Author Topic: big 12 north QBs  (Read 2648 times)

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
big 12 north QBs
« on: April 25, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »
not last baby!

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/04/12/10/Ranking-the-Big-12-North-Quarterbacks/landing.html?blockID=214573&feedID=3742

1) Blaine Gabbert, Missouri:  Earned second-team All-Big 12 honors last year in his first year as starter, when he was only a sophomore.

2) Austen Arnaud, Iowa State:  Hometown product Arnaud had solid first year as Cyclones’ starter. His 561 rushing yards were also pretty impressive.

3) Zac Lee, Nebraska:   Double-threat Lee returns for senior year after helping lead NU back to national prominence in 2009.

4) Tyler Hansen or Cody Hawkins,Colorado:   This race likely won’t be determined until late in fall practice. awkins started first five in 2009 before Hansen replaced him.

5) Carson Coffman or Sammuel Lamur, Kansas State:  Coffman has edge in experience to replace Grant Gregory but former JUCO star Lamur is an interesting possibility.

6) Cale Pick or Quinn Mecham,Kansas: Todd Reesing’s departure leaves big shoes to fill. Pick has some
experience but JUCO transfer Mecham could make strong push.

It also had this to say about KSU

KANSAS STATE

LHC Bill Snyder’s team, which finished 6-6 last fall, headed to spring drills seeking a new starter under center. Grant Gregory is gone but there are a few candidates to replace him. Senior-to-be Carson Coffman has the edge experience wise. He played in six games last year, threw for 860 yards with 2 TDs and 4 INTs. He also knows the system and could likely make the leap from backup to starter without much fanfare.

Another option could be junior-to-be Collin Klein. As a sophomore, Klein played in 12 games but did so at either special teams or wide receiver. In fact, the 6-5 Klein made a pair of starts at wideout, but given how thin KSU is under center, he figures to again get a look this spring.

Sammuel Lamur is a redshirt junior who put up nice numbers in junior college as a freshman and sophomore. His brother Emmuanuel is also a Wildcat but lines up on the other side of the ball as a defensive back. K-State also added two freshmen QBs in Billy Cosh (6-2, 196) from Maryland who enrolled early and is going through spring practice along with fellow freshman Ty Zimmerman (6-2, 200) from nearby Junction City.

Running back Daniel Thomas, the 2009 Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year, is the top returning receiver (257 yards). K-State will miss top two pass catchers Brandon Banks and Attrail Snipes. Senior-to-be Lamark Brown (215 yards, 2 TDs) is one who could step up along with sophomore-to-be Klein (38 yards, 1 TD).

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: big 12 north QBs
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »
didn't lamark quit :dunno:

Offline westcoast_emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »
yeah I saw Lamark at Chipotle after the spring game. Looked like he was still enjoying Manhattan with a couple cheerleaders! Told him he got changed fast after the game. He looked at me  :confused: Told him I was just kidding... Then he bolted out of there when Slam, Emanual and a couple of other players came in  :lol: All the players were talking about him when they were in line they were all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when they saw him with the cheerleaders.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 12:32:02 AM »
Coffman has edge in experience to replace Grant Gregory but former JUCO star Lamur is an interesting possibility.[/b]

He was a rough ridin' star at what?  Sitting the bench?   :confused:

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 07:30:35 AM »
Coffman has edge in experience to replace Grant Gregory but former JUCO star Lamur is an interesting possibility.[/b]

He was a fracking star at what?  Sitting the bench?   :confused:

Well, that and dropping wide open passes, then bitching how nobody can get the ball to him

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 09:06:25 AM »
its coffman.
EMAW

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Thanks for reminding me how far behind most of the conference we are at QB.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 10:37:59 AM »
5) Carson Coffman or Sammuel Lamur, Kansas State:  Coffman has edge in experience to replace Grant Gregory but former JUCO star Lamur is an interesting possibility.

Lamur didn't even start @ his JUCO... :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 10:47:36 AM »

He was a fracking star at what?  Sitting the bench?   :confused:

Well, that and dropping wide open passes, then bitching how nobody can get the ball to him

Lamur and Lamark are 2 different people, racist.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »
not last baby!

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/04/12/10/Ranking-the-Big-12-North-Quarterbacks/landing.html?blockID=214573&feedID=3742

Sammuel Lamur is a redshirt junior who put up nice numbers in junior college as a freshman and sophomore
. His brother Emmuanuel is also a Wildcat but lines up on the other side of the ball as a defensive back. K-State also added two freshmen QBs in Billy Cosh (6-2, 196) from Maryland who enrolled early and is going through spring practice along with fellow freshman Ty Zimmerman (6-2, 200) from nearby Junction City.

wut?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 05:32:54 PM »
not last baby!

1) Blaine Gabbert, Missouri:  Earned second-team All-Big 12 honors last year in his first year as starter, when he was only a sophomore.

2) Austen Arnaud, Iowa State:  Hometown product Arnaud had solid first year as Cyclones’ starter. His 561 rushing yards were also pretty impressive.

3) Zac Lee, Nebraska:   Double-threat Lee returns for senior year after helping lead NU back to national prominence in 2009.

4) Tyler Hansen or Cody Hawkins,Colorado:   This race likely won’t be determined until late in fall practice. awkins started first five in 2009 before Hansen replaced him.

6) Cale Pick or Quinn Mecham,Kansas: Todd Reesing’s departure leaves big shoes to fill. Pick has some
experience but JUCO transfer Mecham could make strong push.

It also had this to say about KSU

KANSAS STATE

LHC Bill Snyder’s team, which finished 6-6 last fall, headed to spring drills seeking a new starter under center. Grant Gregory is gone but there are a few candidates to replace him. Senior-to-be Carson Coffman has the edge experience wise. He played in six games last year, threw for 860 yards with 2 TDs and 4 INTs. He also knows the system and could likely make the leap from backup to starter without much fanfare.

Another option could be junior-to-be Collin Klein. As a sophomore, Klein played in 12 games but did so at either special teams or wide receiver. In fact, the 6-5 Klein made a pair of starts at wideout, but given how thin KSU is under center, he figures to again get a look this spring.

Sammuel Lamur is a redshirt junior who put up nice numbers in junior college as a freshman and sophomore. His brother Emmuanuel is also a Wildcat but lines up on the other side of the ball as a defensive back. K-State also added two freshmen QBs in Billy Cosh (6-2, 196) from Maryland who enrolled early and is going through spring practice along with fellow freshman Ty Zimmerman (6-2, 200) from nearby Junction City.

Running back Daniel Thomas, the 2009 Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year, is the top returning receiver (257 yards). K-State will miss top two pass catchers Brandon Banks and Attrail Snipes. Senior-to-be Lamark Brown (215 yards, 2 TDs) is one who could step up along with sophomore-to-be Klein (38 yards, 1 TD).

This is a joke.  Whoever wrote that article should be ashamed.

Plus Zack Lee as the #3 QB =  :lol: :lol:
I guess they had to do it, because every other situation contains an "or" which by itself is laughable

I'm still thinking Klein is trotting out there against UCLA, and I think he'll look good handing off 40 times that game.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 09:15:46 AM »

I'm still thinking Klein is trotting out there against UCLA, and I think he'll look good handing off 40 times that game.

Along this same line of thinking, did any one hear KK (best in the biz) give his thoughts on the spring game?  To summarize, he believes Coffman's performance was smoke screen. a typical "hide the CK1 package" if you will.  He reasoned that OB let Coffman call his own plays (many more pass plays than a typical OB spring game) and held out a not really injured CK1 to keep UCLA in the dark on what we really have.

I will be drinking heavily and heartily from this Kool Aid for the entire summer, right up until I hear Steve Physioc say "...and here comes the Wildcat offense on to field, led by senior QB Carson Coffman..."  :barf:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »

Along this same line of thinking, did any one hear KK (best in the biz) give his thoughts on the spring game?  To summarize, he believes Coffman's performance was smoke screen. a typical "hide the CK1 package" if you will.  He reasoned that OB let Coffman call his own plays (many more pass plays than a typical OB spring game) and held out a not really injured CK1 to keep UCLA in the dark on what we really have.

I will be drinking heavily and heartily from this Kool Aid for the entire summer, right up until I hear Steve Physioc say "...and here comes the Wildcat offense on to field, led by senior QB Carson Coffman..."  :barf:

Yeah, I don't see us throwing the ball 50+ times a game this year.  Especially against all of the Big 12 teams that have defenses specifically designed to counter the spread.  Could definitely see cK1 out the, due more to his running ability than anything.