Author Topic: If this is Bill Synder's last KSU coach team to come into Austin  (Read 12069 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: If this is Bill Synder's last KSU coach team to come into Austin
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2017, 05:23:33 PM »
Do you remember in the late 90's when Jim Harrick left Rhode Island to coach basketball at UGA. Anyway at URI his son was an assistant coach but was not allowed to hire him at UGA because of nepotism Laws in their state.
My question is does Kansas have anykind of nepotism laws on the books. From the sound of everything I am hearing what is going on at K State is blatant nepotism.

LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder hired a special teams coordinator who now leads one of the consistently best special teams units in the country. Explain why that was blatant nepotism.

Someone is defensive.
From the sound of everything Sean Synder is the head coach in waiting. Playing devil's advocate this is clearly nepotism because first of all the job is not open nor has KState interviewed anyone else for the position.
I am not a fan of the term head coach in waiting. I know UT made Will Muschamp this 8 years ago and the only reason he did not become head coach was because Meyer left Florida.

I'm not defensive, your defensive.

You just took this talking point from rumor mills like goEMAW.com, which is a known troll board. Frankly your kind disgusts me and I am sick of you subtly insulting our program with insinuations that we are not going to destroy Texas on the football field this Saturday. Good day and go Cats!

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2017, 05:38:02 PM »
Do you remember in the late 90's when Jim Harrick left Rhode Island to coach basketball at UGA. Anyway at URI his son was an assistant coach but was not allowed to hire him at UGA because of nepotism Laws in their state.
My question is does Kansas have anykind of nepotism laws on the books. From the sound of everything I am hearing what is going on at K State is blatant nepotism.

LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder hired a special teams coordinator who now leads one of the consistently best special teams units in the country. Explain why that was blatant nepotism.

Someone is defensive.
From the sound of everything Sean Synder is the head coach in waiting. Playing devil's advocate this is clearly nepotism because first of all the job is not open nor has KState interviewed anyone else for the position.
I am not a fan of the term head coach in waiting. I know UT made Will Muschamp this 8 years ago and the only reason he did not become head coach was because Meyer left Florida.

You just took this talking point from rumor mills like goEMAW.com, which is a known troll board. Frankly your kind disgusts me and I am sick of you subtly insulting our program with insinuations that we are not going to destroy Texas on the football field this Saturday. Good day and go Cats!

Seemed like a legit question to me, particularly given the (apparently) general dislike of the idea of SS taking over - and sure some people are ok with it but they are clearly in the minority here, on BotC, and pretty much in any water cooler chat I've heard or engaged in.

Unusually acidic reaction to someone that, as you say, is speaking to a talking point from this board.  Most would simply call that a curious observer engaging and expressing some interest in our situation. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2017, 06:56:24 PM »
really showing their support for coach

1,887 tickets available from $3

Clickbate

They advertise low price tickets to get you to go to their website. Once you are on their website you buy the 35 dollar ticket they marked up.
Funny thing is most games on ESPN have tickets with higher prices than what the website is offering.
Sales 101.
what you took as a jab i was actually saying 1887 left on stub hub (and the other sites look similar) is flattering, should be a good crowd for 100k stadium

Offline CaliforniaLonghorn

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2017, 09:43:27 PM »

LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder hired a special teams coordinator who now leads one of the consistently best special teams units in the country. Explain why that was blatant nepotism.

Someone is defensive.

There are more important issues at play here in the BIG XII.
The long term stability of this conference is in jeopardy as we all know and because of the lack of results out of Ames and Lawrence the BIG XII cannot afford K State to begin to deteriorate after Coach Synder.
I do not know the direction of K State after Synder or if Synder even plans on leaving in the future.
From what I hear not just on here but elsewhere Bill Synder is attempting to have his son follow him.
UT, if the Big XII falls apart, can go elsewhere but can K State.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2017, 11:58:59 PM »
Is this Longhorn dude a sock??

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2017, 08:28:49 AM »
does this guy actually think the big conferences would take Texas before K-State?  we're getting trolled aren't we  :frown:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
I don't know, I like his fresh take