Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 289446 times)

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #1525 on: October 21, 2014, 01:42:13 PM »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 21, 2014, 04:45:51 PM »

The following MIGHT get three SEC teams in:
Undefeated Miss State loses to two loss UGA in SEC champ game, Auburn/Ole Miss remains with one loss
One loss Ole Miss wins SEC Champ game, Auburn AND Miss State remain with one loss (here Ole Miss beats [at the time] undefeated Miss State in Egg Bowl, Auburn wins out).  This could also be Auburn winning the SEC Champ game, I don't know how the tie-breaker would work out.

the SEC added a new tie breaker for 2014, it will come down to the record of the cross divsional opponents - Bama may finally get the short end due to the sanctity of the 3rd Saturday in October or whatever it is. 
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/sec-has-a-new-tiebreaker-rule-that-could-be-massive-100914

But prolly not because :
An Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss State triangle of 1 loss teams + Georgia winning a close SEC title game + FSU losing a game to a garbage ACC team = All ESS EEE CEE PLAYOFF PAUL!

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 21, 2014, 08:54:06 PM »

The following MIGHT get three SEC teams in:
Undefeated Miss State loses to two loss UGA in SEC champ game, Auburn/Ole Miss remains with one loss
One loss Ole Miss wins SEC Champ game, Auburn AND Miss State remain with one loss (here Ole Miss beats [at the time] undefeated Miss State in Egg Bowl, Auburn wins out).  This could also be Auburn winning the SEC Champ game, I don't know how the tie-breaker would work out.

the SEC added a new tie breaker for 2014, it will come down to the record of the cross divsional opponents - Bama may finally get the short end due to the sanctity of the 3rd Saturday in October or whatever it is. 
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/sec-has-a-new-tiebreaker-rule-that-could-be-massive-100914

But prolly not because :
An Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss State triangle of 1 loss teams + Georgia winning a close SEC title game + FSU losing a game to a garbage ACC team = All ESS EEE CEE PLAYOFF PAUL!

OOOOOHHHHH.    MAAAAAAAAA.     GAAAAAAAAWWWWD.  PAUL!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: October 26, 2014, 02:04:03 AM »
LSU sucks this year
But did us a solid. :D

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: October 26, 2014, 07:46:54 AM »
I still think LSU sucks.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 26, 2014, 07:58:55 AM »
LSU sucks this year

Not really. At least not in the short run.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 26, 2014, 08:34:59 AM »
Those SEC west teams are going to cannibalize each other as well.

Well, yeah, but in the process, they'll all rack up wins over top 5 teams.  The conference is pegged against itself.  Like, LSU, who sucks, will be a top 10 team after the Ole Miss win. 

A 2 loss SEC west team will be in the playoff after the cannibalization is done.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 26, 2014, 09:34:23 AM »
LSU sucks this year

Not really. At least not in the short run.
Was nice to supplement the Royals game.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 26, 2014, 10:31:03 AM »

Those SEC west teams are going to cannibalize each other as well.

Well, yeah, but in the process, they'll all rack up wins over top 5 teams.  The conference is pegged against itself.  Like, LSU, who sucks, will be a top 10 team after the Ole Miss win. 

A 2 loss SEC west team will be in the playoff after the cannibalization is done.

Not if there are other BCS 1 loss teams out there.

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 26, 2014, 10:36:28 AM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 26, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »
steve dave, do you think there are 5 SEC teams better than the best Big 12 team?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 26, 2014, 10:44:09 PM »
"Well you hit rock bottom when K-STATE BEATS YOU 23-0."  :curse:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/no-11-kansas-state-routs-texas-23-0-in-big-12/ar-BBbaCvI

Do you know how to properly use quotes?
It's not their quote, it's paraphrased.  Did you even read or watch the vid?  You don't have to answer, because you glanced at it and came up with the helpful question that doesn't pertain to the subject.  But what else you anyone expect from self claimed board genius MIR.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 26, 2014, 10:44:44 PM »
steve dave, do you think there are 5 SEC teams better than the best Big 12 team?
http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=347850819773

This didn't do much for TCU.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 26, 2014, 11:52:42 PM »

is kstate the best big 12 team? auburn is sitting in 4th position in the SEC West at the moment and beat KState on the road so i don't think it is unfathomable.

The Big Train

« Reply #1540 on: October 27, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »
can you guys imagine being the sak guy, what a treat, would love to go on the job search journey with this guy.  would not surprise me if he was applying for VP jobs and stuff, hell, president and CEO applications have already gone out im sure.  the world is just his playground, center of the universe.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 27, 2014, 01:38:49 AM »
can you guys imagine being the sak guy, what a treat, would love to go on the job search journey with this guy.  would not surprise me if he was applying for VP jobs and stuff, hell, president and CEO applications have already gone out im sure.  the world is just his playground, center of the universe.

have any big 12 teams beaten any of the top 5 SEC teams (auburn, alabama, georgia, ole miss, mississippi state)?
i know a couple of the upper tier big 12 teams have tried and failed.

seriously, care to explain why it's such an unfathomable thought? or would you just like to continue sticking your head in the sand?

the massey ratings which is a composite of close to 100 rankings have 5 SEC teams ranked higher than the highest ranked Big 12 team (TCU at #8) and 6 ahead of Kansas State (who is #11)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 27, 2014, 01:52:29 AM »
Right now, I'd say 3 to 4 SEC teams are better than anything the Big 12 has to offer.  I think Georgia would finish no better than 4th in the Big 12, and we have no idea how good Alabama is yet because of their schedule, but I think Alabama would certainly be up there competing for a Dr. Pepper B12 title.

The problem is none of the Big 12's top 3 teams (TCU/KSU/Baylor) beat anybody worthwhile in the OOC.  The best OOC win between the three of us is TCU's blowout of Minnesota, an extremely average Big 10 team.  We went toe-to-toe with Auburn, which is impressive, no doubt, but Auburn is just another really good SEC team, along with the Mississippis, and (probably) Bama. 

Aside from Georgia (whose resume at this point, is poor compared to the rest of the top 12 outside of Michigan State and Notre Dame), I have no problem with the SEC's rankings.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:57:12 AM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 27, 2014, 04:51:15 AM »
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/10/26/7072555/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-2014

lol @ thinking we're going to finish 4th while OU finishes 2nd (and Baylor 5th?). Logic.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 27, 2014, 05:14:18 AM »
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/10/26/7072555/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-2014

lol @ thinking we're going to finish 4th while OU finishes 2nd (and Baylor 5th?). Logic.

it uses some pretty dumb assumptions... namely "the sec champion will be no worse than 2nd; that's just the way it is"

sorry, but if mississippi state goes 12-0 and then loses a 1 point game to georgia who has losses to say... south carolina, auburn, and georgia tech... then georgia is not going to be that high.

and why on earth is michigan state in there? shouldn't we wait for them to beat a 2nd team in the top 70 before we call them playoff bound?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: October 27, 2014, 09:24:16 AM »

have any big 12 teams beaten any of the top 5 SEC teams (auburn, alabama, georgia, ole miss, mississippi state)?

seriously, care to explain why it's such an unfathomable thought? or would you just like to continue sticking your head in the sand?

the massey ratings which is a composite of close to 100 rankings have 5 SEC teams ranked higher than the highest ranked Big 12 team (TCU at #8) and 6 ahead of Kansas State (who is #11)

Oklahoma smoked Alabama in a bowl game last year. OU is a little bit better than they were last season and Alabama is quite a bit worse.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 27, 2014, 11:52:11 AM »

Oklahoma smoked Alabama in a bowl game last year. OU is a little bit better than they were last season and Alabama is quite a bit worse.

oklahoma is better than they were last year? based on what? alabama is worse? based on what?

and just for what its worth (and i hate alabama and loved watching them lose to oklahoma) but alabama had the ball in the last 2 minutes of the game with a chance to tie or take the lead. they outgained oklahoma. so if oklahoma "smoked" alabama... what did auburn do to kansas state this season? neuter them? obliterate them?

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 27, 2014, 11:53:36 AM »

oklahoma is better than they were last year? based on what? alabama is worse? based on what?

and just for what its worth (and i hate alabama and loved watching them lose to oklahoma) but alabama had the ball in the last 2 minutes of the game with a chance to tie or take the lead. they outgained oklahoma. so if oklahoma "smoked" alabama... what did auburn do to kansas state this season? neuter them? obliterate them?

outgained is such a rough ridin' simpleton stat

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 27, 2014, 11:57:58 AM »

outgained is such a rough ridin' simpleton stat

i don't disagree, but it's pretty rare for a team outgain their opponent and "get smoked". it can happen, but it typically takes an unusual set of circumstances given turnovers, special teams, 3rd down play, and/or penalties to get it to happen.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 27, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »
People need to shut up about the Mississippis and Auburn.  They're good and they've proven it against good competition.

Alabama and K-State's schedule so far has basically been a wash, so whatever.  If you're dead set on complaining about overrated SEC teams, stick with Georgia, and to a lesser degree Alabama (only because they're ranked SO much higher than K-State).

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]