Author Topic: Judge to Rutgers?  (Read 32733 times)

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Judge to Rutgers?
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
this guy is a rough ridin' idiot.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2013, 04:01:44 PM »
What I mean is that this type of coach says that he does such a thing to toughen kids up.  I don't get how a kid learns to be tough by having some alpha turn them into submissive bitches. 

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2013, 04:11:09 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how the whistle blower comes out in all of this. The video is allegedly a few years old and brought to the AD as blackmail.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2013, 04:12:22 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how the whistle blower comes out in all of this. The video is allegedly a few years old and brought to the AD as blackmail.

Oh man.  Wow.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Judge to Rutgers?
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

I view him as the only person at Rutgers with any balls.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2013, 04:18:41 PM »

A regular Mike McQueary. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2013, 04:29:26 PM »

The video wouldn't be on ESPN if Rutgers had paid him the money he wanted. Ballsy.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »
I believe it is Eric Murdock, who was DoB under Rice last year and was fired.  Murdock was an all league guard at Providence and 1st round pick and played in the league for 9 years.  That doesn't sound like a guy who would of been looking for a blackmail payday but who knows how many West African gold operations he invested in.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »
yeah, Murdock talked to the AD about it, he waited 6 months to do anything. Sounds like Murdock is gonna sue for wrongful termination.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2013, 04:40:20 PM »
Oh, I'm only a fan of old school up to a point . . . being a back kicking, basketball throwing dickhole is well past that point.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2013, 04:40:59 PM »
I believe it is Eric Murdock, who was DoB under Rice last year and was fired.  Murdock was an all league guard at Providence and 1st round pick and played in the league for 9 years.  That doesn't sound like a guy who would of been looking for a blackmail payday but who knows how many West African gold operations he invested in.

Maybe hush money isn't the right word, but it sounds like he was fired, whether related to this or not idk, said he had this video and would burn it if they paid him off, they refused and now he'll use it in a wrongful termination suit.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2013, 04:42:23 PM »

Maybe hush money isn't the right word, but it sounds like he was fired, whether related to this or not idk, said he had this video and would burn it if they paid him off, they refused and now he'll use it in a wrongful termination suit.

link?

everything ive read said he brought a 30 min video to the AD a while back which led to the 3 game suspension or w/e.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2013, 04:46:12 PM »

link?

everything ive read said he brought a 30 min video to the AD a while back which led to the 3 game suspension or w/e.

This is what some Rutgers grad said on another board:

Rutgers coach Mike Rice, not the Rice coach. This video happened from practices 3 years ago. Either way he was already suspended this past season and made adjustments in his game behavior and practice antics. The only reason ESPN got the video is because the guy in charge of player development blackmailed to school to give him hush money and they refused. As a Rutgers grad this has already been death with and I just want to move on. Even the players on the team have said they've supported him, we've had one player transfer this offseason, who was not a major contributor.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
Why don't any of those guys just kick his ass?  I mean, what happens to you when decide to let a man start abusing you?    :confused:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2013, 05:56:08 PM »
Why don't any of those guys just kick his ass?  I mean, what happens to you when decide to let a man start abusing you?    :confused:
See: Will Spradling

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »

This happened three years ago. It took this long for this to come out. If a player had hit him back, the coach would spin it and that player would be ruined immediately. It becomes he said she said and the coach gets off free.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2013, 06:43:13 PM »
The "why didn't the player hit him back" people are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2013, 06:46:10 PM »
The "why didn't the player hit him back" people are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

yeah.  eff those guys.   :curse:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2013, 12:26:56 AM »

"Why didn't the player hit him back" is the wrong way to look at it. How didn't anyone is a better question. You act like someone getting their nose broken has to be some kind of premeditated act. If someone threw a ball at me and called me a rough ridin' man of taste and distinction its hard for me to imagine that I wouldn't lose my temper.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2013, 01:24:28 AM »

"Why didn't the player hit him back" is the wrong way to look at it. How didn't anyone is a better question. You act like someone getting their nose broken has to be some kind of premeditated act. If someone threw a ball at me and called me a rough ridin' man of taste and distinction its hard for me to imagine that I wouldn't lose my temper.

In some aspects, they have more to lose than their coach. If an 18 y/o strikes back at a coach, that follows him forever. That kid will always be known as the player who hit a coach. He'll be labeled as uncoachable. It could ruin his career.

A coach puts his kids through hell until one day some kid snaps, and he'll spin it as a wild young kid with an attitude problem. He'll get a second chance.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2013, 07:03:40 AM »
The weird thing is I have no idea why the AD was/is so supportive. I suppose because he hired Rice. In 3 years Rice is 44-51 and 16-38 in the Big East; that should have made an easy decision even easier.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2013, 08:07:58 AM »
The weird thing is I have no idea why the AD was/is so supportive. I suppose because he hired Rice. In 3 years Rice is 44-51 and 16-38 in the Big East; that should have made an easy decision even easier.

simple reason is because he's inexperienced.  it's pernetti's first AD job.  before rutgers, he was in a sales/business development job at CBS College Sports Network.  before that he was programming director for ABC Sports.  that's it.  he was in no way qualified for the position in the first place and now is probably going to lose his job because of how he handled this shitstorm.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2013, 09:28:04 AM »

simple reason is because he's inexperienced.  it's pernetti's first AD job.  before rutgers, he was in a sales/business development job at CBS College Sports Network.  before that he was programming director for ABC Sports.  that's it.  he was in no way qualified for the position in the first place and now is probably going to lose his job because of how he handled this shitstorm.

Rice is now out at Rutgers.  He is going to be on Don Imus' radio show late today.  Topic of discussion: is it okay to throw basketballs if the player is a nappy headed hoe
@lopakman

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »

Rice is now out at Rutgers.  He is going to be on Don Imus' radio show late today.  Topic of discussion: is it okay to throw basketballs if the player is a nappy headed hoe

Hopefully Pernetti had a basketball behind his desk and threw it at Rice when he walked in to get fired.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2013, 10:05:37 AM »

Rice is now out at Rutgers. He is going to be on Don Imus' radio show late today.  Topic of discussion: is it okay to throw basketballs if the player is a nappy headed hoe

An awesome "eff you" to Rutgers.

I feel like his experience shouldn't matter. If god forbid I was hired as a 22 year old AD and this crap went on, it's an easy decision. He's fired.