Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3217127 times)

kstater and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #18200 on: October 14, 2017, 12:01:06 PM »
Oh snap, my burst, KU threw in INT on their first play from scrimmage and ISU promptly scored a TD 3 plays later.

Sounds like our guys have 'em right where they want 'em. Classic rope-a-dope.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18201 on: October 14, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
I think that squawk died  :sdeek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18202 on: October 14, 2017, 12:21:40 PM »
Hawks just gave up a 68-yard punt return for a TD. Clones up 14-0, but this is all a part of Beaty's plan to hustle the crap out of ISU
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

The Big Train

« Reply #18203 on: October 14, 2017, 12:48:33 PM »
:frown:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18204 on: October 14, 2017, 12:54:43 PM »
"KU down 17-0, but if it wasn't for the turnovers it would probably be a 0-0 game, maybe a 3-0 score at the worst". - our man Brian.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18205 on: October 14, 2017, 01:02:48 PM »
I don't think they brought the wet grass cleats  :frown:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18206 on: October 14, 2017, 01:02:48 PM »
:love:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18207 on: October 14, 2017, 01:25:53 PM »
"KU down 17-0, but if it wasn't for the turnovers it would probably be a 0-0 game, maybe a 3-0 score at the worst". - our man Brian.

The very best

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18208 on: October 14, 2017, 04:29:42 PM »
Beaty said KU's defense kept them in the game for a long time. 45-0.  :facepalm:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #18209 on: October 14, 2017, 04:47:35 PM »
wut

Quote from: rolo2838
KU Football = Mike Pappas

Some of you middle aged timers will get this.

Back in the 70s I was a HUGE fan of wrestling. Every week (I think) they had matches down at Memorial Hall that were televised on local TV. Cable didn't exist so of course there was only local TV. What a dunce.

Anyway, they had the good guys like Bulldog Bob Brown and Rufus R Jones. They had the villains like Bruiser Brody and Colonel William Buckley Christopher George Robley the 3rd (aka Yellow belly Robley). Then they had the Star Trek type expendable wrestlers. The ones on Star Trek that get randomly chosen to go down to the planet only to get killed. Mike Pappas was one of those wrestlers. He'd fight a villain and would get thrown around like a sack of potatoes but he always found an opening. He'd run under the villains legs and bounce off the rope and clothesline the guy and then bounce off the other rope and do the same. The crowd would go nuts hoping the underdog would pull the upset but after a few moments of pure adrenaline Pappas would end up getting pummeled and lose the match.

This KU team is playing like that this year. We come out and get embarrassed early but somehow play decent enough late in the 1st half and then come out hot in the 3rd. But then we get bent over in the end and look terrible.

:confused:

What he's saying is like old 70s wrasslin' KU football is sometimes on local TV.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18210 on: October 14, 2017, 05:13:43 PM »
Listening to the radio at halftime with the Clones up 24-0 and it goes something like this:
"The good news is that there is plenty of time to get back into this game and it's still just a 3-score game if you factor in 2-point conversions." 
 :lol:

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: October 14, 2017, 11:10:40 PM »
Here's a few gems for you guys.  Enjoy!

What were the odds that we would find a worse coach than either Gill or Weis?
I mean those two are Vince Lombardi compared to this horseshit.

Gill has 4 conference titles since leaving KU.

These guys are not D1 coaches or players, someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed.
Cancel the remaining games.
What a joke.

Lol, they go punt block and STILL run it back for a TD.
eff KU football. Im done.

Can these stats be correct? ISU has 1 first down, 31 yds total offense, and is up 14-0?

I kind of hate the team now though. These LOSERS don't deserve fans. They don't play hard, have low football IQ, have bad coaching and the admin lets it all happen. I know they are getting routed today, because they are LOSERS.

On the plus side I saved money on my car insurance.

Making ISU look like the steel curtain.

This team has officially given up. Feel bad for dineen and a couple of others. Otherwise I say someone start slashing tires in the AD parking lot.

I literally just laughed hysterically for 30 seconds.

Wonder if Zenger is listening on the radio in his Camry during the rain delay in Manhattan?

KU is showing a balanced attack. 20 yds. rushing and 20 yds. passing at the half.

Repeal and replace this coaching staff

I miss the Gill years.

I miss the Terry Allen years.

It makes me long for the days of Dayne Crist.

" right the ship"?? Beaty couldn't flip a kayak right side up in a swimming pool.

Honest question, is this rock bottom?

Is 1 yard per passing attempt bad?

KU has not crossed the 50 yard line today against the nation's 84th ranked defense.
Hit the bricks, Beaty.

Becoming bowl-eligible will be an uphill challenge at this point... need to go 5-1 over the last 6 games.

If we got 7 points per first down, we’d only be down 10.

Lol Iowa States 4th string qb is better than our starters.

From ESPN:
Kansas: The Jayhawks had more turnovers (two) than plays from scrimmage (one) after they muffed a punt and threw a pick -- and things actually got worse from there.
Kansas, which gained just 40 yards on 30 plays in the first half, looked like a team destined to finish winless in the Big 12.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: October 15, 2017, 12:02:17 AM »
What gems. Epic. Especially the guy who misses "the Terry Allen years."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: October 15, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
Wonder if Zenger is listening on the radio in his Camry during the rain delay in Manhattan?

:lol:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18214 on: October 15, 2017, 12:35:58 PM »
Toilet Bowl II in two weeks

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: October 15, 2017, 02:45:24 PM »
#Zengered

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: October 15, 2017, 04:17:15 PM »
Ready for Round 2?  Here ya go! 

Yeah. We phucking suck syphillis infected testicles.

Now the offense shits is pants again!
Is 12:15PM too early for Vodka and Tequila??

OMFG FIRE THIS WHOLE FU)CKING INCOMPETENT STAFF. IF THEY DONT GIVE A FU)CK WHY SHOULD WE! JESUS H TAP DANCING CHRIST.

NEWS FLASH. BREAKING:
KU has made it past the 50 yard yard line for the first ime today with about 10 minutes to go in the 4Q.
NOTE: Drive started at KU 47

It is just comical. All I can do is laugh. I can't even get mad about it anymore.

Bring Back Terry Allen!!!!!

Stay classy, plowboy. Ames Iowa is THE armpit of the Midwest. And you know it.

Discussion about Terry Allen:

Biggest difference I see is TA had no control of his players at all. They were sleeping on the bench on the sidelines. Yes, starters were literally asleep on the sidelines when the other side of the ball was playing. They showed up to games drunk. They jumped through drive-thru windows, etc. and TA never did a damned thing to get on top of any of that.
:surprised:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: October 15, 2017, 04:29:55 PM »
Eerily similar to the meltdown posts on gE
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #18218 on: October 15, 2017, 04:35:21 PM »
Man they must have really turned up the offensive firepower to crack 100 total yards in the second half.  These stats don’t seem very good...

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: October 16, 2017, 08:17:51 AM »
I found this one rather amusing:

"Baylor is going to kick our ass in front of 734 people."

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: October 16, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »
Well, at least they timed the stadium reno release at the perfect time. Donations have to be comin in hot.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: October 16, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »
I think they are close.  Very close

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: October 16, 2017, 11:25:02 AM »
Tom now calling for Zenger's head:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/oct/15/tom-keegan-clock-tick-tick-ticking-kansas-ad-sheah/

John Fitzgerald 2 hours, 51 minutes ago

I keep trying to tell myself "Beaty needs at least 5 years to rebuild the program", "we're still below the 85 scholarship mark", "we can't let go of Beaty and Zenger because of the new stadium project", and lastly "who would want to even coach KU if we did fire Beaty". But after the last two games, I think I've settled on a few things:
1.) As Brett has pointed out, and I've stubbornly disagreed in the recent past, it DOES NOT take 5 years to rebuild a program. See UCF, UAB, Washington State, ISU, etc. If progress isn't being made in year 3, will it ever be made?
2.) Per an article by Tom or Benton, I can't quite remember who, Beaty mentions we're at 84 scholarships now. That is no longer an excuse even if a chunk of those were walk-on's.
3.) As Tom has mentioned, the new stadium is going to happen regardless if Zenger and Beaty are around, because it NEEDS to happen. They may have helped get the ball rolling, but a fresh new face at AD and HC won't hurt or stop it.
4.) I've said "no coach in their right mind would want to coach KU Football" to myself plenty of times lately, and it's starting to not make sense anymore. One thing about Beaty is he has filled this roster and it's definitely at a better place as far as the talent level, meaning it won't be an issue for the new coach coming in. Also, the new stadium has to be exciting for anyone interested in coaching KU. They can be the one to introduce it and the first to coach one of the best stadiums and locations in CFB. And finally, there is a lot of money being left on the table with KU Football. It's a matter of time before a coach comes here and is successful and can reap the benefits. Kansas doesn't have to be a "career crippler" it can just as easily be a "career maker" if we can hire a competent coach.
So, needless to say, I'm okay with whatever it takes to get this program back in the win column. But whatever happens it needs to happen soon so we can have a jump on the other programs that'll be needing coaches.
Sign in to reply

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: October 16, 2017, 11:33:21 AM »
one of the best stadium and locations in CFB, that's an actual thing they believe