Author Topic: If this is Bill Synder's last KSU coach team to come into Austin  (Read 12061 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: If this is Bill Synder's last KSU coach team to come into Austin
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »
I've changed my mind. I'm liking Leavitt more and more each day.

I have not changed my mind that Sean Snyder has no business succeeding his father as HC of KSU. He's done nothing to add to his resume that would qualify him for a HC position. If he (and his Dad) wanted it that bad, he/they should have sent him somewhere to get that requisite experience. Not being named OC or DC at KSU at some point, to me, speaks volumes about Sean's HC potential and it ain't good.

This is ridiculous because you know full well that at Kansas State, under LHC Bill Snyder, the special teams coordinator is just as important as the offensive and defensive coordinators.

I'm out of the business of convincing people that Sean should be the guy, but the contrived reasons people don't want him are hilarious. Dabo Swinney was good enough for Clemson, Lincoln Riley was good enough for OU, NFL teams are hiring coaches that were in elementary school when Sean was a college assistant, but we can't take a chance on a guy who was closest to what was built here? That logic doesn't make sense at all.

My reason was for not wanting him was that I umpired about 4 or 5 baseball games where he was coaching and his team was not that good and disorganized. Also he had little man syndrome and felt the need for a big showy argument about once a week. One of the most insecure people I've ever been around. Maybe that's unfair, maybe I'm mistaken, but that's how I saw him act.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2017, 11:47:21 AM »
Many (all?) head coaches are paranoid, insecure people. Even really good ones.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2017, 11:48:17 AM »
I've changed my mind. I'm liking Leavitt more and more each day.

I have not changed my mind that Sean Snyder has no business succeeding his father as HC of KSU. He's done nothing to add to his resume that would qualify him for a HC position. If he (and his Dad) wanted it that bad, he/they should have sent him somewhere to get that requisite experience. Not being named OC or DC at KSU at some point, to me, speaks volumes about Sean's HC potential and it ain't good.

This is ridiculous because you know full well that at Kansas State, under LHC Bill Snyder, the special teams coordinator is just as important as the offensive and defensive coordinators.

I'm out of the business of convincing people that Sean should be the guy, but the contrived reasons people don't want him are hilarious. Dabo Swinney was good enough for Clemson, Lincoln Riley was good enough for OU, NFL teams are hiring coaches that were in elementary school when Sean was a college assistant, but we can't take a chance on a guy who was closest to what was built here? That logic doesn't make sense at all.
mir is right, not only that but sean has had the assistant head coach title since 2011

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2017, 11:59:44 AM »
without a LHC Bill Snyder to fall back on this time, it makes rolling the dice a lot risker.  there's absolutely nothing wrong with being risk averse in our situation.

nothing is a sure thing but i'd be less concerned if we had more of a known commodity taking over and with our program and facilities we should expect to attract one.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »
If Sean is hired, which is worse:

1. He does "ok" (5-6ish wins each year, no real good years) and stays too long before eventually let go.
2. Faceplants and gets fired quickly (after 3 years)

In the first scenario, wins are better than losses, you had a buffer between legendary coach and hopefully a good on after. But average to below average years leads to apathetic fanbases. Memories of KSU being a consistent winner is more forgotten with recruits, etc.

Scenario 2 lets you rip the bandaid off and move on. Memories of winning are more fresh. Get the next "hopefully good" coach sooner.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CaliforniaLonghorn

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2017, 12:29:18 PM »
Do you remember in the late 90's when Jim Harrick left Rhode Island to coach basketball at UGA. Anyway at URI his son was an assistant coach but was not allowed to hire him at UGA because of nepotism Laws in their state.
My question is does Kansas have anykind of nepotism laws on the books. From the sound of everything I am hearing what is going on at K State is blatant nepotism.

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »
Guys, this is a thread to be depressed about the game this weekend, not to be depressed about our future coach.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »
Do you remember in the late 90's when Jim Harrick left Rhode Island to coach basketball at UGA. Anyway at URI his son was an assistant coach but was not allowed to hire him at UGA because of nepotism Laws in their state.
My question is does Kansas have anykind of nepotism laws on the books. From the sound of everything I am hearing what is going on at K State is blatant nepotism.

LHC Bill Snyder hired a special teams coordinator who now leads one of the consistently best special teams units in the country. Explain why that was blatant nepotism.

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »

LHC LHC Bill Snyder hired a special teams coordinator who now leads one of the consistently best special teams units in the country. Explain why that was blatant nepotism.

Someone is defensive.
From the sound of everything Sean Synder is the head coach in waiting. Playing devil's advocate this is clearly nepotism because first of all the job is not open nor has KState interviewed anyone else for the position.
I am not a fan of the term head coach in waiting. I know UT made Will Muschamp this 8 years ago and the only reason he did not become head coach was because Meyer left Florida.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »

1. He does "ok" (5-6ish wins each year, no real good years) and stays too long before eventually let go.

In the first scenario, wins are better than losses, you had a buffer between legendary coach and hopefully a good on after. But average to below average years leads to apathetic fanbases. Memories of KSU being a consistent winner is more forgotten with recruits, etc.

Scenario 2 lets you rip the bandaid off and move on. Memories of winning are more fresh. Get the next "hopefully good" coach sooner.

I think the program is healthy enough to be able to withstand either of these. I don't think he would be able to withstand too many consecutive 5 to 7 win seasons though. I don't think his leash would be that much longer than RP's was. Him getting the job wouldn't be universally accepted therefore there would always be a vocal block of people who wouldn't think he's good enough, that would build.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
you know we've fallen far when fans from UT can come here and check us

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2017, 01:15:40 PM »

LHC LHC Bill Snyder hired a special teams coordinator who now leads one of the consistently best special teams units in the country. Explain why that was blatant nepotism.

Someone is defensive.
From the sound of everything Sean Synder is the head coach in waiting. Playing devil's advocate this is clearly nepotism because first of all the job is not open nor has KState interviewed anyone else for the position.
I am not a fan of the term head coach in waiting. I know UT made Will Muschamp this 8 years ago and the only reason he did not become head coach was because Meyer left Florida.

Was it nepotism when Bob Stoops did the same thing with Lincoln Riley?

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2017, 01:16:03 PM »
Research how many Special Team Coaches became head coaches.
You will not find many people who went straight from coaching Special teams to head coach.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2017, 01:17:40 PM »
You will not find many people who went straight from coaching Special teams to head coach.

I think most K-State fans understand the uniqueness of the situation. Its an odd mix; the most logical person on staff to replace Snyder would be Dimel, current OC with head coaching experience at Wyoming and Houston.

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2017, 01:19:22 PM »
Guys, this is a thread to be depressed about the game this weekend, not to be depressed about our future coach.

I'm not depressed about either. I fully expect that Cats to win and win decisively this weekend but will be supremely pissed if I witness another player and coaching performance like I've seen over the last two games.

If that happens, I'll be once again calling for this to be HCBS Snyder's last season and that his son doesn't need to come anywhere near the next team.

When we win, I'll be very happy but I still think a 77-year old man needs to retire, particularly one with health concerns like his. His wife has put up with enough from him (that is not a criticism of him or his work ethic. Just saying) over the years, stood by him throughout and I think he should step back and in some respects, think of her and his family as opposed to KSU and football. We can live without him. His family probably doesn't want to think about that same prospect.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »
Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2017, 01:23:09 PM »

I think most K-State fans understand the uniqueness of the situation. Its an odd mix; the most logical person on staff to replace Snyder would be Dimel, current OC with head coaching experience at Wyoming and Houston.

For the future of the Big XII I think K State should take a serious look at Major Applewhite or if you think I am being biased then SMU's coach Chad Morris.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:27:57 PM by CaliforniaLonghorn »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2017, 01:27:27 PM »

I'm not depressed about either. I fully expect that Cats to win and win decisively this weekend but will be supremely pissed if I witness another player and coaching performance like I've seen over the last two games.

If that happens, I'll be once again calling for this to be HCBS Snyder's last season and that his son doesn't need to come anywhere near the next team.

When we win, I'll be very happy but I still think a 77-year old man needs to retire, particularly one with health concerns like his. His wife has put up with enough from him (that is not a criticism of him or his work ethic. Just saying) over the years, stood by him throughout and I think he should step back and in some respects, think of her and his family as opposed to KSU and football. We can live without him. His family probably doesn't want to think about that same prospect.

:jerk:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »
all you pi'ers are assholes. let people do what they want.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2017, 02:28:01 PM »
all you pi'ers are assholes. let people do what they want.

what if people want to pi? 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2017, 02:30:20 PM »

LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder hired a special teams coordinator who now leads one of the consistently best special teams units in the country. Explain why that was blatant nepotism.

Someone is defensive.

Was it nepotism when Bob Stoops did the same thing with Lincoln Riley?

The story out of Norman is that Bob Stoops retired because of health and family issues.
The story out of Knoxville is that Stoops was pushed out and will be coaching the Vols next year.

The narrative that Stoops groomed Riley to be the next coach may not be true.
I have a feeling because of the timing of the incident that Stoops was forced out.
If Stoops was going to retire on his own it would have been between signing day and spring practice not when OU was gearing up for this season.
According to Sooner fans their narrative is correct so you never know

From what I heard the NCAA started becoming interested in OU
Stoops and OU have had issues with the NCAA during his tenure and not to create a Barry Switzer like situation OU parted ways with Stoops. OU learned their lesson in the 80's about messing with the NCAA.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:44:50 PM by CaliforniaLonghorn »

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2017, 03:31:41 PM »

I think the program is healthy enough to be able to withstand either of these. I don't think he would be able to withstand too many consecutive 5 to 7 win seasons though. I don't think his leash would be that much longer than RP's was. Him getting the job wouldn't be universally accepted therefore there would always be a vocal block of people who wouldn't think he's good enough, that would build.
You're probably right. Almost as much as anything, I want the next guy to be good so that the stigma of "only Snyder has won there" can be shook.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »
really showing their support for coach

1,887 tickets available from $3

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2017, 05:01:32 PM »
really showing their support for coach

1,887 tickets available from $3

Clickbate

They advertise low price tickets to get you to go to their website. Once you are on their website you buy the 35 dollar ticket they marked up.
Funny thing is most games on ESPN have tickets with higher prices than what the website is offering.
Sales 101.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »
sounds like Stoops will be available to come home to MHK next year then!   :excited: