Author Topic: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread  (Read 313408 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #2325 on: November 30, 2016, 09:36:11 PM »
I think Snyder probably wants to stay another year or two at this point. He's got a core of younger talent on par with 2011 IMO. I'm sure he would like to at least get another 10 win season before he bows out and with what we have in place it might be possible.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: November 30, 2016, 10:14:18 PM »
I think Snyder probably wants to stay another year or two at this point. He's got a core of younger talent on par with 2011 IMO. I'm sure he would like to at least get another 10 win season before he bows out and with what we have in place it might be possible.
a 36 yard field goal @ wvu and not melting down vs. osu and he very likely could have had that this season. i hope he puts together another run similar to '11 and '12. it was loads of fun.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:21 AM »
a 36 yard field goal @ wvu and not melting down vs. osu and he very likely could have had that this season. i hope he puts together another run similar to '11 and '12. it was loads of fun.

Preferably '12 rather than '11... my heart cannot handle the 2011 season again... let's just not do that "lose the 2nd to last game of the year to a lesser team to lose our chances at a natty" thing again...

Also, "Inside of Vanier"   :ROFL:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: December 01, 2016, 09:31:02 AM »
Preferably '12 rather than '11... my heart cannot handle the 2011 season again... let's just not do that "lose the 2nd to last game of the year to a lesser team to lose our chances at a natty" thing again...

Yeah, I'm saying this year is similar to 11, we just haven't won as many of the close games. If we can replace the defensive losses, next year could be a 10 win season. We return nearly 80% of our 2 deep next year.

Offline Dumdeedum

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: December 01, 2016, 09:57:20 AM »
I see PJ Fleck going to Purdue or possibly Oregon. I'm not sure I believe Venables even wants to be a head coach.

Our next coach will not be Venables, because on Tuesday Keitzman said that absolutely will not happen.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: December 01, 2016, 10:01:15 AM »

Hope he tells Del and Dana they need to shape up if this is his plan

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: December 01, 2016, 10:12:23 AM »
I see PJ Fleck going to Purdue or possibly Oregon. I'm not sure I believe Venables even wants to be a head coach.

I don't think it's crazy that all three of them remain where they are. No one really knows but there are people around certain that Fleck is going to stay. If Purdue is the only P5 offer he gets he may not go, he's going to get another raise, he already makes more than Beaty. Purdue will need to give him a good amount of money, possibly more than they're comfortable with.

Venables isn't on anyone's list which isn't surprising given where the open jobs are. Houston makes the most sense but they likely can't afford him.

As for Snyder I think I've come to realize that he isn't going to have a planned retirement at all. When he leaves it will be sloppy and probably not beneficial to us, he'll have a health issue or he'll wake up at some point in June or something and figure out he doesn't want to do it anymore.
Our next coach will not be Venables, because on Tuesday Keitzman said that absolutely will not happen.
The quote function can be tricky sometimes, but that's more like it!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: December 01, 2016, 10:37:26 AM »
We have a real chance to win 9 games this year and then 10+ the next two years with how bad the Big 12 is. We also have a very solid group of young players being worked into the system. If Snyder wants to leave with the program in the best possible shape, then he probably needs to leave now. Fleck would be my first choice and I think he'd be a great fit, but I would be surprised if we were even on his radar.  That being said, I think that if Leavitt wants the job we should give it to him now. He probably has about ten years left in him and I think he would be able to at least sustain the level of success we've had in Snyder 2.0. If Sean stayed on as ST coordinator, then we would only be a solid OC from being a really good team, considering Leavitt's defensive coaching prowess.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: December 01, 2016, 11:01:57 AM »
We have a real chance to win 9 games this year and then 10+ the next two years with how bad the Big 12 is. We also have a very solid group of young players being worked into the system. If Snyder wants to leave with the program in the best possible shape, then he probably needs to leave now. Fleck would be my first choice and I think he'd be a great fit, but I would be surprised if we were even on his radar.  That being said, I think that if Leavitt wants the job we should give it to him now. He probably has about ten years left in him and I think he would be able to at least sustain the level of success we've had in Snyder 2.0. If Sean stayed on as ST coordinator, then we would only be a solid OC from being a really good team, considering Leavitt's defensive coaching prowess.
30/70% imho

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: December 01, 2016, 11:10:28 AM »
10 games next year will be tough, OU basically starts with 5 tds in MHK and goes from there and I don't see anything but a wild loss in Stillwater.  If Ertz can just other teams even worry about throwing completing it over their heads we could be great on offense and coast everywhere else in this league.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: December 01, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »
the b12 needs to reset their conference schedules.

when they created this thing they paved OU a path to the national championship every other year by giving them the H/A rotation that they did.
ours should be like theirs

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: December 01, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »
10 games next year will be tough, OU basically starts with 5 tds in MHK and goes from there and I don't see anything but a wild loss in Stillwater.  If Ertz can just other teams even worry about throwing completing it over their heads we could be great on offense and coast everywhere else in this league.
This

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: December 01, 2016, 12:04:07 PM »
I get the feeling that Bill doesn't want to leave if the team is bad,  but he doesn't want to step down if things are clicking either.  There will never be an ideal time, but this off season makes the most sense,  which is why he'll come back... Emaw

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: December 01, 2016, 12:09:51 PM »
Its so maddening to th i nk about what we could be if he wasnt so loyal. I know how that sounds btw im talking about with assistants and upperclassmen. Its nuts to look back over the year and know this is a ten win team if it wasnt for coaches and arrogance

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: December 01, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »
Oh good grief
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: December 01, 2016, 01:46:06 PM »

I don't think it's crazy that all three of them remain where they are. No one really knows but there are people around certain that Fleck is going to stay. If Purdue is the only P5 offer he gets he may not go, he's going to get another raise, he already makes more than Beaty. Purdue will need to give him a good amount of money, possibly more than they're comfortable with.

Venables isn't on anyone's list which isn't surprising given where the open jobs are. Houston makes the most sense but they likely can't afford him.

As for Snyder I think I've come to realize that he isn't going to have a planned retirement at all. When he leaves it will be sloppy and probably not beneficial to us, he'll have a health issue or he'll wake up at some point in June or something and figure out he doesn't want to do it anymore.
The quote function can be tricky sometimes, but that's more like it!

Thank you, I was wondering what the hell was happening.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: December 01, 2016, 01:47:47 PM »

Why would you say that?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 01, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »

when they created this thing they paved OU a path to the national championship every other year by giving them the H/A rotation that they did.

What's the abnormality with their h/a rotation? I think never having to play in Austin is their biggest assist.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: December 01, 2016, 01:58:38 PM »
Oh good grief

I kind of agree with slim. Is trade the word arrogance with incompetence though. We've discussed a lot of the second half offense stuff that happened most of the season. I'm more angry with the defense. The production from that unit given the amount of talent they have is inexcusable, most assistant coaches would have been canned for the multi year stretch Hayes has had. We have two Big 12 defensive poy and all-america candidates in our front seven, two guys in the secondary who will be first or second team all-conference, I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as six or seven get all-conference honors. The scheme is terrible and I have no idea how Hayes is getting a paycheck.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: December 01, 2016, 02:23:55 PM »
I don't want to defend Hayes but I think the talent on this defense is a little overstated.  I love Lee and Willis but the elite Cat defenders would have made a play during the one of the WVU or OSU 4th quarter drives, Arthur Brown's int of RG3 is the perfect example.  To me this year's defense is more about finally having legit Big 12 talent across the board with the exception of nickel. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: December 01, 2016, 02:27:22 PM »
Have you guys seen what has become of our once bustling bb board?  It's in neglected shambles.  If whoeves sock reno is would stop using that sock, there would be basically no traffic on it.
I know of a few posters who would post on the bb board more if reno would gtfo. Ski    Be   !

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: December 01, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »

What's the abnormality with their h/a rotation? I think never having to play in Austin is their biggest assist.

this season their only road game was @ wvu
isu, wvu, tt, tcu, (and hosted at dallas v ut)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: December 01, 2016, 02:40:44 PM »

this season their only road game was @ wvu
isu, wvu, tt, tcu, (and hosted at dallas v ut)

That's only light because TCU was unexpectedly down, people were picking them to win the conference. Tech was disappointing as well. Going off of preseason expectations only K-State had a tougher road schedule.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: December 01, 2016, 02:40:55 PM »
Have you guys seen what has become of our once bustling bb board?  It's in neglected shambles.  If whoeves sock reno is would stop using that sock, there would be basically no traffic on it.
I know of a few posters who would post on the bb board more if reno would gtfo. Ski    Be   !

heh
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12