Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4617891 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #34025 on: April 23, 2015, 11:55:12 PM »
I mean for the most part I love how chip-shouldery we still are.

Yes. These other teams get all pissed off and then they lose. It's so cute.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34026 on: April 23, 2015, 11:59:21 PM »
j-guts is a c- pitcher but an A+ translator
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34027 on: April 24, 2015, 12:02:06 AM »
I absolutely think starting this season with a gigantic chip was the right move, but I don't think you can sustain that for 162. Especially if we constantly have key guys suspended. Now we're nearly 1/10 through the season and have shown we're one of baseball's best teams, let's just go beat these loser teams like the White Sox and save the major swag for teams like Detroit and the Yankees.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34028 on: April 24, 2015, 12:06:15 AM »
i liked that question asker guy going kinda hard at ned tho

Andy McCullough

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #34029 on: April 24, 2015, 12:08:22 AM »
this is really really fun.  even if we were getting our asses kicked it'd still be kind of fun theater. 

but when we're winning, it's like, i can't imagine how April baseball could be more fun.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34030 on: April 24, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
I absolutely think starting this season with a gigantic chip was the right move, but I don't think you can sustain that for 162. Especially if we constantly have key guys suspended. Now we're nearly 1/10 through the season and have shown we're one of baseball's best teams, let's just go beat these loser teams like the White Sox and save the major swag for teams like Detroit and the Yankees.

It's easy to keep the chip on your shoulder when everyone you play goes out of their way to piss you off.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34031 on: April 24, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »
I really think the worst part is now this narrative about the Royals that the media will want to run with as opposed to the one that the Royals are a really good team. Look at tonight, the initial reaction is that Ventura is a hot head and starting stuff, but the more everyone looks at it Ventura is still a hot head, but it looks more like Eaton instigated things. Throw in that Shark was probably the biggest culprit in the brawl getting to the level it was and the White Sox should have looked like the bigger "bad boys" in this but the narrative has already been written and the media ran with it.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34032 on: April 24, 2015, 12:11:43 AM »
It seems like Moose getting plunked in the head was meant to get Ventura to retaliate and booted. I'm concerned that kind of thinking is going to get a Royal batter hurt. It would be nice if the umps did some no-warning ejections of opposing team pitchers.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34033 on: April 24, 2015, 12:13:06 AM »
I really think the worst part is now this narrative about the Royals that the media will want to run with as opposed to the one that the Royals are a really good team. Look at tonight, the initial reaction is that Ventura is a hot head and starting stuff, but the more everyone looks at it Ventura is still a hot head, but it looks more like Eaton instigated things. Throw in that Shark was probably the biggest culprit in the brawl getting to the level it was and the White Sox should have looked like the bigger "bad boys" in this but the narrative has already been written and the media ran with it.

You can't lose and be the bad boy. The White Sox came out looking like White trash losers.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34034 on: April 24, 2015, 12:13:36 AM »
Not that it's really a bad thing that the Royals have this bad boy rep, but we're definitely going to get some ejections and suspensions this season that aren't really warrented based on the way other teams are treated.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34035 on: April 24, 2015, 12:16:24 AM »
katkid.jpg

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34036 on: April 24, 2015, 12:22:11 AM »
it is april 24th.

and i am up past midnight scouring blogs and twitter for post game opinions on a royals game

:lol:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34037 on: April 24, 2015, 12:25:19 AM »
Quote from: CF3's liver
There's like 147 games left. Easy big fella....

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #34038 on: April 24, 2015, 12:26:42 AM »
in his last 6 games, hos is 7/16, with 9 walks

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34039 on: April 24, 2015, 12:28:56 AM »
It seems like Moose getting plunked in the head was meant to get Ventura to retaliate and booted. I'm concerned that kind of thinking is going to get a Royal batter hurt. It would be nice if the umps did some no-warning ejections of opposing team pitchers.

I think Sale hitting Moose was completely unintentional. I don't think he even wanted to go inside on that pitch. I tend to judge intent on catcher reaction to the pitch. On the Sale pitch Flowers was completely crossed up. Part of the reason I think Kazmir may have intentionally hit Cain the other day is their catcher barely moved.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34040 on: April 24, 2015, 12:54:27 AM »
Just getting home to BBS about a team near and dear to my heart, our Royals.

1. Chingon, I used the #roydrage hashtag on Twitter before I saw that you used it on here, I promise.

2. I do think Eaton prompted Ourdano. But he knew it would be easy to do so based on whatever happened in the 6th and what happened in the past. It probably wouldn't have gotten a reaction out of 90+% of starting pitchers.

3. I am very conflicted because I love, love, LOVE what's happening, but know that we will lose games due to suspensions if it keeps happening.

4. I mean, has anyone on this blog ever cheered for a "Bad Boys" type team? It's so fun. You start some crap, and still win. How pissed do those losers have to be?

5. _FAN, the Yankees are completely irrelevant now. The Tigers may be the only team we need to "use swagger on" going forward.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 01:25:26 AM by Stevesie60 »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34041 on: April 24, 2015, 12:55:29 AM »

I think Sale hitting Moose was completely unintentional. I don't think he even wanted to go inside on that pitch. I tend to judge intent on catcher reaction to the pitch. On the Sale pitch Flowers was completely crossed up. Part of the reason I think Kazmir may have intentionally hit Cain the other day is their catcher barely moved.

Agreed on the HBP being unintentional, but for different reasons. The book on Moose is to pitch him inside, so it's not surprising that Sale came inside on him. Plus, the Sox were only down a run when Moose was hit.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34042 on: April 24, 2015, 12:59:07 AM »
Perhaps overlooked in all of this is that we're back in first place.  :royals:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34043 on: April 24, 2015, 01:15:35 AM »
Just checked the standing, and we are at the top of the AL.

Awful lot of local talk Radio and writers out there criticizing the team with the best record  in the league.  That's strange to me.  I am inclined to shut the eff up and tip my hat to the best record in the league.

i just chased robin ventura into a bathroom to thank him for doing things the right way.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34044 on: April 24, 2015, 01:17:41 AM »
it looks more like Eaton instigated things.

there may be two or three other people beyond yourself, to whom it looked like that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 01:22:19 AM by sys »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34045 on: April 24, 2015, 01:19:16 AM »
Part of the reason I think Kazmir may have intentionally hit Cain the other day is their catcher barely moved.

the reason i think kazmir hit cain intentionally is because he threw like 89 strikes out of 90 pitches.  with the other pitch, he hit cain.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34046 on: April 24, 2015, 01:36:45 AM »
in his last 6 games, hos is 7/16, with 9 walks

Add 1 more game and he is 10-20 with 9 BB in last 7.    Ave up to .339 with OBP at .444 now

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34047 on: April 24, 2015, 06:46:09 AM »
Ourdano pitched a great game though. Maybe his best start of the year.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34048 on: April 24, 2015, 06:49:02 AM »
When will we know how long cain, volky, and ace are.suspended for?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34049 on: April 24, 2015, 06:49:54 AM »
We are huge studs and the rest of the league is just jealous.
:adios: