Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146091 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #19050 on: March 22, 2018, 05:37:18 PM »
We also bought EMAW.com for like a mil so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19051 on: March 23, 2018, 02:59:17 PM »
http://www.kansan.com/sports/kansas-athletics-presents-preliminary-football-facility-plan-to-lawrence-community/article_2c9802bc-11f9-11e8-bbd3-7b68516dad57.html

I'm sorry, but I'm LOL'ing at this.

The are building this thing on their campus, right?  I get the whole placement thing relative to their beloved hill and the greatest setting in the history of sport venues.   But where it appears they're going to build it is squarely on their campus, back behind their stadium, and yet they're getting input from the community?  Bringing in Ma Blue Hair, the "why do we need that" townies, and the get off my lawners?   Funny

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19052 on: March 26, 2018, 10:26:26 AM »
What would the military guys call CZ's move?

Full spectrum dominance?  Or something along those lines?

Operation Victory, Code Name Dominate
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19053 on: March 26, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »
What would the military guys call CZ's move?

Full spectrum dominance?  Or something along those lines?

Operation Victory, Code Name Dominate

Dispatched with extreme prejudice

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19054 on: April 05, 2018, 03:50:00 PM »
https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2018/4/4/17201190/kansas-football-releases-first-2018-roster

Last year’s starting center, Mesa Ribordy, has left the team due to a medical condition. Additionally, DE Isaiah Bean has left the team as well, also due to a medical condition.

Smith also reports that Antonio Cole and Justin Williams have had to leave the team due to medical conditions as well.

Highly regarded recruit Ian Peterson did not appear on the roster either, along with Kashe Boatner, Lucas Jacobs, Moses Marshall IV, and Ryan Renick, all of whom Smith reports have “left the program.”

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19055 on: April 05, 2018, 03:59:54 PM »
its like marshall but with malaria

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19056 on: April 05, 2018, 04:44:05 PM »
Hard to believe we were ever that bad.

We weren't.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #19057 on: April 05, 2018, 04:59:18 PM »
With regards to the last sentence of that report, I would argue that if you ARE on the KU football team, then your future probably doesn't involve football.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19058 on: April 05, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »
http://www.kansan.com/sports/kansas-athletics-presents-preliminary-football-facility-plan-to-lawrence-community/article_2c9802bc-11f9-11e8-bbd3-7b68516dad57.html

The are building this thing on their campus, right?  I get the whole placement thing relative to their beloved hill and the greatest setting in the history of sport venues.   But where it appears they're going to build it is squarely on their campus, back behind their stadium, and yet they're getting input from the community?  Bringing in Ma Blue Hair, the "why do we need that" townies, and the get off my lawners?   Funny

Probs going to make it available for Saturday pop warner games or some crap so they can get some tax payer money to pay for it?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19059 on: April 05, 2018, 07:46:07 PM »

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19060 on: April 06, 2018, 05:56:35 AM »

Probs going to make it available for Saturday pop warner games or some crap so they can get some tax payer money to pay for it?

Only 16 community members showed up. Not sure they care if their input is heard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19061 on: April 06, 2018, 07:50:51 AM »
https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2018/4/4/17201190/kansas-football-releases-first-2018-roster

Last year’s starting center, Mesa Ribordy, has left the team due to a medical condition. Additionally, DE Isaiah Bean has left the team as well, also due to a medical condition.

Smith also reports that Antonio Cole and Justin Williams have had to leave the team due to medical conditions as well.

Highly regarded recruit Ian Peterson did not appear on the roster either, along with Kashe Boatner, Lucas Jacobs, Moses Marshall IV, and Ryan Renick, all of whom Smith reports have “left the program.”

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19062 on: April 06, 2018, 08:49:36 AM »

Only 16 community members showed up. Not sure they care if their input is heard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"One community member wore a shirt that simply said COMMITMENT. The next a shirt with the word UNSELFISHNESS. And so on..."

16 is all you need.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19063 on: April 06, 2018, 09:10:11 AM »

We weren't.
This is correct

Yup, which is really impressive. And that was at a time where college athletics wasn't such a big deal, like you'd think a major school like theirs in this day and age of high dollar athletics would at least put together, something.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19064 on: April 06, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »

We weren't.
This is correct

It still blows my mind that we won more conference games during the Reagan presidency than they won during the Obama Presidency....AND WE ONLY PLAYED 7 CONFERENCE GAMES VS THE 9 KU PLAYED FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE OBAMA PRESIDENCY.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19065 on: April 06, 2018, 03:31:50 PM »

We weren't.
This is correct

It still blows my mind that we won more conference games during the Reagan presidency than they won during the Obama Presidency....AND WE ONLY PLAYED 7 CONFERENCE GAMES VS THE 9 KU PLAYED FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE OBAMA PRESIDENCY.

The only road game they won during Obama's presidency was at UTEP in 2009. They almost went winless.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19066 on: April 06, 2018, 04:26:21 PM »
Some phog guys are having fun with stats, here are a couple:
If we won't win 6 games over the next 2 seasons, then we will lose 100 games in this decade.

HOLY crap.
As far as I can tell, it appears that the 60s and 80s were the toughest on K-State, and even if I take our losing percentage and apply it to a 120 game decade, we never were that bad. If I did my math right, it looks like if we scaled those two KSU historically worst decades, we'd have lost 94 (80s) and  96 (60s).

Needless to say that KU is on an incredibly bad run. I'd be freakin' blown away if they win more than 6 in two seasons.

1940's were worse than the 80's and 60's (from Winsipedia)

1940s: 14-75-4 / .1573 WP

1960s: 18-80-1 / .1837 WP

1980s: 21-87-3 / .1944 WP

at 120 games, that's be 101, 98, and 96ish losses respectively.

Once again for reference, these were our worse decades. ku for reference 2010-2017: 15-81 (.15625%). IF ku were to match our winning percentage from the 80's, they in 2018 and 2019 will need to go no worse than 9-15. If they go 4-20 they will barely beat our % from the 40's. Which when you think about it, means they are barely doing better than a football team that would have been composed of guys that weren't somehow fit enough to go fight WWII for the better half of a decade. KU was also 45-48-6 during the 40's for that reference as well. Though, 1940-1945 they were 18-37-3, so they weren't immune to draft bug either.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19067 on: April 06, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »

We weren't.
This is correct

Not sure I'd have believed this if I didn't go check the numbers myself, but sure enough...

K-State from 81-88: 9-44-3 (.186) - Assuming a tie counts as half a win like in the NFL.
KU from 09-16: 5-65 (.071)

Even if the ties don't count at all, it's still not even close.

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19068 on: April 06, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »

We weren't.
This is correct

Not sure I'd have believed this if I didn't go check the numbers myself, but sure enough...

K-State from 81-88: 9-44-3 (.186) - Assuming a tie counts as half a win like in the NFL.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19069 on: April 06, 2018, 05:25:20 PM »
 :Wha:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19070 on: April 07, 2018, 07:34:43 AM »
Finish the season ranked 7 times in 70 years! History Awaits!!!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19071 on: April 07, 2018, 09:49:11 AM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_win-loss_records
They could pass us in losses this season.  Getting closer in all time %

Just amazing what LHC Bill Snyder has done...

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19072 on: April 09, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_win-loss_records
They could pass us in losses this season.  Getting closer in all time %

Just amazing what LHC Bill Snyder has done...

Almost as amazing as what Gill/Weis/Beatty have done.  They've dropped about 20 spots on that winning percentage list in less than a decade.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19073 on: April 09, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »

We weren't.
This is correct

Thing is, it's two different eras with wholly different financial situations.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19074 on: April 09, 2018, 03:24:51 PM »
One thing I've learned while reading this thread is that KU football is utter and complete garbage.  Sad.