Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980330 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30075 on: October 10, 2017, 07:27:58 AM »
Awesome
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30076 on: October 10, 2017, 09:03:16 AM »
Shut up and take my money

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30077 on: October 12, 2017, 01:17:28 PM »
I've changed my mind about BYU in the Big 12.

https://twitter.com/JasmineLWatkins/status/917548916803035138

Look at all of that swag, gotta have them in with us, too many herbs here

Just a reminder about this video (cougar is pretty dope in here as well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DQ80hBXfdE

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30078 on: October 12, 2017, 02:32:49 PM »
The mascot makes me think of Old Bill from Westworld.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30079 on: October 12, 2017, 03:02:06 PM »
Yard dog, why in the hell did you make us watch that? The cougar was in there for like 10 seconds.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30081 on: October 14, 2017, 12:44:12 PM »
Lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30082 on: October 21, 2017, 12:11:06 AM »
When this Pac 12/Big 12 thing happens, whatever it ends up being, I'm going to mush all the fat faces who mocked me two years ago. Oh yeah, the animal is back. I know the dude is hated but he's unquestionably powerful in the world of college administration.

http://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/washington-state-president-says-pac-12-network-struggles-causing-conference-fall-behind.html

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30083 on: October 21, 2017, 08:35:00 AM »
Slap in the face to KU's 2008 bball title in that article

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30085 on: October 22, 2017, 07:44:07 AM »
When this Pac 12/Big 12 thing happens, whatever it ends up being, I'm going to mush all the fat faces who mocked me two years ago. Oh yeah, the animal is back. I know the dude is hated but he's unquestionably powerful in the world of college administration.

http://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/washington-state-president-says-pac-12-network-struggles-causing-conference-fall-behind.html
The two conferences are not going to combine into a 22 team conference and I’ll bet you whatever you want on that

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30086 on: October 22, 2017, 08:03:06 AM »
Actually, a 20 team combined conference who work out very well.  They could play a round robin and we could too.  Then a very big conference championship game every season would guarantee a spot on the College Playoff Championship.  Also would be the strongest conference of the P4.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30087 on: October 22, 2017, 09:15:38 AM »

The two conferences are not going to combine into a 22 team conference and I’ll bet you whatever you want on that

Do you think I'm an idiot? There is literally no one on this planet that thinks that these conferences will combine to form a 22 team conference. Why would you even say that? I think there are three likely scenarios, not in
1. The Big 12 raids the Pac 12, leaving them to raid BYU and the Mountain West.
2. The two conferences go into a scheduling alliance.
3. They combine for a joint media deal.

If #2 or #3 happens I think they both happen. The status quo will hurt the Pac 12 more than the Big 12 as our issue is simply a perception issue and those are cyclical. The Pac 12 has a geographic issue, they'll never get a media deal as good as the other 4 power conferences as long as they are only in those two time zones. I think the Big 12 should get aggressive and raid them, but I'm sure Bowlsby will try to discourage the UPs from doing that, I don't know how his 6 years as Stanford AD will influence that.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30088 on: October 22, 2017, 04:06:13 PM »
I bet you $100 none of those 3 things happen.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30089 on: October 22, 2017, 07:31:42 PM »
I HOPE one or more of those 3 happens.  I like all those ideas.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30090 on: October 22, 2017, 08:21:48 PM »
I don't think you'll see an official scheduling agreement or 1 big contract.

However, I think the most likely thing next round is Fox sits down with the Big12, Pac12, & BigTen together and says "If we're your highest paying TV partner, we need some considerations & cross-conference cooperation.  We need to get common language across contracts to give us more flexibility in creating schedules with a bigger picture approach."

I think those things could include:
-Influence in cross conference non-con games & dates
-Ability to work to change non-con match-ups & dates 1-2 years out
-Change how weekend selections are drafted, including common language that gives Fox more flexibility in-season
-Influence on conference scheduling to spread out big games across conferences across weekends

This could include things like encouraging Nebraska & OU to play more often & give Fox first shot at it.  It may force the conferences to take a little less from ABC/ESPN or get creative in how games are flowed to ABC/ESPN to keep everyone happy while giving Fox the ability to effectively treat those three conferences as one big conference from a scheduling standpoint.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:47:15 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30091 on: October 22, 2017, 08:27:30 PM »
I think both conferences need each other and there are in fighting among the PAC 12.   I could see a couple of the PAC 12 schools left out, in the same way the Big 8 & SWC merged.  This could become an painless merger as both original conferences could then play each other in round robins and the top team of each division would play in the largest CCG in the national.  Talk about media bucks.  The CPF would work out great, due to the fact it would always be our conference champion and what ever gets picked from the other three conferences.  Our conference network would also be the most watched, due to it covering an area from eastern to pacific time zones.  Plus it would put a lot more eyes on network games that include the mid to western United States.

THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30092 on: October 22, 2017, 08:49:56 PM »
I think both conferences need each other and there are in fighting among the PAC 12.   I could see a couple of the PAC 12 schools left out, in the same way the Big 8 & SWC merged.  This could become an painless merger as both original conferences could then play each other in round robins and the top team of each division would play in the largest CCG in the national.  Talk about media bucks.  The CPF would work out great, due to the fact it would always be our conference champion and what ever gets picked from the other three conferences.  Our conference network would also be the most watched, due to it covering an area from eastern to pacific time zones.  Plus it would put a lot more eyes on network games that include the mid to western United States.

THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

It would not be the most watched conference tv network.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #30093 on: October 22, 2017, 09:21:06 PM »
PAC sucks FTR, no reason to hop on that sinking ship.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #30094 on: October 22, 2017, 09:53:51 PM »
I think anyone observing with a little bit of logic has been able to see for a while that a Big12 / Pac12 solution of some kind is likely
emaw

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30095 on: October 23, 2017, 01:35:47 AM »
It will happen out of necessity.

Offline Mike from Ft. Collins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30096 on: October 23, 2017, 08:57:48 AM »

THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

Any type of merger between the Pac-12 and Big 12 will consist of 2-6 Big 12 schools moving to the Pac-12.  No school will leave the Pac-12 to join the Big 12.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30097 on: October 23, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »

THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

Any type of merger between the Pac-12 and Big 12 will consist of 2-6 Big 12 schools moving to the Pac-12.  No school will leave the Pac-12 to join the Big 12.

lol, yes they will.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30098 on: October 23, 2017, 09:25:39 AM »
The Pac 12 definitely has more schools that have complained publicly, usually about money. At least ASU, AU, UCLA, Utah, Colorado, WSU. We've only had OU complain lately that I know of.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30099 on: October 23, 2017, 09:44:12 AM »
The Pac has one thing going for it that the Big12 doesn't, which concerns me some.  The schools in the Pac genuinely like playing each other.  I don't think anyone at USC would brag about "eternal scoreboard" to anyone at Cal if they left Cal for the Mountain West.  I don't think fans of UCLA look at games against Arizona State & complain they have to pay for that schedule filler & subsidize Arizona State's athletic department wit communist TV deals.  I think they respect each other, or at least don't care enough to despise each other.

I don't think there will be some monumental shift, but I don't think it's as simple as looking at the Pac the way we look at the Big12 & apply the same rules.  Their fans just don't care enough to start the groundswell that happened at A&M and Nebraska.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls