 27-24 on 3rd &10, 3:00 left. UT has 5 WRs. Ksu has 5 DBs all off about 7-8 yds. 1 UT WR runs drag route. #6 was lined over him. #6 just drops few yards. All other 4 WRs are picked up by DBs. That UT WR catches drag route pass, jukes Worthless Kirby out of his shoes and gains 11 yds
2) 1st play OT. 3 WR top of the screen. Ksu has Shelly #6 and Goolsby lined up across the WRs. Middle WR runs slant route. #6 doesn't guard slant. He takes the inside WR going deep. Goolsby stayed on his WR, so they both guarded 1 man. Wide open easy TD

3) Ksu last drive in Regulation. 3rd &9. Zuber gets shoved out of bounds 12 yds down the field (Hello, illegal contact). If no call isn't bad enough, the Ref tossed his hat... signifying that Zuber went out of bounds. So he saw Zuber go out of bounds but had blinders on that he was shoved out. Most atrocious call I've seen in many many weeks of watching CFB

4. Reggie Walker roughing the passer call was complete bs. QB was also standing in the pocket and threw the ball to nobody  (ie, grounding). Literally a 30 yard swing in field position.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 08, 2017, 10:00:42 AM »
Yes FSD, the QB throwing the ball out of bounds was on a 2nd & 10 play...it was the play right before the 3rd & 10 play I talked about.  College rules state, if QB is in the tackle box, he doesn't have to get the ball back to the line on scrimmage, but if he is trying to save yardage by deliberately throwing a forward pass incomplete, it can be called intentional grounding. So a flag could have been thrown on that play

Talk about back to back sucky plays. SMH.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 08, 2017, 10:20:49 AM »
Yes FSD, the QB throwing the ball out of bounds was on a 2nd & 10 play...it was the play right before the 3rd & 10 play I talked about.  College rules state, if QB is in the tackle box, he doesn't have to get the ball back to the line on scrimmage, but if he is trying to save yardage by deliberately throwing a forward pass incomplete, it can be called intentional grounding. So a flag could have been thrown on that play

Talk about back to back sucky plays. SMH.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about the officiating. I very rarely complain but there were some head scratchers.  The replay that ruled the Texas catch, the missed intentional grounding (when i saw the flag i was certain that was going to be the call) the Walker roughing penalty (wtf) and Dimel's hold in OT2...i honestly don't think he blocked the guy let alone held him.   And it was such a crucial call at a crucial time.  I thought it might be just me but Stan was pretty vocal in postgame about it.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2017, 11:09:19 AM »
Well, if you read Shaggy they (no surprisingly) were heavily complaining about the officiated as being unfair to them when they were losing.

The roughing penalty was because of the blow to the head.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 08, 2017, 11:16:53 AM »
 So they complained all 3 times they were penalized?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2017, 11:36:23 AM »
So they complained all 3 times they were penalized?
Yes and about all of the holding (they perceived) our linemen were getting away with.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »

4. Reggie Walker roughing the passer call was complete bs. QB was also standing in the pocket and threw the ball to nobody  (ie, grounding). Literally a 30 yard swing in fi

The forced contact out of bounds and the roughing/intentional grounding were mind numbing. The two OT holding calls were extremely chintzy, to say the least. Not like reaching out and grabbing a defender's jersey like on one of their QB scrambles.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
If you're looking for a villain in this one, look no further than the coaching staff.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »
Well, if you read Shaggy they (no surprisingly) were heavily complaining about the officiated as being unfair to them when they were losing.

That's not what was announced and didn't happen, in any event.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2017, 01:49:59 PM »

Then they should have sacked up and called targeting. But then I guess it would have been reviewable...

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2017, 01:56:57 PM »

Then they should have sacked up and called targeting. But then I guess it would have been reviewable...
Different from targeting.  When he swiped down he hit the qbs facemask.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2017, 02:34:00 PM »
I'd love to see video of the last Dimel hold.  That was a crucial call.  I didn't get the OT's dvr'd.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 08, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
I'd love to see video of the last Dimel hold.  That was a crucial call.  I didn't get the OT's dvr'd.

The Dimel hold was pretty weak. The one right before that was legit & costly. Everyone made a solid block except for Beechum #61. He grabbed #90 jersey for an extended period of time. Instead of a 13 yd run by Delton, and 1st & Goal from 5, it's 2nd and 13 from 28. Very costly!!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2017, 06:02:31 PM »
When you get your hand on top or on the side of the shoulder you risk a holding call. Both late holding calls had that, and neither of them gave us any advantage on their blocks. Both were dumb mental errors, you have to keep your hands inside when blocking or you put it into the hands of the officials.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2017, 06:56:52 PM »
The first hold on replay I was like "what a bad call," and then I saw the jersey stretching while the defender was running in the opposite direction. So no complaints there.

Dimel looked to me like he just got trucked, so I don't see the call there at all.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »
Game was a tossup and we lost.  I would have only been surprised is it was a blowout.  Its essentially the same 7-8 win team it's been the last few years, but Cats unfortunately playing in a better Big 12.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2017, 10:34:57 PM »
When you get your hand on top or on the side of the shoulder you risk a holding call. Both late holding calls had that, and neither of them gave us any advantage on their blocks. Both were dumb mental errors, you have to keep your hands inside when blocking or you put it into the hands of the officials.

Which is.completely fair but you can see Texas do the same thing several times, including to Goolsby when he got "trucked."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2017, 11:03:26 AM »

The holding on the left end of the line when the ball was going right really bothered me because it was always our players reaching to their left. You would think they would want the defender on their left with the ball going to the right. I guess the QB must have had an option to keep and run left or something.