Re: Frank
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 07:38:10 PM »
Omg commando frank

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 07:42:02 PM »
I don't have a problem with anyone who dislikes Frank. The biggest reason anyone here ever liked him is that he was at K-State. That reason no longer holds. And there are reasons not to like him. For example, his abusiveness is pretty much indefensible.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 07:59:38 PM »
Because he is undieless! Lol

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 08:37:20 PM »
Frank = loser
Weber-Big 12 Titles- 1> Frank-Big 12 Titles- 0

pfft...  Big 12 BB titles are worthless unless part of a Titletown trifecta.  I would trade 5 for 1 tourny run like we had in 2010.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 10:32:22 PM »
The Frank hate on this board always makes me laugh.

Bunch of people think he's a bum that didn't deserve to coach, but are mad when he leaves. 

Maybe he he was unhappy because the guy is a competitor and wants to see what could happen if he gets players elsewhere?  You only get to live life once.  You're not going to get to go follow Huggins and coach Beasley again.  Some people don't like dealing with Currie for 5 years and don't care what a bunch of anonymous internet trolls think.

Currie and the rest of you should just forget about Frank.  If he's as horrible as everyone has been saying for weeks then I don't see how he is even relevant in the discussion at k-state.

Hey man I think it's only like dax, wacky, and steffy :dunno:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 10:42:43 PM »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 12:45:59 AM »

Bunch of people think he's a bum that didn't deserve to coach, but are mad when he leaves. 

Maybe he he was unhappy because the guy is a competitor and wants to see what could happen if he gets players elsewhere?  You only get to live life once.  You're not going to get to go follow Huggins and coach Beasley again.  Some people don't like dealing with Currie for 5 years and don't care what a bunch of anonymous internet trolls think.

Currie and the rest of you should just forget about Frank.  If he's as horrible as everyone has been saying for weeks then I don't see how he is even relevant in the discussion at k-state.

That's some guy on the phog talking about connor frankamp. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 01:24:15 AM »

That's some guy on the phog talking about connor frankamp.

:ROFL:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 06:27:15 AM »
He rages just as much and maybe more because they suck. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 07:13:56 AM »
I don't hate Frank, I am just amazed on how much adulation the guy gets on this board when he didn't put a single trophy of significance in the trophy case.   His tenure was slightly above Lon Kruger's tenure, and unlike Lon he walked into the head coaches offices and sat down with Mike Beasley and Bill Walker sitting on the other side of the desk courtesy of Bob Huggins.   At the end, his recruiting absolutely blew.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 07:24:18 AM »
dax, he coached the best basketball teams of 90% of this board's lifetimes as fans and did so in a personally and nationally-exciting and energizing manner

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 07:54:39 AM »
dax, he coached the best basketball teams of 90% of this board's lifetimes as fans and did so in a personally and nationally-exciting and energizing manner

This is true and then he did what nearly every coach at K-State has done whenever they had their "pinnacle" season . . . didn't build it on it, and wanted even more money.   20-14 in conference play the next 2 years, finishing 3rd and 5th.   Oh, but he coached in an "exciting manner".

Once again, here's the list of "outstanding" recruits Frank compiled coming off his pinnacle season:

Juevol "Franked" Myles, Freddy "Franked" Asprilla, Shane "slightly above average" Southwell, Will "White Lightning" Spradling, Nino "kinda always lost" Williams, Adrian "but he's got upside!" Diaz, Thomas "pretty good" Gipson, Jeremy "Franked (or was it oscar'd) Jones, Omari "the flailer" Lawrence, Angel "ArT . . . the FP" Rodriquez,  James "Franken oscar'd" Watson.

So one truly legit high major stud, one serviceable mid to high major semi-stud, and then a bunch of guys who at best were low D1 or Washburn types. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 08:20:02 AM »
USC is still dogshit and won't make the tourney, so there's that.'Grats Frank, you might get these guys to sniff the tourney within 6 years. :slowclap:

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 08:24:27 AM »

This is true and then he did what nearly every coach at K-State has done whenever they had their "pinnacle" season . . . didn't build it on it, and wanted even more money.   20-14 in conference play the next 2 years, finishing 3rd and 5th.   Oh, but he coached in an "exciting manner".

Once again, here's the list of "outstanding" recruits Frank compiled coming off his pinnacle season:

Juevol "Franked" Myles, Freddy "Franked" Asprilla, Shane "slightly above average" Southwell, Will "White Lightning" Spradling, Nino "kinda always lost" Williams, Adrian "but he's got upside!" Diaz, Thomas "pretty good" Gipson, Jeremy "Franked (or was it oscar'd) Jones, Omari "the flailer" Lawrence, Angel "ArT . . . the FP" Rodriquez,  James "Franken oscar'd" Watson.

So one truly legit high major stud, one serviceable mid to high major semi-stud, and then a bunch of guys who at best were low D1 or Washburn types. 

Yep
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 08:54:15 AM »
Frank = loser

pfft...  Big 12 BB titles are worthless unless part of a Titletown trifecta.  I would trade 5 for 1 tourny run like we had in 2010.
You're extremely dumb.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 08:56:12 AM »
I don't hate frank. I think he's a hypocritical jackass, but I don't hate him.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
Before I blow a gasket, I wnat to state I am excited Weber is our coach.  He is more like the great coaches of the past at KSU.  I think his upside value is far greater than Frank.  Frank was kept so Beasley and other Huggins recruits would stay.  There is work to be done yet this year that might get done since we have a coach who knows the college game instead of a dynamic hollerer and cusser. Weber has had to deal with transfers and injuries, and has done well.  I miss Angel more.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 10:12:04 AM »
Frank = loser

You're extremely dumb.

Which season would you choose?

1) Big12 co-champ, #4 seed, first round loss
2) Big12 runner up, #2 seed, elite 8, winning one if the greatest tourney games in a decade

Option 2 was several times more enjoyable and satisfying as a fan, so I would trade several of the Option 1 seasons to get it.  I can't imagine that I'm in the minority on this.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 10:15:21 AM »
That elite 8's fumes have ran out. He was declining after that and losing the players that kept him relevant for getting hired. We hang big 12 championship banners, so I'll definitely take that. Frank hasn't done crap at USC and somehow ppl on here are still drooling over him. Get over it!

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 10:18:03 AM »
I don't know, Wacky. Those games and that run were magic. I want a final 4 so bad. I don't even care about Big 12 titles anymore.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 10:23:23 AM »
Frank = loser

You're extremely dumb.

Which season would you choose?

1) Big12 co-champ, #4 seed, first round loss
2) Big12 runner up, #2 seed, elite 8, winning one if the greatest tourney games in a decade

Option 2 was several times more enjoyable and satisfying as a fan, so I would trade several of the Option 1 seasons to get it.  I can't imagine that I'm in the minority on this.

I'm sure a lot of dumbasses would agree with that.  The problem is just that it's a false ultimatum.  It is a completely contrived scenario with no possible application in Realville, where Rush and the rest of us live.  To illustrate the point, let me ask this question.  On balance, which of these two teams has a better chance of making a deep tornament run?

Team A - Won or shared the Big 12 conference title.  Beat as many or more conference teams than anyone else did in a true round robin format.

Team B - Did not win or share the Big 12 conference title.  Lost more conference games than one or more other teams did in a true round robin format. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 10:26:07 AM »
 :clap:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 10:30:45 AM »
We'd have won the big 12 'ship in frank's first year of exile regardless of coach.  The only reason we didn't win it outright was oscar giving sprads minutes over martavious in the stillwater game.

Both big 12 'ships and deep tourney runs are products of putting good players on the court.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »

So pretty much until 2009-10 is equaled or surpassed, for fans like me, it will be their favorite team in KSU hoops history. Frank was the coach. He was hilarious and pissed off other fans.

I'd love another coach to give us a 2010ish season, maybe even 2 of them.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 10:33:29 AM »
Frank lost a lot of big 12 games he had no business in losing. Iowa State and Oklahoma State at home, etc. I'm not so sure Frank would have won the conference that year, but I know you love him Trim & hate oscar, so do what you want.