Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 433287 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #2475 on: May 04, 2016, 04:54:00 PM »
I'm just happy all the major holidays are over until the election. I don't know if I can fake agree about Donald Trump with the fannings.  :Yuck:

i have to go to a family vacay to Myrtle Beach this summer, and my step mom's family are all from South Carolina and huge Trump supporters, its going to be fantastic.
Oh man.  :runaway:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: May 04, 2016, 05:01:05 PM »
I'm just happy all the major holidays are over until the election. I don't know if I can fake agree about Donald Trump with the fannings.  :Yuck:

Maybe he'll win and get worked into the Fanning Thanksgiving prayer.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: May 04, 2016, 05:03:21 PM »
Hillary is going to moonwalk into the oval office :lol:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: May 04, 2016, 05:31:43 PM »

i have to go to a family vacay to Myrtle Beach this summer, and my step mom's family are all from South Carolina and huge Trump supporters, its going to be fantastic.

MB in the summer  :Yuck: 

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: May 04, 2016, 05:34:51 PM »

MB in the summer  :Yuck:

yea its not ideal at all, but my step mom is from MB so my dad rents a beach house down there for a week every summer. and altho the beach sucks its better than a Kansas beach. and the people watching can be quite entertaining.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:53:37 PM by chuckjames »

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: May 04, 2016, 05:42:09 PM »

Oh man.  :runaway:

I have one Trump-supporting family member who lives in Louisiana. She's my aunt, the type of person who posts memes on Facebook such as, "Like if you think people with sagging pants should face criminal charges." Also, not incidentally, the only person I've ever unfollowed on Facebook.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: May 04, 2016, 06:10:05 PM »
I mean, you guys know I'm conservative, but I can't watch this happen. Wtf is wrong with this rough ridin' party?!

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: May 04, 2016, 06:16:09 PM »
I mean, you guys know I'm conservative, but I can't watch this happen. Wtf is wrong with this rough ridin' party?!

the party allowed dog whistle politics and accepted the racists that came along with them to win elections for too long.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: May 04, 2016, 07:18:01 PM »
Words vs actions:

Trump = perceived racism

Clinton's = oversaw one of the worst public education system states in the country which disproportionately hurts minorities,  signed into law one of the harshest criminal sentencing laws in U.S. history, a law which disproportionately hurts minorities.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: May 04, 2016, 07:43:22 PM »
Hillary is going to moonwalk into the oval office :lol:

vegas disagrees

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: May 04, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »
Looks like I'm going to have to vote for Hillary now.

You were going to vote for Cruz?

No. I might have voted for Gary Johnson but now I have to do everything I can to keep Donald out of the White House.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 04, 2016, 08:41:23 PM »
Clinton's = oversaw one of the worst public education system states in the country which disproportionately hurts minorities

Would love to hear specifics on what you think they're responsible for here, i.e. what did they cause? What did they allow to continue? What should they have done differently, and how would that have realistically changed the situation? :users:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: May 04, 2016, 08:48:10 PM »
Words vs actions:

Trump = perceived racism

Clinton's = oversaw one of the worst public education system states in the country which disproportionately hurts minorities,  signed into law one of the harshest criminal sentencing laws in U.S. history, a law which disproportionately hurts minorities.

Misogynist
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: May 04, 2016, 08:55:35 PM »
Will Trump finally denounce the KKK?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: May 04, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »
He is going to renounce and denounce tons of crap between now and November. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: May 04, 2016, 09:04:09 PM »
Clinton's = oversaw one of the worst public education system states in the country which disproportionately hurts minorities

Would love to hear specifics on what you think they're responsible for here, i.e. what did they cause? What did they allow to continue? What should they have done differently, and how would that have realistically changed the situation? :users:

LOL at SB wanting specifics now?  :lol:  First off, why did she make teachers the scapegoats for Arkansas' education problems, which she quite clearly did with her mandatory skills test?   Bill Clinton held the Arkansas legislature financial hostage on a budget deal unless they passed the teacher testing legislation.   So, you're going to attack the teachers first in a state that had historically under funded education?   Fascinating.  Of course the usual suspect publications all praise what she did. 

Then when the teachers did very poorly on the test, the Clinton's,  with eye's on even bigger prizes where they knew they need the NEA, backed off substantially, selling their own reform out. 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:08:49 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: May 04, 2016, 09:05:22 PM »
Words vs actions:

Trump = perceived racism

Misogynist

I agree, with the way Hillary et. al have attacked women who come forward to discuss their abuse at the hand (or cigar) of her husband.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: May 04, 2016, 09:21:31 PM »

LOL at SB wanting specifics now?  :lol:  First off, why did she make teachers the scapegoats for Arkansas' education problems, which she quite clearly did with her mandatory skills test?   Bill Clinton held the Arkansas legislature financial hostage on a budget deal unless they passed the teacher testing legislation.   So, you're going to attack the teachers first in a state that had historically under funded education?   Fascinating.  Of course the usual suspect publications all praise what she did. 

Then when the teachers did very poorly on the test, the Clinton's,  with eye's on even bigger prizes where they knew they need the NEA, backed off substantially, selling their own reform out.

Links plz, I wasn't really paying attention to issues relating to Arkansas' educational climate when I was 9 and in Kansas. Will read them all, though. Genuinely interested.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2493 on: May 04, 2016, 09:29:19 PM »
A lot of you missed the ass whooping Hillary took in Indiana last night. Who would have thought she'd be mired in a primary after the pub candidate?  :lol:

She isn't skating to anything. She's awkward, awful, and has opposed every position she's currently planking.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2494 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:45 PM »
I keep thinking that Trump will make this competitive, but how many Latino voters will come to the polls to vote against him in Arizona and Florida?  African-American voters in Pittsburgh and Philly?  How many Ohio soccer moms will pull that lever for Donald Trump?

You can mobilize 500k angry white people in Indiana to go vote for him in a primary, but in a general election does his support really scale?

And I'm not going to get into a debate about Hillary.  None of this, to me, is about her.  You could put a cardboard cutout of Howdy Doody up there, and people are going to debate whether or not they're really going to pull that lever for Donald Trump.

I'm still not convinced that some establishment Republicans won't throw some third party candidate out there just to siphon off some of his votes.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: May 04, 2016, 09:41:50 PM »
Aren't there enough olds and racists in Florida?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: May 04, 2016, 09:45:05 PM »
forgot about pubs running a third party to split the vote and get the congress to elect Paul Ryan.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2497 on: May 04, 2016, 09:52:36 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if more people voted against Donald than for Hillary. The dems are going to have to play more on the irrational fears of people than ever, because hillary probably couldn't inspire a vote from Bill.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: May 04, 2016, 10:09:03 PM »
I'm sadly old enough to remember when Ronald Reagan was going to start WWIII and everybody alive at the time was going to die, so that means some of you would have never been born.   When in reality, Ronnie may have turned out to be the most non interventionist president since WWII (Oh yeah, a nod to Whackadoodle who will chime in with some factoids that everyone knows about Central America, a place where more then one U.S. president has meddled).   

What about the Caribbean island he invaded that is roughly the same size as Lincoln, Nebraska? How many presidents have done that?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: May 04, 2016, 10:32:14 PM »
I'm sadly old enough to remember when Ronald Reagan was going to start WWIII and everybody alive at the time was going to die, so that means some of you would have never been born.   When in reality, Ronnie may have turned out to be the most non interventionist president since WWII (Oh yeah, a nod to Whackadoodle who will chime in with some factoids that everyone knows about Central America, a place where more then one U.S. president has meddled).   

What about the Caribbean island he invaded that is roughly the same size as Lincoln, Nebraska? How many presidents have done that?

Well, give or take you can probably start with McKinley, that is if you're talking just the Caribbean.