Author Topic: Does Anyone Still Care Enough To Force The AD To Fire oscar?  (Read 13538 times)

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Does Anyone Still Care Enough To Force The AD To Fire oscar?
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »
If memory serves.  $1.8 million this year, $100K increase every year, contract runs through 2018, $500K bonus if he makes through 2017.

$2.5 million dollar or sum of the remaining term of the contract whichever is LESS.

Figure out when the "less" kicks in, you may have a guide.

That made me sadz.
Did we get any money when Frank left?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 01:47:43 PM »
I'm going to wait until after Saturday's game before i go full tilt #BID.  Last year, we looked like crap for first part of the season, then beat Gonzaga.  The year before that we looked like crap for the first part of the season, then beat Florida.  This game against A&M is at the same point in the season as Gonzaga and Florida.

Maybe it's some weird oscar thing that we can't get our crap together until late December.  I know the prior year's results have nothing to do with this season, but I have to hold onto something.

I think we should also explore changing the name of the board again.  Maybe bring back "put a track around the court......".  Or, maybe something to do with the "Hilo blues".  For example: "K-State baseketball, a pandemic of the Hilo blues".

oscar is the worst in the conference at implementing his system, we are always going to suck in the noncon. oscar also did a rough ridin' awful job of scheduling this year. We really don't have a terrible losses yet. Just missed opportunities, really have put the Texas A&M game in the must win territory. Really think the season is more up in the air  than perceived.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 01:49:19 PM »
oscar Weber ruined my winter.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 02:06:19 PM »
oscar Weber ruined my winter.

So far, this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
If memory serves.  $1.8 million this year, $100K increase every year, contract runs through 2018, $500K bonus if he makes through 2017.

$2.5 million dollar or sum of the remaining term of the contract whichever is LESS.

Figure out when the "less" kicks in, you may have a guide.

That made me sadz.
Did we get any money when Frank left?

Yes and I believe Frank made the last payment in FY 2014.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 02:17:07 PM »
For the most part, no one gaf about basketball but I think we have a few important donors who do actually care.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2014, 02:18:31 PM »
In all honesty, Frank's teams were pretty similar in the OOC (save 09-10), they just never played in a tournament the same level as Maui.

Also people were rough ridin' pissed about it. Someone pull up the archives after the Ole Miss game in PR.

Yeah, Frank had a couple of #BID OOC stretches before #BID was cool. George Mason and Oregon in 08. Kentucky, Iowa, Oregon in 09. 

And there is nothing like a nice FT% meltdown.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »
If we go 3-15 in conference, I think a lot of people will care, and there would be a lot of grumblings.  I can't imagine anyone standing for that.  Even the tuckiest of tucks.

No one gave a crap about Savannah St.  A Sunday evening game against a crappy team.....who cares.  I don't think attendance would have been that much more if we were undefeated. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »
yeah because attendance isn't a good measure of interest or lack thereof  :rolleyes:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »
Even during Frank's years the attendance was shitty during xmas break and slightly there before.  I wasn't there last night, but if 3K is accurate, that seems low even for this time of yr.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 02:46:25 PM »
Even during Frank's years the attendance was shitty during xmas break and slightly there before.  I wasn't there last night, but if 3K is accurate, that seems low even for this time of yr.

surely someone on this board went yesterday?

K-State Sports announced attendance of 12,266 (paid)

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2014, 02:49:47 PM »
yeah because attendance isn't a good measure of interest or lack thereof  :rolleyes:

I'm quite confident that people were uninterested in Savannah St. more than they were uninterested in KSU basketball.  Had we played any team from a P5 conference I would bet there would have been more people there.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »

I'm quite confident that people were uninterested in Savannah St. more than they were uninterested in KSU basketball.  Had we played any team from a P5 conference I would bet there would have been more people there.

yeah probably had nothing to do with how unwatchable we've been

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2014, 03:08:52 PM »
guys, I don't care at all about attendance or the sav st game. I'm talking about the general lack of anyone caring about kstate basketball right now. like, maybe it's just me and I'm projecting my not caring at all on everyone else but message boarding and twittering seems to be really apathetic in general.

Offline oodfan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »

surely someone on this board went yesterday?

K-State Sports announced attendance of 12,266 (paid)
I was there.  3K is probably a good ball park.  Got soaked from the walk in.  Sitting with wet clothes to watch that.  Good times!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2014, 03:14:13 PM »
remember when Huggy used to call out our fans?  that was before we even went to the tourney once.  Now we've got a pretty good run going, and if oscar tried calling out the fans, it would just be sad/funny.

#depressing

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2014, 03:23:49 PM »
guys, I don't care at all about attendance or the sav st game. I'm talking about the general lack of anyone caring about kstate basketball right now. like, maybe it's just me and I'm projecting my not caring at all on everyone else but message boarding and twittering seems to be really apathetic in general.

K-State basketball games have pretty much always been the highlight of my week. This even applied to the Wooly/Asbury/Altman years. I can't remember a season where I missed watching/attending/listening to more than one game. I turned the game off during the second half of the Pitt game and haven't watched an entire game since then.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »
remember when Huggy used to call out our fans?  that was before we even went to the tourney once.  Now we've got a pretty good run going, and if oscar tried calling out the fans, it would just be sad/funny.

#depressing

oscar is just happy to be here! And who can blame him!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2014, 03:36:49 PM »
I'm finding that once it's been ruined for you and you stop caring for a significant period of time, you really can't get back to where you were before.  It just isn't as fun.  Maybe they have to get really good again. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2014, 03:41:52 PM »
K-State is already reverting back to being a football school. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »
It was really nice out Sunday and I went for a drive.  I flipped the game on radio and instantly heard "nice play by Vulture" like 2-3 minutes into the game, and immediately flipped back to the Seahawks game in time to hear Marshawn punch in the go-ahead TD.

Stopped by the mailbox when I got home and found another hoops ticket solicitation.

Cued up the game on DVR at night and next thing I knew I realized it was halftime and I hadn't really watched any of it while bbs'n and read'n.

But I'll be happy to pile on if somebody who cares gives the AD a bunch of crap about #oscar.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2014, 03:55:43 PM »
maybe for another thread, but can we talk about how embarrassing it is when Vulture does something positive (taking a charge) and celebrates like he just won the lottery.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2014, 03:58:06 PM »
K-State is already reverting back to being a football school.

We've been a football school since Asbury, always will be from now on. Even when Frank had it going, we were still a football school to most fans.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »
We our oddly 17 rankings ahead of where we were last year at this time in kenpom.... interesting.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »
I'm very apathetic about K-State basketball.  I haven't been this apathetic since Asbury years.  I don't check the schedule to see when they are playing, and if I know that they are playing I don't care to watch.  I'm embarrassed to admit all this but it feels good to say it to others.  It's not just that we are 6-4 or whatever, but it's how the team plays.  To me it seems like the simple fundamentals of bball does not exist with this team.  Hell even Frank got pissed over lack of rebounding and turnovers.  Also, oscar is really boring.  I still love my Cats and want them to win every game.  I'm just meh right now.  How can I get rid of the meh feeling?  Am I still  on my down from the Royals? 

Remember when K-State bball used to have a lot of adorable players?  Remember the Junkyard Cats?  This team has no personality.  rough ridin' Hodor Hodor all over the place.  I don't even have Spradling to be mad at anymore.   :frown: 

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.