Author Topic: Spring practice source  (Read 10052 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Spring practice source
« on: April 11, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »
My friend knows the the old AD, Max Urick, so he was invited to visit practice this week. FWIW, my friend said out of all the QB's, Lamur looked the best and Klein looked the worst. He also confirmed our LB's are complete crap, which we pretty much already knew.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Spring practice source
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »
No suprise Klein is the worst. Couldn't even get to play with Coffman and the guy with a bum shoulder..

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 06:02:56 PM »
He also confirmed our LB's are complete crap, which we pretty much already knew.

Can we play a 4-0-7 this year? Too bad our secondary is crap too.

At least our d-line has a shot at being mediocre.

:lynchmob:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
I don't know guys, I was over reading the Wabash station and apparently we are going to be really good next year.

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
I don't know guys, I was over reading the Wabash station and apparently we are going to be really good next year.

At GoPo, they drink some much purple kool aid its not even funny. I bet their grinning from ear to ear everytime we get a 2 star commitment. Think  that will be the next diamond in the rough, and those only come around once every 4-6 years.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »

:facepalm:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 06:58:20 PM »
Collin Klein is getting the most reps with the first unit.  Lamur was getting the second most reps witht the 1's and the most with the 2's.  It looks like Sam is trying to get caught up and understand things more clearly.  DT looks as legit as ever and looks to be included into the offense in some new and dynamic ways.  Offensive line looks to be getting better and seems to have an attitude, this is helped by the seeming emergence of Andre McDonald (kid is enormous and can manhandle defenders but seems to struggle with hands and concentration).

Defense looks to be working with some new schemes this year and taking on more of Cosh's personality.  It looks like a variation of the 3-3-5 will be utilized at times and it looks like we may walk up into 4 man fronts and drop ends back into 3 man fronts to cause confusion (it looks as the Bumpas, Felder, and Terrel were working in both 2 and 3 points).  Emmanuel and Tysyn are still dinged and it looks like Ty Zimmerman has finally moved to safety and looked pretty decent.

This team can win between 6-9 games this year and should be pretty damn good offensively (btw Harper and Smith =  :love: :love:) and look for William Powell to do some things.

Offline econocat

• Fan
  • The father of Economics
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »
Sounds like a year of tearing our hair out losing 35-42 games  :bang:
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." — John Maynard Keynes

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 07:12:27 PM »
Lamur was getting the second most reps witht the 1's and the most with the 2's.  It looks like Sam is trying to get caught up and understand things more clearly.  

After sitting out an entire year he's now "trying to get caught up." This may be the dumbest [redacted] we have ever had play the position.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 07:14:52 PM »

Defense looks to be working with some new schemes this year and taking on more of Cosh's personality.  

What is Cosh's personality exactly?

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 07:16:22 PM »
Update: My friend also said DT looks better than ever and our D-Line is solid with some really good pass rushers.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »
and look for William Powell to do some things.

Does this mean Robinson will redshirt?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »
No doubt offense has a shot at being good. Experienced o-line and proven stud rb is always a good start. WR's are wild cards pretty much but there is talent there which is always good. Nothing new here, we find a QB and I think we're in the upper half of Big 12 offenses.

Defense just doesn't have the horses. We'll have to SLTH the hell out of the guys and get every ounce of effort and talent that is out there. That's probably why the coaches are planning on switching up defensive looks all game, that's usually what coaches do when they know they can't just line up and win individual matchups.

catzacker

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 07:38:40 PM »

Defense looks to be working with some new schemes this year and taking on more of Cosh's personality.  

What is Cosh's personality exactly?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 08:00:54 PM »
Cosh's Personality = Aggressive, passionate, on the verge of being out of control imo

DL - Looks much better, Harold looks unstoppable at times, guidry/boyd/kibble all look good on the interior

LB - Hrebec looks pretty good, Bumpas looks like he could play some snaps at olb/de, Terrel could possibly make some waves, and Jerrel Childs looks to be gaining some ground at lb (o coaches didn't seem too excited to lose him

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »
Cosh's Personality = Aggressive, passionate, on the verge of being out of control imo

DL - Looks much better, Harold looks unstoppable at times, guidry/boyd/kibble all look good on the interior

LB - Hrebec looks pretty good, Bumpas looks like he could play some snaps at olb/de, Terrel could possibly make some waves, and Jerrel Childs looks to be gaining some ground at lb (o coaches didn't seem too excited to lose him

Lick, if you don't watch it, you might just make me optimistic about next year.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 09:50:49 PM »
Also Dawson is legit, i really like what this guy brings to the program.  The guy has an intense personality and seems to be putting his stamp on the weights program rather quickly. 

Plus he talks about the similar characteristics that Mangino and Stoops shared, and how after working with Snyder knows where they picked up some of there traits.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
Also Dawson is legit, i really like what this guy brings to the program.  The guy has an intense personality and seems to be putting his stamp on the weights program rather quickly. 

Plus he talks about the similar characteristics that Mangino and Stoops shared, and how after working with Snyder knows where they picked up some of there traits.

Who is getting second snaps at RB behind DT?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 11:27:54 PM »
Seems like William Powell is the guy at this point.  He was getting more touches that hubert or flanders and was featured in the return game.  Robinson could figure into the mix come fall but Powell looks like he will earn some touches.  Also look for the staff to get Smith and Harper the ball in some creative ways.

Plus Joe Gordan looks phenomenal in his  :lynchmob: practice shirt. 

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 01:09:45 AM »
Sounds Unreal.

Thanks.  :lynchmob:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 06:52:21 AM »
So are we running some cool "Wildcat" offense?  Cause that would be awesome.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 07:57:19 AM »
LickNeckey is a great contributor to the site

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 08:00:04 AM »
I like what I am hearing about our new S&L guys . . . hopefully it will weed out as Fatty likes to say the guys who don't want to work hard.   

That could make a difference between no bowl and the Texas Bowl.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:29 AM »
Seems like William Powell is the guy at this point.  He was getting more touches that hubert or flanders and was featured in the return game.  Robinson could figure into the mix come fall but Powell looks like he will earn some touches.  Also look for the staff to get Smith and Harper the ball in some creative ways.

Plus Joe Gordan looks phenomenal in his  :lynchmob: practice shirt. 
I've already covered this.
EMAW

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »
And behind him its going to be John Hubert. ( most likely). According to DT.
EMAW