Author Topic: Frank  (Read 34664 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 10:33:53 AM »
The Traject-O-Meter was headed down for Frank, that's why he bailed, and it's heading down for oscar.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 10:35:37 AM »
Frank lost a lot of big 12 games he had no business in losing. Iowa State and Oklahoma State at home, etc. I'm not so sure Frank would have won the conference that year, but I know you love him Trim & hate oscar, so do what you want.

Don't talk to me.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »
I'm not arguing the direction the program was heading under Frank and whether he should still be here.  All I'm saying is Wacky's belief that Weber is better than Frank because of one Big12 title is crap because Frank's best season was better than Weber's best to date.  And that team was much better and was more likely to make a run, just look at their seeding.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:37 AM »
Frank lost a lot of big 12 games he had no business in losing. Iowa State and Oklahoma State at home, etc. I'm not so sure Frank would have won the conference that year, but I know you love him Trim & hate oscar, so do what you want.

Don't talk to me.
Jesus, you're the worst.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 10:38:12 AM »
The Traject-O-Meter was headed down for Frank, that's why he bailed, and it's heading down for oscar.

yeah and it sucks. this sucks.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 10:39:06 AM »
I'm not arguing the direction the program was heading under Frank and whether he should still be here.  All I'm saying is Wacky's belief that Weber is better than Frank because of one Big12 title is crap because Frank's best season was better than Weber's best to date.  And that team was much better and was more likely to make a run, just look at their seeding.
I never said Weber was better. I think this program was on the decline, whether it was Frank here or Weber.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:11 AM »
I never said Weber was better.

Frank = loser
Weber-Big 12 Titles- 1> Frank-Big 12 Titles- 0
:ck:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »
I stated that Weber had won a conference and has been winning, while Frank Martin has been getting his crap kicked in. Not much else to see here.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 10:55:22 AM »
 :lol:

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »
It took a fluke loss (KU @WVU) for Weber to "earn" his Big XII Championship because he couldn't earn it with his coaching or by winning.

oscar's excuse on why this year's team is a shitshow should be because Frank didn't recruit well enough.  I like it.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
Both of oscar's teams have had the worst starts in like 10+ years.  Does anyone feel like this team will rattle off 10 straight wins this year?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »
It took a fluke loss (KU @WVU) for Weber to "earn" his Big XII Championship because he couldn't earn it with his coaching or by winning.

oscar's excuse on why this year's team is a shitshow should be because Frank didn't recruit well enough.  I like it.
It was actually @Baylor, but yeah, you got this crap.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 11:52:10 AM »
Hating on oscar for what this team is doing now is warranted and deserved, but discounting a league title for your own school because you don't like the coach seems really dumb.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »
Hating on oscar for what this team is doing now is warranted and deserved, but discounting a league title for your own school because you don't like the coach seems really dumb.
That might be the saddest thing about all of this.  The best two years in 'modern' KSU BBall are downplayed from either side.  The ones who dislike Frank crap on the elite 8 run, and those who bemoan the hiring of oscar run down the league title.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 12:15:58 PM »
Big XII Championship was fun for me because I started to think that oscar may not drive this thing into the ground. Now that it looks like we're completely crumbling, that season has lost some of its luster for me personally. I'm not going to trash that season, it was fun at the time, but I don't think it will be remembered nearly as fondly as the E8 run.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
THIS!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »
That might be the saddest thing about all of this.  The best two years in 'modern' KSU BBall are downplayed from either side.  The ones who dislike Frank crap on the elite 8 run, and those who bemoan the hiring of oscar run down the league title.

Yeah, its strange. I guess I'm one of the few that count the Elite 8 and the Big 12 title as the best 2 K-State basketball seasons I've experienced. To me K-State basketball has always been bigger than the coach whether I like him or not. I really liked Frank a lot and the brand he meant for K-State while he was here and it was a lot of fun, but he's never coming back. Granted, I'll pay more attention to what he does than some other SEC basketball coach, but I'm not going to care that much either way about his successes or failures.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
oscar and Frank both have obvious flaws. I think at the end of the day they are similar quality in coaching and both are going to be super dependent on who their assistants are.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »
Both the league title and elite 8 run have gotten us jack @%#$

I mean eff, ART LEFT after a title.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 02:44:01 PM »

What does winning anything get us?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2014, 02:47:05 PM »

What does winning anything get us?

The Big 12 'ship got us a really fun night of partying.  That was a very mood-swingy day.  Plus, Titletown.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2014, 02:57:44 PM »
winning gets me excited, and i can tell you the E8 run was more fun than the conference champy, but i enjoyed both tremendously and would enjoy either one if it happened again

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 04:42:39 PM »

Yeah, its strange. I guess I'm one of the few that count the Elite 8 and the Big 12 title as the best 2 K-State basketball seasons I've experienced. To me K-State basketball has always been bigger than the coach whether I like him or not. I really liked Frank a lot and the brand he meant for K-State while he was here and it was a lot of fun, but he's never coming back. Granted, I'll pay more attention to what he does than some other SEC basketball coach, but I'm not going to care that much either way about his successes or failures.

I don't think we should downplay either of those two years, we should just understand them for what they are. The E8 run was the best year of Kansas State basketball since 1988 even though we may have not won the conf. title. Weber's conf. title year was awesome, but it was Frank's talent, which is why it is tough to swallow as we now experience the decline of the Weber controlled program.

We all know Frank is not coming back, but that is not the point. The point is that our AD mumped this up.

Frank's ceiling at KSU was higher than oscar's is. I just don't see how that can be argued any other way, at least if you have a decent understanding of what is necessary to win in Manhattan. Some of you are just damn fools and I've accepted that - obviously, _fan and chingon not included in this category.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2014, 04:48:08 PM »
Frank peaked. He was declining and he still is. Enjoy it for what it was.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »

I don't think we should downplay either of those two years, we should just understand them for what they are. The E8 run was the best year of Kansas State basketball since 1988 even though we may have not won the conf. title. Weber's conf. title year was awesome, but it was Frank's talent, which is why it is tough to swallow as we now experience the decline of the Weber controlled program.

We all know Frank is not coming back, but that is not the point. The point is that our AD mumped this up.

Frank's ceiling at KSU was higher than oscar's is. I just don't see how that can be argued any other way, at least if you have a decent understanding of what is necessary to win in Manhattan. Some of you are just damn fools and I've accepted that - obviously, _fan and chingon not included in this category.

Absolutely false, Frank and Underwood were a high floor staff. They could handle a lot of roster turnover really well. Underwood is a big part of the equation.