Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 429421 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #2175 on: November 17, 2016, 10:24:08 AM »
They said 2014 was the hottest year ever and in the same releases said they weren't really sure. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 17, 2016, 10:28:10 AM »
Yeah, I'll leave that part to the scientists. Info warrior Dax would rather believe whatever infowars says.

Sure, absolutely. So what do "the scientists" say? Do they agree? What's the answer from the "97%"? 0.1 degree? 1 degree? I've googled it and I'm not finding an answer. I did find a crap ton of models hypothesizing the impact on warming, and they were way off (see first post).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 17, 2016, 10:29:59 AM »
They said 2014 was the hottest year ever and in the same releases said they weren't really sure.
link?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 29, 2016, 03:41:07 PM »
California, really?  Regulations for cow farts?  Dax do you have room for a California dairy cow.
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/220448846-story

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 29, 2016, 03:49:56 PM »
California, really?  Regulations for cow farts?  Dax do you have room for a California dairy cow.

Reno... Try not be such a rough ridin' idiot. Do a little research. Read what respected main-stream scientists are saying on the subject.

Cow farts = a crap ton of methane ... Methane = An extremely detrimental greenhouse gas (Worse than CO2) ... Climate Change / Global Warming is theorized to be caused by significant increases in greenhouse gases.

I know the koch bros, infowars, breitbart all are going to try and convince you otherwise... but maybe they have an ulterior motive. Maybe
untuck manhattan

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 29, 2016, 03:53:28 PM »
camKSU must be lactose intolerant or something.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: November 29, 2016, 04:56:40 PM »
 Farting is a God given right for.every creature.  Main stream scientists are making up crap to make money.  Cam the circle of life involves eating and digestion.  In the 1800s 60 million bison roamed.our prairies, farting, but not causing global warming.  If people are going chicken little about rising seas.they can move inland and raise cows.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:00:35 PM by renocat »

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: November 29, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »
Farting is a God given right for.every creature.  Main stream scientists are making up crap to make money.  Cam the circle of life involves eating and digestion.  In the 1800s 60 million bison roamed.our prairies, farting, but not causing global warming.  If people are going chicken little about rising seas.they can move inland and raise cows.
:bang:

40% of the world's population live along coastal areas... And you do realize that sea levels will affect the climate and food production world-wide, right? Despite what fox news tells you, you don't actually live in a bubble.

The true conservative approach and perspective would be to try and preserve and protect the environment as stridently and doggedly as repubs do for the oil and gas industry currently.  However, given how the american voter doesn't choose their politicians based on any logic or reason that would actually help them, I don't know why I would expect any different in this instance.
untuck manhattan

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: November 29, 2016, 05:30:41 PM »
 :bwpopcorn:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: November 29, 2016, 07:27:17 PM »
Cam, you have hit on a solution to overpopulation if 40% of people live along the ocean.  Nature has a way of adjusting.  So if we do away with animal protein, what will be the substitute?  Plant protein?  More tractors belching co2.  Tear up grassland that captures immense amounts of co2 to grow crops.   Regulations for animal caused methane are ridiculous at best.  Mother earthers nuts believe in an environmental apocalypse.  Conservatives believe in wise stewardship and use of resources in the environment with the belief man is an adaptable animal.  The greatest future problem is overpopulation and the complete ineffectiveness of antibiotics.  Wasting resources and time on this topic IMO is foolishness. 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: November 29, 2016, 07:58:56 PM »

Reno... Try not be such a rough ridin' idiot. Do a little research. Read what respected main-stream scientists are saying on the subject.

Cow farts = a crap ton of methane ... Methane = An extremely detrimental greenhouse gas (Worse than CO2) ... Climate Change / Global Warming is theorized to be caused by significant increases in greenhouse gases.

I know the koch bros, infowars, breitbart all are going to try and convince you otherwise... but maybe they have an ulterior motive. Maybe

you had better hope that the owner of this message board never finds this anti cow farming propaganda post
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2186 on: November 29, 2016, 08:24:43 PM »
Warmers = mental retardation
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: November 29, 2016, 09:44:17 PM »
Cam, you have hit on a solution to overpopulation if 40% of people live along the ocean.  Nature has a way of adjusting.  So if we do away with animal protein, what will be the substitute?  Plant protein?  More tractors belching co2.  Tear up grassland that captures immense amounts of co2 to grow crops.   Regulations for animal caused methane are ridiculous at best.  Mother earthers nuts believe in an environmental apocalypse.  Conservatives believe in wise stewardship and use of resources in the environment with the belief man is an adaptable animal.  The greatest future problem is overpopulation and the complete ineffectiveness of antibiotics.  Wasting resources and time on this topic IMO is foolishness.

And there we have it. Do you all see it? The essence of modern republicans. They don't really give a crap at what happens to "them". As long as they can go on living life the way they always have... the rest of us be damned. Why should they care about everyone else? It requires too much effort, too much sacrifice.

The hypocrisy is deafening.

Pro-life? Conservatism? Small government? Self-reliance?

It's all bull crap. It's really just a philosophy of, "screw the rest of the world, I'm going to get mine... the future be damned"

It's sad really. Naive, short-sighted, and insensitive.
untuck manhattan

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2188 on: November 29, 2016, 10:47:41 PM »
Cam, what happens when the earth warms 1 degree? What if it's better that way?

I'm not sure that you understand your advocating for a constant state of weather, or how insane that is.

Typical libtard, chasing imaginary monsters.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: November 29, 2016, 10:51:26 PM »
Cam just bodybaggin' socks up in hur.  :lol:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: November 29, 2016, 11:22:25 PM »
It's all bull crap. It's really just a philosophy of, "screw the rest of the world, I'm going to get mine... the future be damned.....
You can't have bull crap without bull farts.  I admit the weather has been kind of screwy the last two years.  But what is really normal.  We screwed up old weather patterns when we plowed up the prairie to grow wheat.  What befuddles me about the world butt warmer crowd's naivety about the world caring about us and their willingness to go Amish and live without modern worldly conveniences.  Americans first is the new mantra. No fart police IMO.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: November 30, 2016, 07:39:21 AM »
So, to be clear, you guys are denying the world is getting warmer and is causing things like rapid ice melt?  Or just the causes of it?

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: November 30, 2016, 08:12:43 AM »
So, to be clear, you guys are denying the world is getting warmer and is causing things like rapid ice melt?  Or just the causes of it?

Or you just don't really care about the causes and "think" everything is just going to be hunky-dory?
 :bs:

FSD... 1 degree celcius will have massive changes but we could probably survive it as a species and society. However when you talk about +4 degrees... the world as we know it will be a dramatically different place. The southwest and great plains will nearly be uninhabitable (due to drought and extreme temperatures), coastal cities will be flooded by rising seas and battered by extreme storms. The overall global weather will be extreme due to dramatic changes in oceans temperatures and thus current patterns. Fish stocks will plummet impacting a huge percentage of the population worldwide that depend on the sea for their food (and economy).

The good news is we can mitigate and lessen the rise in global temperatures by changes to our processes, behaviors, laws, economies, and infrastructure. But it has to be now and it has to be serious. There isn't time to mess around with weening off (ensuring continued profits for established industries) or slow transitions. It needs to be quick, decisive, and widespread.

Otherwise...

:fan-1:

Then again, you don't really care about everyone else, right?
untuck manhattan

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: November 30, 2016, 08:16:28 AM »
I think I'd rather just keep eating meat and dairy.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: November 30, 2016, 08:20:42 AM »
Meat and dairy are p tasty
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: November 30, 2016, 08:53:25 AM »

Or you just don't really care about the causes and "think" everything is just going to be hunky-dory?
 :bs:

FSD... 1 degree celcius will have massive changes but we could probably survive it as a species and society. However when you talk about +4 degrees... the world as we know it will be a dramatically different place. The southwest and great plains will nearly be uninhabitable (due to drought and extreme temperatures), coastal cities will be flooded by rising seas and battered by extreme storms. The overall global weather will be extreme due to dramatic changes in oceans temperatures and thus current patterns. Fish stocks will plummet impacting a huge percentage of the population worldwide that depend on the sea for their food (and economy).

The good news is we can mitigate and lessen the rise in global temperatures by changes to our processes, behaviors, laws, economies, and infrastructure. But it has to be now and it has to be serious. There isn't time to mess around with weening off (ensuring continued profits for established industries) or slow transitions. It needs to be quick, decisive, and widespread.

Otherwise...

:fan-1:

Then again, you don't really care about everyone else, right?

Lotta certitude going up in here. It's funny how liberals are so certain of something so complex. But when you ask them for any specificity it always boils down to "Didn't you hear what I said? It's gonna be BAD! 4 degrees! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!"

Ice caps expand and contract. Artic ice is down. Antarctic ice is UP. For liberals it doesn't really matter - it's all evidence of manmade climate change (as opposed to just climate change, which has been happening since the earth was formed 6000 years ago).

I predict it's going to be cold this winter, and that is definitive prove that manmade global warming is a sham.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: November 30, 2016, 09:01:37 AM »
lol

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: November 30, 2016, 09:02:39 AM »
Ok, trying again since Cam got all angried up:

Do you guys not believe the world is getting warmer and causing rapid ice melt, or do you simply not believe it is caused by man?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: November 30, 2016, 09:05:07 AM »
Ok, trying again since Cam got all angried up:

Do you guys not believe the world is getting warmer and causing rapid ice melt, or do you simply not believe it is caused by man?

I believe both of those things, CNS.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: November 30, 2016, 09:15:40 AM »
I honestly don't know if ksuw is being sarcastic or not with the 6000 yr old earth thing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite