Author Topic: CFP  (Read 2084 times)

Offline catpridechi

• Fan
    • View Profile
CFP
« on: October 21, 2014, 12:53:57 PM »
Provided we win out I see us making it to the CFP I could be wrong but we win the BIG12 we will be in IMO. What do you guys think?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: CFP
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 12:54:59 PM »
your lips to god's ears

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:57:15 PM »
that's an interesting scenario that i hadn't thought about yet.  great work cpc  :thumbsup:

Offline catpridechi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »
I know I don't post that much but I really wanted to get more peoples views on how they thought this was going to play out for the year?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »
 :Wha:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »
what if we win the Big 12 with another loss cpc?  what does your advanced algorithm say about that scenario? 

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
what if we win the Big 12 with another loss cpc?  what does your advanced algorithm say about that scenario?

That means we'd have a shared championship in the BigXII.  In that case, multiple BigXII teams would be in the CFB. :whistle1:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
do u even one true champion, bro

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »
I know I don't post that much but I really wanted to get more peoples views on how they thought this was going to play out for the year?

We'll probably have at least one more loss, maybe two.  Still hope to be one of the one true champions tho...  :crossfingers:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:29:52 AM »

We'll probably have at least one more loss, maybe two.  Still hope to be one of the one true champions tho...  :crossfingers:
Stand Up for the Champions.... Does this mean stand up for all of the various one true co-champion teams or all of the players on the championship team being a group of champions, collectively.

I'm kind of confused about this but,  :lynchmob: and :tsc:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »

Stand Up for the Champions.... Does this mean stand up for all of the various one true co-champion teams or all of the players on the championship team being a group of champions, collectively.

I'm kind of confused about this but,  :lynchmob: and :tsc:

its a point of view thing

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
If there are co-champions, the BigXII should field a team consisting of champion players from the various co-champion teams.  Thereby, the BigXII would field a "one true champion" caliber team.  I don't see how this couldn't work and it would totally be within the legal bounds set by the BigXII "one true champion" mindset.

I know what you guys are thinking.   :adored:  I should be the freakin' BigXII commissioner.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 10:05:14 AM »

That means we'd have a shared championship in the BigXII.  In that case, multiple BigXII teams would be in the CFB. :whistle1:

How do you figure that?

not even sure why I asked you

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »

How do you figure that?

If we had 1 loss in the BigXII, let's say it's to TCU, then KSU and TCU would share the BigXII Championship.  Like happened with us and OU in 2012.  And since the BigXII is just the most coolest awesome-est kick-ass-est conference in the universe, all the BigXII co-champions would make it to the CFB.  If the SEC thinks they can get multiple teams into the CFB, the BigXII should think the same.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 11:59:34 AM »
Grumblings that bshea85 and catpridechi are both waks socks.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »
this thread is worth the premium rate
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »

How do you figure that?

If we had 1 loss in the BigXII, let's say it's to TCU, then KSU and TCU would share the BigXII Championship.  Like happened with us and OU in 2012.  And since the BigXII is just the most coolest awesome-est kick-ass-est conference in the universe, all the BigXII co-champions would make it to the CFB.  If the SEC thinks they can get multiple teams into the CFB, the BigXII should think the same.

Pretty bold assumption that TCU won't lose again. If there is a tie for the conference championship it will be at 7-2

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 01:08:24 PM »
Pretty bold assumption that TCU won't lose again. If there is a tie for the conference championship it will be at 7-2

I agree. This conference looks like its going to beat each other up and knock itself out of the CFP. TCU, OU, WVU BU, and us are all good teams.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 01:35:44 PM »

I agree. This conference looks like its going to beat each other up and knock itself out of the CFP. TCU, OU, WVU BU, and us are all good teams.
Why in the world other than ESPN talking heads would think WVU is any good?  Because they beat a shitty OSU?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 01:38:29 PM »
You know they just beat Baylor, right?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 01:48:03 PM »
I'm still think of Baylor as a losing team(bottom dweller), that I completely forgot about them being good.  My bad... :blush:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
I'm still think of Baylor as a losing team(bottom dweller), that I completely forgot about them being good.  My bad... :blush:
No worries, katdaddy. They also played bama and OU close. They'll be a test on the road on a Thursday night.  :)