Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438410 times)

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #1675 on: December 02, 2017, 07:45:55 PM »
Razorback Stadiuum today for the Texarkana Bowl.  Pitt State beat Arkansas Tech 48-31 after trailing 31-7 with 2 minutes to go in first half.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 02, 2017, 08:45:59 PM »
Very interesting design
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 02, 2017, 08:57:13 PM »
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 03, 2017, 01:23:24 PM »
That is Arkansas high school and their mascot is the Razorbacks? Also what is up with those goalposts???

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 03, 2017, 02:36:15 PM »
Also what is up with those goalposts???

Looks like temporary uprights attached to reduce width from high school to college.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: December 03, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »
Also what is up with those goalposts???

Looks like temporary uprights attached to reduce width from high school to college.
High schools have wider goalposts? Man

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 03, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »
High school and college used to be wider than the NFL.  College went to NFL width several years ago. 

HS 23'4"
NFL/NCAA 18'6"

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: December 06, 2017, 11:13:10 PM »
OMGLOL if you look closely you can see really tiny writing on the mini crossbars that connect the real uprights to the tempo ones and it says "LiveUnitedBowl" on each one in like 55 point font. Who is going to be able to read that?? How on Earth could that even possibly be worth putting on there??
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

The Big Train

« Reply #1683 on: December 09, 2017, 02:30:14 PM »
No wonder they suck balls

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 09, 2017, 05:26:45 PM »
Has ski-be done New Mexico State yet? Because if not, hang onto your butts for a free trip to AGGIEVISION

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 10, 2017, 10:26:34 AM »
Never!!!!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 10, 2017, 10:27:25 AM »
I do work with a lady who lived in Las Cruces for a few years of her childhood, though!

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 17, 2017, 12:49:53 PM »
The Fightin' Ichabods in Topeka had their Board of Regents approve the building of an indoor facility this past week.  It will be used by multiple sports, including football.  Not bad for Division II.  Listening to a radio interview with their A.D., it should open in about 18 months if their schedule holds.

https://www.wualumni.org/washburn-athletics-indoor-practice-facility
http://cjonline.com/sports/sports-columns/washburnzone/2017-12-17/kevin-haskin-washburn-needs-get-starting-blocks

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 18, 2017, 11:03:29 AM »
KU and Washburn, two peas in a pod

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 18, 2017, 12:04:38 PM »
KU and Washburn, two peas in a pod

Well, to be fair, Washburn actually has a site to build and will move forward with construction, KU still does not have a site or design for their kind of planned indoor facility.

BUT, they continue to use their new indoor facility and new stadium in recruiting! (no actual timeline for either for any potential recruit to even be able to use in their time there)

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 18, 2017, 10:13:34 PM »
The Fightin' Ichabods in Topeka had their Board of Regents approve the building of an indoor facility this past week.  It will be used by multiple sports, including football.  Not bad for Division II.  Listening to a radio interview with their A.D., it should open in about 18 months if their schedule holds.

http://cjonline.com/sports/sports-columns/washburnzone/2017-12-17/kevin-haskin-washburn-needs-get-starting-blocks
If I'm reading the CJ article correctly, WU will probably get a new indoor facility before KU and PSU and FHSU already do. I never really grasped that KU may be the fifth best football program in the state.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 20, 2017, 08:37:13 AM »
At this point I'm starting to think wichita state has a better program

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 20, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »
At this point I'm starting to think wichita state has a better program

I'm pretty sure Lew Perkins left WU football in a better place than he did with Jayhawk football.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 20, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
Has ski-be done New Mexico State yet? Because if not, hang onto your butts for a free trip to AGGIEVISION

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

:impatient:

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 28, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »
Had some time to kill in Provo and decided to give myself a SkinnyBenny-style self guided tour of BYU’s facilities.  My time was cut short and my phone died so consider this just a teaser.  I’ll go back for a full report when Big12 expansion finally happens.

LaVell Edwards Stadium
where Victors, Legends, Champions, Heroes, and Amazing are made (Amazing? Doesn’t really fit the theme)

The stadium is essentially four separate pieces.  The west and east stands run the length of the field.  The north and south stands close the end zones.  There is a gap in all four corners.  Here’s a look at the southwest corner to give you and idea. 

West side has a full length press box and suites.  No suites on the other 3 sides.  No club level seating anywhere.  Also take note of the setting.  It’s no hill, but the Wasatch range is nice if you like that sort of thing.  Unfortunately clouds obscured the peaks this day.  Upper west siders should have a view of Y mountain. South end zoners should have a great view of Mt Timpanogos to the north.

This place was locked down.  Only exterior pics.  Also check out the mini ramps.  They are in all four corners.  Coug fans would be amazed by the monster ramps in KC.

Here’s the exterior view of the South jumbotron.  NuSkin apparently is a big donor.  Not surprising considering that Utah is the MLM capital of the US, maybe the world.

Good sized parking lot with a little ticket booth just west of the stadium.  Plenty of space for pregame with the ward bros &sisters to slam Diet Pepsi, antidepressants, and opioids.  But no booze.  That’s bad for you.

One other thing to mention but didn’t get a picture of... there are gated stroller check areas inside the stadium.  Very nice feature for those hauling the lil coug fans in to the game.  Sure beats stashing a stroller under the bleachers at the top of Sections 10/11 in BSFS.

That all for LaVell Edwards Stadium.  Up next... Oh my heck!  What is this little Denver airport across the street?

Why that’s Miller Park!  Home of both the batcoug’s and lady batcoug’s.  Their fields sit home to home with the shared airport canopy press box in between. 

I didn’t have time for the Marriot Center but you can see it in the pic above.  Just a square brick building.  Kind of a let down.  Maybe the inside is nice.  Hope to find out next time.

Well that’s all for now.  See you at stake conference next month.  Can I sign you up to bring a jello salad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: January 28, 2018, 07:34:52 PM »
I've got BYU in the hopper too, and it is a real doozy :eek:
You do yours and I won't read it, and then when I post mine we'll see if we found weird things in common :love: :excited:

I bet we did :excited: :excited:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:30:30 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 09, 2018, 12:02:55 PM »
Visiting a friend at the University of Arkansas this weekend, from what i have seen of their football stadium, it looks like a flipping parking garage. The general design is underwhelming. The endzone renovation they are doing is about done and looks pretty nice but parking and the stadium area of campus is cluster.

Also will be going to Hawgz vs Vandy basketball tomorrow. WILL have pictures of both stadiums when we get around to walking around campus. In their library currently writing this post and working on code. Needless to say all i brought was purple. #GoCats
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:14:49 PM by GregKSU1027 »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 09, 2018, 01:28:36 PM »
WPS in a garage with no cars is akin to a homemade pipe bomb in a trash can...hold my beer.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 11, 2018, 09:35:23 AM »
Here is Bud Walton Arena, interesting to say the least. This is the first SEC event I have ever been to in my life and the first SEC bball game. They have a lower bowl and the upper bowl. If you check Arena attendance I'm shocked that this arena is filled enough to be ninth in the nation night in and night out. This is the most quiet college bball game I have been to. Will be going by the football stadium today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

The Big Train

« Reply #1699 on: February 11, 2018, 09:39:50 AM »
What’s with those Dalmatian masks, Greg?