Author Topic: do we have a waters is a stud once in a while game thread?  (Read 9837 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: do we have a waters is a stud once in a while game thread?
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »
I like how people use the WVU game to argue that Waters should have played more in the OSU/BU games when all of his big plays involved guys who weren't available for OSU/BU.  I'm not saying he deserves no credit for those plays, I'm saying Curry Sexton and Kyle Klein trying to make those plays would be nightmarish.

WTF do you have against Curry Sexton.  The kid had the most receiving yards in the game.  By the way, he was a "walk on" true freshman last year.  He played well enought to have his red shirt pulled.  So again what the eff do you have against
Sexton; is because he's white and that's not cool on this board to like the way a he plays.  :facepalm:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2013, 12:26:49 PM »
I like how people use the WVU game to argue that Waters should have played more in the OSU/BU games when all of his big plays involved guys who weren't available for OSU/BU.  I'm not saying he deserves no credit for those plays, I'm saying Curry Sexton and Kyle Klein trying to make those plays would be nightmarish.

WTF do you have against Curry Sexton.  The kid had the most receiving yards in the game.  By the way, he was a "walk on" true freshman last year.  He played well enought to have his red shirt pulled.  So again what the eff do you have against
Sexton; is because he's white and that's not cool on this board to like the way a he plays.  :facepalm:
Katdaddy post

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2013, 12:27:21 PM »
Yeah, but they don't have to be 40yrd bombs.  I mean, Bill could set up some mid distance stuff and accomplish the same relief.

IMHO at some point he's got to complete a vertical throw, not just an intermediate route with a nice YAC.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »

Katdaddy post
Idiot response.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:02 PM »

I don't think he was trying to say Sexton (or Klein) were bad players, but neither are vertical threats in the passing game like Lockett and Thompson. Clearly those 2 are K-State's only true vertical threats this year, that doesn't make the players who aren't bad receivers. Sexton is clearly our 3rd best receiver, he just has a different role.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 12:31:43 PM »
I'm ok sticking waters in on every 3rd and 10+.  If it's an obvious passing down, i don't have an issue putting in the better passer (if he is the better passer, which i think he is).

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ManBearTurkey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 12:36:23 PM »
I don't get giving Waters every third and long opportunity in the 2nd even though Sams was perfect passing, but it worked, so oh well. 

I really like Sams, but you have seen him throw down the field this year, correct?

Help me with this, because I feel like I'm losing my mind. Or maybe I am experiencing revisionist history when Sams throws it.

When have we seen him throw it down field? He had two terrible throws in the pocket against OSU. Waters has equally as embarrassing throws.

The INT at the end of the game against Baylor was ill advised considering down and time on the clock, but he was flushed from the pocket and throwing on the run and put a 50/50 ball up to his 6' 5" 240+ TE to make a play on between a DB.

But other than that what have we seen that makes him so terrible that we don't even think about giving him the chance to throw it vertical? Or is it just a combination of well-the-coach's-are-the-ones-at-practice-and-see-him-throw-it-every-day-type situation?

I was at the spring game and I watch him in warm ups, the arm is there to throw 25 yard post routes to TT or TLBL especially if there is no one over the top because the other safety is at the LOS.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »
I'm ok sticking waters in on every 3rd and 10+.  If it's an obvious passing down, i don't have an issue putting in the better passer (if he is the better passer, which i think he is).

There was a time when this is certain, I think we've passed that time. That said, he's not a bad passer.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 12:37:32 PM »

I don't think he was trying to say Sexton (or Klein) were bad players, but neither are vertical threats in the passing game like Lockett and Thompson. Clearly those 2 are K-State's only true vertical threats this year, that doesn't make the players who aren't bad receivers. Sexton is clearly our 3rd best receiver, he just has a different role.
I agree completely.  It just that some people will make like any player that isn't as talented as Lockett or TT out to be a handicap to the team.  I think it's too early for Sexton to be judged as inferior.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 12:38:13 PM »
does waters always spin the ball in his hands after taking a snap? i'm pretty sure he was doing this during the 4th quarter. i doubt the coaches like it, but it gave me the impression that he was very confident out there. i hadn't noticed it before.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »

There was a time when this is certain, I think we've passed that time. That said, he's not a bad passer.
Yeah, it's not certain, but I still think he's a better passer.  And the coaches seem to also.

If he's the better passer, then I'm OK sticking him in during downs where it's obvious we're going to pass it anyway.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »

I agree completely.  It just that some people will make like any player that isn't as talented as Lockett or TT out to be a handicap to the team.  I think it's too early for Sexton to be judged as inferior.

:dubious:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »
does waters always spin the ball in his hands after taking a snap? i'm pretty sure he was doing this during the 4th quarter. i doubt the coaches like it, but it gave me the impression that he was very confident out there. i hadn't noticed it before.
Maybe that's his version of stotting.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2013, 12:42:31 PM »

Yeah, it's not certain, but I still think he's a better passer.  And the coaches seem to also.

If he's the better passer, then I'm OK sticking him in during downs where it's obvious we're going to pass it anyway.
Did anyone notice Waters had more time to pass in this game.  Those extra 2 to 3 seconds makes a world of difference.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2013, 12:43:25 PM »
I think Sams is just as good within 15 yards.  The deeper ball is the big difference between the two.

If the 3rd down distance is longer than Sams would likely scramble for, I am OK with Waters taking the snap.  3rd and 8ish is where I think they would be about equally effective with Waters for longer and Sams for shorter.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »

Did anyone notice Waters had more time to pass in this game.  Those extra 2 to 3 seconds makes a world of difference.

Sams is not going to have much time as long as the defense is crashing to stop the draw. He will always have wide open receivers, though. He just has to find them.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »

Sams is not going to have much time as long as the defense is crashing to stop the draw. He will always have wide open receivers, though. He just has to find them.
Waters didn't have as much time (4 to 6 sec) in the previous games.  The line is giving him a pocket to pass out of.  Also the way they stack the box on Sams, his time to throw the ball is very short (2 to 4 sec).