Author Topic: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread  (Read 313648 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 19, 2014, 11:30:45 PM »
What the hell is a steffy?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 19, 2014, 11:50:25 PM »
thread scares me
emaw

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2014, 12:34:19 AM »
my imo:  joel klatt is way hotter than scott frost.  it isn't even close. 

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 20, 2014, 09:01:21 AM »
I was looking through some Big 12 stats this week and noticed we're #1 (by a large margin) in points allowed in the conference. Our defense is surely salty.

I'm not saying we push Hays out. Tom has become that old guy who talks to any random people that will listen at restaurants, HyVee, etc. He won't shut up about being ready to retire and slow down.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 20, 2014, 09:11:13 AM »
What is the legitimate possibility of landing a current NFL coach? There are some coaches that are struggling at the level due to poor management. They could get a reprieve with such a great and supportive fan base in Manhattan. Or is that a huge step down?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 20, 2014, 09:13:32 AM »
What is the legitimate possibility of landing a current NFL coach? There are some coaches that are struggling at the level due to poor management. They could get a reprieve with such a great and supportive fan base in Manhattan. Or is that a huge step down?

We just won't know until we ask.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 20, 2014, 09:15:33 AM »
I don't understand people being scared about discussing this stuff. the facts are that Bill and a lot of our coaching staff are super, super old. we could be in a coaching search (one of the funnest things in all of message boarding) at any moment. Bill retiring isn't that scary to me because I know it will be super fun to look for a new coach and I've prepared myself for it. did you guys see how cluttered his office is? do you think he's looking forward to relocating all of that stuff to some trailer or whatever for an entire year when they knock his home to the ground this winter? you know what old people love? change. they thrive on being outside of their routine and moving to temporary locations for an entire year while their new home (that they didn't get as much say in designing as they wanted) is built.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2014, 09:27:11 AM »
 :horrorsurprise: I hadn't thought about the possibility of a "We're moving grandpa to a home" type moment this winter. :frown:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 20, 2014, 09:33:46 AM »
I think it's okay to be scared. That completely irrelevant feeling that were the prince years...I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone except a lot of people.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 20, 2014, 09:35:59 AM »
I didn't enjoy the coaching search when it ended with Weber but otherwise yes super fun.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:35 AM »
My first few years as a die hard fan were the Ron Prince years. It was frustrating, but it taught me to enjoy the little things. I got to see Jordy Nelson fight for yards after little 2 yard dump passes. I got to see a defensive lineman break his collarbone trying to tackle Josh Freeman in the non-con. I got to whip a stupid towel at games and almost got to witness that sweet Willie guitar thing on a regular basis.

The truth is that the bad times help us appreciate the great ones. I often wish we could be perennial powerhouses till the end of time, but K-State's story has always been overcoming adversity. That lesson is a great one, not only for Bill's youngsters, but also for all the youngsters in the stands.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 20, 2014, 09:44:02 AM »
we are 3 games from sharing another Dr. Pepper and no one is really excited, that's how good we have it now.  so yeah, you should be scared.  sure coaching searches are fun, whatever, until you get a guy that doesn't win as much as you'd like.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 20, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »
then you hire another coach that does win a lot. KSU fans need to quite being defeatist losers. there is nothing stopping us from being awesome with another coach.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 20, 2014, 09:53:07 AM »

My first few years as a die hard fan were the Ron Prince years. It was frustrating, but it taught me to enjoy the little things. I got to see Jordy Nelson fight for yards after little 2 yard dump passes. I got to see a defensive lineman break his collarbone trying to tackle Josh Freeman in the non-con. I got to whip a stupid towel at games and almost got to witness that sweet Willie guitar thing on a regular basis.

The truth is that the bad times help us appreciate the great ones. I often wish we could be perennial powerhouses till the end of time, but K-State's story has always been overcoming adversity. That lesson is a great one, not only for Bill's youngsters, but also for all the youngsters in the stands.

That's the old days pops, we are now a big dick college football power with top 20 facilities.  We should be playing for the conf every season

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 20, 2014, 10:13:16 AM »
then you hire another coach that does win a lot. KSU fans need to quite being defeatist losers. there is nothing stopping us from being awesome with another coach.

i'm just going off of the hires Currie has made thus far, and the internal candidates we have.  that, and I don't want the Snyder era to end.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 20, 2014, 10:19:59 AM »
Would a Gronk bro want to come coach little Gronk? I vote that. #family
:adios:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 20, 2014, 11:17:01 AM »

i'm just going off of the hires Currie has made thus far, and the internal candidates we have.  that, and I don't want the Snyder era to end.

I don't think anything he has done indicates what type of hire he will make in football.  I do not think Currie will fill the position internally.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 20, 2014, 11:24:46 AM »

I don't think anything he has done indicates what type of hire he will make in football.  I do not think Currie will fill the position internally.

This is all assuming that Currie sticks around after hiring Bill's replacement. It was always my understanding that replacing Bill was the first step to Currie chasing $$$ at a bigger school.

Offline KSUfaithful

• Fan
  • Why hello there
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 20, 2014, 11:32:55 AM »
I was wrong about Snyder, but no one thought he would do as well as he had. So really everyone was wrong. We're in this together.

Wefald would beg to differ. Was there any doubt??? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 20, 2014, 11:35:33 AM »
I was wrong about Snyder, but no one thought he would do as well as he had. So really everyone was wrong. We're in this together.

Wefald would beg to differ. Was there any doubt???

wefald got us in that mess to begin with. he's pretty much the worst thing to ever happen to KSU in both academics and athletics.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 20, 2014, 11:35:58 AM »
I can't even imagine how bad it would have been if he didn't have Bob Krause (enormous stud) and Pat Bosco (enormous stud) to save his ass

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2014, 11:45:13 AM »
I think Currie knows that not alot of other power 5 schools are going to seriously give him a look until he makes a solid football hire. I would be surprised if we end up with a WTF hire, due the fact that his own personal ambition is riding on the back of the Snyder replacement.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »
I can't even imagine how bad it would have been if he didn't have Bob Krause (enormous stud) and Pat Bosco (enormous stud) to save his ass
sometime the staff is more important than the head coach
[img]brucelickinghislips.gif[img]

Offline KSUfaithful

• Fan
  • Why hello there
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 20, 2014, 11:54:33 AM »

Agree that Pat Bosco is a stud. Krause was/is a tool.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 20, 2014, 11:56:03 AM »

Agree that Pat Bosco is a stud. Krause was/is a tool.

you have no idea what you're talking about.