Author Topic: spring game  (Read 12547 times)

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
Re: spring game
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 11:12:14 AM »
hasnt carson looked decent in previoius years spring games?????
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline Lamesauce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 11:33:22 AM »
I don't recall Coffman ever getting the slightest pressure last night. He looked very comfortable in the pocket and had plenty of time to throw-and he threw strikes. Looked very good. If the O-line can provide him with that much time this season, we'll be okay. Don't recall any blitzes being thrown at him either. Bottom line-you can't take anything away from the spring game. How well Coffman does this season depends on how he handles pressure and blitzes, neither of which he had to do last night.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »
ew2x4 and PP:  wabash wasn't really surprised that Lamur sucks.

:lol: :lol: You guys just got slammured.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 11:44:21 AM »
Carson always looks decent in Spring games when Snyder won't blitz or pass rush.

Unfortunately for Carson, when we play real games against real D-1 defenses that blitz and pass rush and do the things that real D-1 defenses do, it's when we run into problems.

And when I say problems, I mean lose football games to horrible football teams and look like an idiot doing it.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:50:32 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »
Unfortunately for Carson, when we play real games against real D-1 defenses that blitz and pass rush and do the things that real D-1 defenses do, it's when we run into problems.

Like the experts on Deep Purple said, most of Carson's problems come "post-snap".

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »

Like the experts on Deep Purple said, most of Carson's problems come "post-snap".

Ran into Wal-Mart to get one item the other day thinking I could get in and out real quick. Ended up getting stuck behind Carson at self-checkout for like five minutes while he tried to find the bar code on his potato salad.

Granted, Lamur would get lost in the produce section and never find his way anywhere close to potato salad, but this is supposed to be our SMART qb right?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »
The coaches "love what they have".  Quarterbacking, self checkout skills and otherwise.

Not worried.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »
Im really impressed by William Powell, he showed great vision and good cut back ability.

The Recievers looked impressive to. Brodrick Smith is the go-to-guy. Harper will be a weapon. And Aubrey Quarles looked like a 4 Star Juco WR. granted yes they played against our defense, but they looked good running their routes. Quarles had a sick catch in the endzone. Tramaine Thompson looked nice.

QUARTERBACK- yes i'll admit, I fell for the "hype" about lamur. He had 2-4 balls batted down at the line. Threw i think Two interceptions. And he didnt scramble and show his running ability. Klein was hurt so I still dont know. coffman looked accurate and seemed to have a zip on the ball.
Offensive Line- 4 out 5 startes back, they run blocked very well. And the Pass protection was solid. ( even tho it was our defense).

So basically everything i typed seems to make no difference because it was against our defense......... :blank:
EMAW

Offline Lamesauce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 02:36:52 PM »
Not sure why people were impressed by William Powell. Thought Hubert looked much better running against our #1 defense. Powell's kick returns were brutal to watch too.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:28 PM »
Freeman was there.  Did not see this mentioned.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 02:38:38 PM »
ya he was down talkin to frank....wonder what their convo consisted of....
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 02:40:37 PM »
ya he was down talkin to frank....wonder what their convo consisted of....

Not sure, but Franks was making the "vagina" sign on his leg during most of the convo.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 03:01:28 PM »
I don't think you can underestimate what actually having 2 legitimate receivers can do for the passing game.  Last year we had zero. 

Seriously, Briscoe made sparkles look amazing even though sparkles threw a worse ball than Coffman. 

That being said, you cannot win the North with Coffman as your QB.  You can't win the north with Lamur as your QB either.  But at least Coffman can throw a ball in neighborhood that Brod or Quarles or even TT can go get and make a move on someone.  Lamur will just get it knocked down/picked.

I guess my point is shazbot! you OB for not getting a good QB cruit. 

My other point is can someone make me a pillow case with Daniel's face on it?  Second time I have asked this.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 03:07:45 PM »
I don't think you can underestimate what actually having 2 legitimate receivers can do for the passing game.  Last year we had zero. 

Seriously, Briscoe made sparkles look amazing even though sparkles threw a worse ball than Coffman. 

That being said, you cannot win the North with Coffman as your QB.  You can't win the north with Lamur as your QB either.  But at least Coffman can throw a ball in neighborhood that Brod or Quarles or even TT can go get and make a move on someone.  Lamur will just get it knocked down/picked.

I guess my point is shazbot! you OB for not getting a good QB cruit. 

My other point is can someone make me a pillow case with Daniel's face on it?  Second time I have asked this.

coffman was actually hitting moving targets for the most part. it was somewhat impressive. i hate his throwing motion but he's better than gregory was and gregory was one game and about ten batted passes away from winning the north last year.

ed note-please don't mistake this as me saying that coffman is good or that kstate is going to win the north.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 03:30:10 PM »
Reesing was also mobile and for the most part made good decisions.  Also, quicker release.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 03:33:28 PM »
KSU cannot win the north with the defense I saw last night.

on a side note: I am willing to bet 100s of dollars KSU has the smallest (avg) team in a BCS conference.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »

on a side note: I am willing to bet 100s of dollars KSU has the smallest (avg) team in a BCS conference.

brandon harold!!!  :ksu:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »

Didn't you read the "size of our offense" thread? jfc, tard.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 03:40:04 PM »

I didn't realize the offense was the whole team, dumbass.  We have a ton of midgets out there that pull the avg waaay down.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »

ku

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 04:14:58 PM »

Which defense, the second stingers who gave up over 700 yards or the starters who gave up just over 100?

stunz

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »
so what happens with slamur?  can he pretend to be lamark?

can he play safety?  shame to waste those measurables playing wr.  look at all the safeties that were taken in the draft!

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »

I didn't realize the offense was the whole team, dumbass.  We have a ton of midgets out there that pull the avg waaay down.

WTF are you talking about? Our offense is huge, and our defense is probable average or a little under average. I can't really think of anyone on our defense that is really undersized besides Hrebec.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2010, 04:20:11 PM »
so what happens with slamur?  can he pretend to be lamark?

can he play safety?  shame to waste those measurables playing wr.  look at all the safeties that were taken in the draft!

I always said I though he would make a nice WR.  Maybe he's not as fast as I expected?  Seems like he could learn enough of the playbook to at least see the field in certain circumstances at WR.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »

WTF are you talking about? Our offense is huge, and our defense is probable average or a little under average. I can't really think of anyone on our defense that is really undersized besides Hrebec.

That ginger is listed at 5'11", 250 lbs.  Not what I would call undersized.  Maybe a couple inches short, but not undersized.