Author Topic: Stan Weber Recap (810 Border Patrol)  (Read 48491 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Stan Weber Recap (810 Border Patrol)
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »
Sounds like Stan is 'sketti brained too.

Offline NeverII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2017, 03:16:06 PM »
Did Stan not take into account Delton getting knocked out of both games the past two weeks?

Acted like nothing happened. Didn't say the word injury or concussion  :blindfold:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2017, 08:51:29 AM »
- Normally we would talk about game, but what about The Report? First of all, I haven't confirmed any of this. But, assuming true, I love Jim Leavitt. I have stayed in touch with. He's a great, modern coach. Did awesome at Colorado, and is really having a good year on the defensive side at Oregon this year despite Oregon's struggles otherwise.

- Stan: Who knows who was in charge and may have done this, but I think it may have been an insurance policy not knowing how Coach Snyder would handle the cancer. So, by buying the insurance, they did nothing but cover themselves without knowing the future of Bill. I believe when news broke about coach, they may have reached out to make sure Jim was ready to slide in.....and if Bill's ok, it only cost them $3MM to cover themselves.

- About Snyder saying say that about Sean? No surprise. He's said that publicly to support his son. As far as not agreeing with the plan, I could see Snyder saying "we don't need no HCIW around here."

- Does this affect Coach's decision to retire or not? I think it could. I really don't think he's decided, but I do think this will go into the evaluation. Yes, I do think there's a chance (but, he didn't say how or which way)

- What do you think will happen? I don't know. We have new AD. I don't know how involved Meyers was involved in any of this. But, this does feel like 2004.

- I thought going into this year, that if K-State played well this year and had a good year, no reason why he wouldn't come back. I thought going into the year that if they didn't, Snyder would internalize, blame himself, and step away.

- For example, listen to post game. He's extremely frustrated. He's putting all blame on himself. He says it's his fault.....for example he mentions we have to improve tackling.....and he has nothing to do with tackling in practice. So, probably depends on how year finishes.

- Key to Saturday? Have to get TO's. Only chance. But, against WVU, still didn't take advantage of. But, K-State seems to play OSU close....and OSU hasn't been world beaters at home this year.

- Have to convert on 3rd down. Yards per game (play?) are the same as last year......but biggest difference is 3rd down conversion rate.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2017, 09:04:42 AM »
3rd down coversions: 2016 45.4% 2017 31.6%

Good point.

Also, probably related, is points per drive inside the 40.

Redzone scoring relates.

Last year we scored 92% of the time in the RZ, 69% of RZ scoreds were TDs.
This we score 82% of the time in the RZ, 57% are TDs.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2017, 09:36:03 AM »

I wish there was a stat showing 2016vs2017 3rd and shorts vs 3rd and longs.. I feel the majority of the year we've been looking at 3rd and 5+ yards and that's not what this offense has been built for

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2017, 11:16:35 AM »
Why do I not know what “The Report” is?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »

I wish there was a stat showing 2016vs2017 3rd and shorts vs 3rd and longs.. I feel the majority of the year we've been looking at 3rd and 5+ yards and that's not what this offense has been built for

That is very true, and lot of that is our dumbass play calling.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2017, 11:34:45 AM »
i didn't listen but based on those notes stan was a little more open than i figured he would be.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2017, 11:36:01 AM »
- Best thing you had to eat yesterday? Mashed Potatoes and gravy

- Nate: Start Bball....tough one last night. Familiar finish. Give me your thoughts. Stan: Crazy game. 15 3-pt. makes. Scored 90 and lost. First time since 1988. Could not get a defensive stop at all. The kids that are now juniors, couldn't make play down stretch. Winning close games is very important to programs like K-State.....and haven't been able to get this done last couple years.

- Bottom line, could take some positives and negatives from game. But, it's a loss, nobody will remember how it went down.

- Nate: I agree, K-State didn't get a favorable whistle. But, K-State also took so many threes, so not going to get as many whistles. Stan: I agree. It's not the lack of fouls on ASU. Can't say ASU should of been called for more fouls. But, K-State is a good defensive team and you just don't know what is a foul and what isn't sometimes. You just don't know what is allowed and what isn't. End of the day, probably makes a difference, but K-State didn't make plays, Stokes didn't hit shot, down stretch.

- After game, I go have thanksgiving meal with all these guys.....they are down. They are sick. It was not a fun night.

- Tell me about football. What are you looking forward to most? Excited about some traditional football. Won't be a game in the 50's. Good defense, ST's, and tough, old school offense. ISU this year = classic example of ISU executing K-State way of playing football better than K-State.

- But, ISU has trouble with K-State. KSU nine in a row. Sort of like the years when K-State and Nebraska were pretty even, but never could beat NU. Until ISU beats K-State, they'll have doubt.

- If K-State loses four in a row at home, will be hard to believe.

- Stan then goes into long rant (I guess to the naysayers) about how great LHC Bill Snyder is and how he thinks he's going to coach for a few more years......was an odd ending.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
-What impressed you most about win? Had to fight through adversity. Everyone told you that K-State was going to win, vs. 6-6 team, without QB, against a team that can't stop run, etc. UCLA is athletic, came out and brought it, and was hard to deal with. Down 17-7. They had a coach with nothing to lose, going for it on 4th, fake punts, etc. Then, kept grinding, turned it around, and broke their will to notch their largest margin of bowl victory against a P5 opponent.

-QB situation.....what do you think heading into 2018? Delton has ton of confidence. He believes he's the guy. But, Thompson is just so promising and just a frosh. This is hard to say, but I think they'll be a one-two punch. I think they'll use the two QB approach to lesson the wear and tear on the position. They are both competitive, but team guys. They'll push each other for sure.

-Any idea how long before we know about Snyder, because if nothing else he has to name OC, etc.? He could very well have everything lined up. Position coaches and all......and just not have told anyone. He's just quiet like that. I think, just like running down the play clock, he'll run it all the way down until someone throws the flag (ADGT) and demands an answer. Also, 2nd signing period coming up comes into play. With all that said, I think it'll be sometime in January. (he sounded like he really didn't have a clue one way or the other)

-Big 12 BB starts tonight. Thoughts about tonight? Interesting game. You have to go try and find road games somewhere. But, more pressure on ISU. You just have to hold serve at home. Will be interesting to see if K-State can sneak in quietly, cold Friday night, ISU bowl game in morning, and steal a win. K-State has to have 3-4 of the big four play well.....not good enough to have more than one of their four main guys have off game.

-But, if you don't win at ISU, then you come home against WVU, same time as OU football game, with frigid temps and students gone. That's not setting up well for the home team either.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2017, 12:41:57 PM »
pretty funny a home game against a top 10 team has questionable attendance because of an OU football game, but i'd rather watch the football game also so, maybe not that funny

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2017, 01:16:50 PM »
I will be watching the football game.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »
what a difference a few years make. it's just 2017 and we're now all really hoping to "sneak" a win from one of if not the worst team in the conference and making up excuses for why nobody will be at the big12 home opener against a top 10 team coached by former kstate coach bob huggins.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2017, 01:53:49 PM »
#lowerthestandard

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
what a difference a few years make. it's just 2017 and we're now all really hoping to "sneak" a win from one of if not the worst team in the conference and making up excuses for why nobody will be at the big12 home opener against a top 10 team coached by former kstate coach bob huggins.
I'm going to that game! My fourth row tickets cost $5.62 a pop. :-/

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2017, 04:04:03 PM »

Go sit in the vacant student section for a little bit with a giant BENNETTVILLE sign.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2017, 05:13:41 PM »
pretty funny a home game against a top 10 team has questionable attendance because of an OU football game, but i'd rather watch the football game also so, maybe not that funny

Realistic.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2017, 05:30:02 PM »

Go sit in the vacant student section for a little bit with a giant BENNETTVILLE sign.

That would be pretty funny.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2017, 12:33:36 PM »

Yesyesyes

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »
-Too much Dallas Cowboy/KC Chiefs talk to begin with (SSJ initiated).

-Too much time talking about Stan's nephew and HS football (Nate initiated). But, Stan's nephew is a starting DE for one of the Shawnee Mission teams - - legacy recruit?

-SSJ: Breakdown the QB situation. Stan: Defying all odds, these guys have not separated since Ertz went down. Injuries took care of some of it, but they really are neck and neck. But, they get along great and they are pulling in the same direction. Delton has really picked up his game, and Thompson has ton of confidence with two 4th quarter come-backs of 10 point deficits or more.

-I really think the players and coaches are indifferent about who's in there. The play calling will be very similar.

-How about Dalvin Warmack? Getting down to a player's last year, you seem to have a different focus. Dalvin has done that this past year. He got a new running back coach, so that re-shuffles the deck. Silmon is not playing bad, but Dalvin has different set of skills. Could be a breakout year, but also should be a great year for Barnes.

-What's game-plan for Saturday? It'll be walk before you run......basic and fundamentally sound. Then ramp it up as they go.

-Prediction for record? I expect an 8 win team (8-4).

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2018, 10:32:32 AM »
-How good is WVU? Good.....really good on offense. Lots of weapons. WR group brings lots of diversity. Five OL starters are back.

-Defensive side is question. Lots of transfers. Big time recruits that have transferred in. They're good, but I don't think dominant like an OU.

-What will game-plan be? Try to keep up offensively or ball control? K-State still sorting things out. So far, haven't shown run game to control clock and shorten the game.

-WVU has never scored more than 28 against K-State. Some of that is because of K-State's ball control, some has been just good K-State defensive performances.

-It's been hard to predict this series. K-State has been favored and lost.....WVU has been favored and lost. But, I think WVU is clicking too well on offense and wins 34-24.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2018, 10:33:32 AM »
thank you for your hard work blast

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »
Dang, Stanbot predicted a 10-point loss??
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2018, 02:06:58 PM »
No way the Cats keep it within 10. I see more of a Miss St type of outcome.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2018, 08:39:20 PM »
No way the Cats keep it within 10. I see more of a Miss St type of outcome.
WVU shouldn't be able to physically manhandle KSU the way MSU did.