Author Topic: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread  (Read 311098 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #2350 on: December 01, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »
Have you guys seen what has become of our once bustling bb board?  It's in neglected shambles.  If whoeves sock reno is would stop using that sock, there would be basically no traffic on it.
I know of a few posters who would post on the bb board more if reno would gtfo. Ski    Be   !

heh
long play to get an ignore function?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: December 01, 2016, 02:55:57 PM »
Have you guys seen what has become of our once bustling bb board?  It's in neglected shambles.  If whoeves sock reno is would stop using that sock, there would be basically no traffic on it.
I know of a few posters who would post on the bb board more if reno would gtfo. Ski    Be   !

heh
long play to get an ignore function?

Ignore.is for robots and cowboy.gravy eaters on a trail full of vegan wimpies
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 01, 2016, 04:17:16 PM »
I see PJ Fleck going to Purdue or possibly Oregon. I'm not sure I believe Venables even wants to be a head coach.

I don't think it's crazy that all three of them remain where they are. No one really knows but there are people around certain that Fleck is going to stay. If Purdue is the only P5 offer he gets he may not go, he's going to get another raise, he already makes more than Beaty. Purdue will need to give him a good amount of money, possibly more than they're comfortable with.

Venables isn't on anyone's list which isn't surprising given where the open jobs are. Houston makes the most sense but they likely can't afford him.

As for Snyder I think I've come to realize that he isn't going to have a planned retirement at all. When he leaves it will be sloppy and probably not beneficial to us, he'll have a health issue or he'll wake up at some point in June or something and figure out he doesn't want to do it anymore.
Our next coach will not be Venables, because on Tuesday Keitzman said that absolutely will not happen.
The quote function can be tricky sometimes, but that's more like it!

Thank you, I was wondering what the hell was happening.
dumdeedum is a great poster and an even better dad.  i'm happy to help him out.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 01, 2016, 04:26:51 PM »
ddd does excellent laundry delivery as well. all-around great individual.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 01, 2016, 04:48:00 PM »
one of my favorite sequences in bbs history:

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=27982.msg875474#msg875474

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: December 01, 2016, 05:17:52 PM »
Oh good grief

I kind of agree with slim. Is trade the word arrogance with incompetence though. We've discussed a lot of the second half offense stuff that happened most of the season. I'm more angry with the defense. The production from that unit given the amount of talent they have is inexcusable, most assistant coaches would have been canned for the multi year stretch Hayes has had. We have two Big 12 defensive poy and all-america candidates in our front seven, two guys in the secondary who will be first or second team all-conference, I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as six or seven get all-conference honors. The scheme is terrible and I have no idea how Hayes is getting a paycheck.
this is not directed at anyone in particular but why would a fan not be frustrated with this season? Its okay to be very happy and frustrated at the same time guys. And if you weren't than you werent watching. We have a very good team that was handcuffed by people that make 6 figure salaries

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: December 01, 2016, 09:42:28 PM »
Oh good grief

I kind of agree with slim. Is trade the word arrogance with incompetence though. We've discussed a lot of the second half offense stuff that happened most of the season. I'm more angry with the defense. The production from that unit given the amount of talent they have is inexcusable, most assistant coaches would have been canned for the multi year stretch Hayes has had. We have two Big 12 defensive poy and all-america candidates in our front seven, two guys in the secondary who will be first or second team all-conference, I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as six or seven get all-conference honors. The scheme is terrible and I have no idea how Hayes is getting a paycheck.
this is not directed at anyone in particular but why would a fan not be frustrated with this season? Its okay to be very happy and frustrated at the same time guys. And if you weren't than you werent watching. We have a very good team that was handcuffed by people that make 6 figure salaries
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: December 01, 2016, 10:46:02 PM »
Oh good grief

I kind of get the criticism, and I am often frustrated by aspects of the coaching, but you're living in fantasy land if you think we would have the same "very good team" without the staff you seem to think is also holding them back. It's also nonsense to act like coaching has nothing to do with players getting all conference honors.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: December 01, 2016, 11:20:36 PM »
Oh good grief

I kind of get the criticism, and I am often frustrated by aspects of the coaching, but you're living in fantasy land if you think we would have the same "very good team" without the staff you seem to think is also holding them back. It's also nonsense to act like coaching has nothing to do with players getting all conference honors.

That's the thing with this staff, the development seems to be very good, it's an A+ staff Sunday-Friday. What the hell is going on Saturdays though?

I'm not going to give the coaches too much credit for what the individual talent is doing, Willis and Lee would be stars everywhere. Willis is now projected in the first round now, he's 6'5" 260 and fast, that isn't Tom Hayes, sorry.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: December 02, 2016, 06:00:08 AM »
Oh good grief

That's the thing with this staff, the development seems to be very good, it's an A+ staff Sunday-Friday. What the hell is going on Saturdays though?

I'm not going to give the coaches too much credit for what the individual talent is doing, Willis and Lee would be stars everywhere. Willis is now projected in the first round now, he's 6'5" 260 and fast, that isn't Tom Hayes, sorry.

Are you referencing this? I haven't been able to find him even in the top 10 DE prospects on all the major mock draft sites.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-jonathan-allen-myles-garrett-first-2017-mock-draft/

This mock draft has Jordan Willis going in the 1st round.

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: December 02, 2016, 09:19:18 AM »
I typed in Jordan Willis draft into Google news and the first four articles reference him as the best outside pass rusher in the draft

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: December 02, 2016, 09:41:33 AM »
I'd be interested to see the links you are looking at.  I legit can't find him listed as a top tier prospect. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: December 02, 2016, 09:47:19 AM »
It doesn't even matter that much given that it is possible for players to be studs in college without also being highly rated NFL draft prospects.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: December 02, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »
I'd be interested to see the links you are looking at.  I legit can't find him listed as a top tier prospect. 

I would guess a lot of sites list him as an OLB in the NFL.  If you were looking at DE, you weren't seeing him.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: December 02, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »

I would guess a lot of sites list him as an OLB in the NFL.  If you were looking at DE, you weren't seeing him.

Yea he is #7 or #8 on most sites as OLB that I checked.  Probably puts him 4th round or so.  Just can't find anything projecting him as a first round guy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: December 02, 2016, 11:31:37 AM »

Yea he is #7 or #8 on most sites as OLB that I checked.  Probably puts him 4th round or so.  Just can't find anything projecting him as a first round guy.

I mean I told you exactly how I found it, since Google seems to be some kind of puzzle here's one so we can move on.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-jonathan-allen-myles-garrett-first-2017-mock-draft/

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: December 02, 2016, 11:42:19 AM »
Oh good grief

Are you referencing this? I haven't been able to find him even in the top 10 DE prospects on all the major mock draft sites.

Oh good grief

I mean I told you exactly how I found it, since Google seems to be some kind of puzzle here's one so we can move on.

Could have just said yes when I asked if you were referencing that exact link 7 posts ago, sheesh.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: December 02, 2016, 11:56:49 AM »
do people think he's going to go into coaching or something?

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: December 02, 2016, 05:35:40 PM »
Greg Schiano would be really weird and entertaining.

Thoughts on Schiano? I don't think he would be bad.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: December 02, 2016, 05:42:51 PM »
Schiano is a well known piece of crap human

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: December 02, 2016, 06:16:09 PM »
Greg Schiano would be really weird and entertaining.

Thoughts on Schiano? I don't think he would be bad.

Gross. Do not want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: December 02, 2016, 10:37:50 PM »
Schiano is a well known piece of crap human

This is true, he destroyed the beautiful Josh Freeman. That being said, if/when he gets another college job he's absolutely going to win.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: December 03, 2016, 08:38:08 AM »
Was just daydreaming about this scenario: 'Cats win out, Clemson Wins the Natty, Snyder announces retirement after Natty, Brent comes home.

I wanna give up on the pipe dream to make it easier in the end, but i just can't. It gives me a sense of hope and happiness about our 'Cats in the future.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: December 03, 2016, 09:14:53 AM »
Was just daydreaming about this scenario: 'Cats win out, Clemson Wins the Natty, Snyder announces retirement after Natty, Brent comes home.

I wanna give up on the pipe dream to make it easier in the end, but i just can't. It gives me a sense of hope and happiness about our 'Cats in the future.

Don't give up on my dreams man, they are fantastic.....especially the one you are talking about.  Dreams can come true
Awaiting the inevitable KITN