Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 213425 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #550 on: April 20, 2014, 02:59:18 PM »

Is negative recruiting even a thing in women's basketball?

It is when recruiting homophobe parents.

It's why female coaches frequently go over the top with religion...trying to ward off accusations of being lesbians.  "She can't be gay, she loves Jesus!"

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 20, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »
what is the definition of tampering?

i'm having trouble understanding how the former staff could "tamper" with a kstate player.  they aren't employed by a rival school, correct?

I don't think it would be tampering in a NCAA rules violation sense but if a unemployed coach is recruiting a current K-State player to transfer then it is easy to see why K-State would consider it tampering.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 20, 2014, 03:14:19 PM »
It seems pretty likely that Shalee and Leti were trying to be a package deal.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 20, 2014, 03:33:03 PM »
it is easy to see why K-State would consider it tampering.

kstate appears to consider almost everything tampering.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 20, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »
you guys are really working hard at this

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 20, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »
What you said doesn't necessarily contradict what Leti said.  She's talking about post 11-12.  Kind of wish any of the media types that are regurgitating the same story about Leti would dig in on her Angel comment. 

Who was our guy that was going to call Maymon's dad?  They should call Leti and/or Deb and/or whoever else c-crap is implying gave the bad info so we can get to the bottom of the Angel comment.  Would also be funny when the interviewee wants to talk about the Leti thing and our interview'r keeps redirecting the convo to Angel and Angel only.

There's nothing to "dig in on" about Angel. The first time he requested a transfer was after the 12-13 season. His transfer release was granted. There was no prior agreement to stay a year.

K-State recommended that Leti stay a year, see if she liked the new staff. If she didn't like it, she could transfer with a release. Angel got a release, after staying a year, and K-State used him as an example. They also used other MBB team members that stayed and ended up liking oscar and his staff. But there was no prior arrangement with Angel that they then also offered to Leti.

This is where those in Leti's ear confused her, because she interpreted the above as though K-State offered some sort of 2012-preseason arrangement with Angel, and they did not.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 20, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »
K-State recommended that Leti stay a year, see if she liked the new staff. If she didn't like it, she could transfer with a release...

This is where those in Leti's ear confused her, because she interpreted the above as though K-State offered some sort of 2012-preseason arrangement with Angel, and they did not.

maybe she was confused because the school "recommending" that she stay if she wants a release was offering her the exact same deal they are claiming they were too noble to offer art.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 20, 2014, 04:18:40 PM »
So is she going to come back and play or go back to Spain? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 20, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »
Thanks for explaining that.

I think a big problem is Leti doesn't know how to play the game. If she and Shalee had just kept quiet (something obviously got out from them) and just asked K-State which schools were blocked they'd be fine right now. I get being upset with K-State here, but it seems clear Shalee and Leti did their part in messing up her transfer and Shalee (likely) attaching herself to Leti to get a better job.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 20, 2014, 05:17:27 PM »

I think a big problem is Leti doesn't know how to play the game. If she and Shalee had just kept quiet (something obviously got out from them) and just asked K-State which schools were blocked they'd be fine right now. I get being upset with K-State here, but it seems clear Shalee and Leti did their part in messing up her transfer and Shalee (likely) attaching herself to Leti to get a better job.

be reasonable, _fan, how could kstate know which schools to block until romero tells them which schools are tampering her up?  talk about not knowing the game.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 20, 2014, 05:35:24 PM »
What you said doesn't necessarily contradict what Leti said.  She's talking about post 11-12.  Kind of wish any of the media types that are regurgitating the same story about Leti would dig in on her Angel comment. 

Who was our guy that was going to call Maymon's dad?  They should call Leti and/or Deb and/or whoever else c-crap is implying gave the bad info so we can get to the bottom of the Angel comment.  Would also be funny when the interviewee wants to talk about the Leti thing and our interview'r keeps redirecting the convo to Angel and Angel only.

There's nothing to "dig in on" about Angel. The first time he requested a transfer was after the 12-13 season. His transfer release was granted. There was no prior agreement to stay a year.

K-State recommended that Leti stay a year, see if she liked the new staff. If she didn't like it, she could transfer with a release. Angel got a release, after staying a year, and K-State used him as an example. They also used other MBB team members that stayed and ended up liking oscar and his staff. But there was no prior arrangement with Angel that they then also offered to Leti.

What's her phone number?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 20, 2014, 05:35:37 PM »

A lot of speculation in here but I agree that its the most likely scenario.  If it is true, lol @ Shalee for badmouthing Currie when she is trying to leverage the athlete to improve her own situation.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 20, 2014, 07:21:45 PM »
A lot of speculation in here but I agree that its the most likely scenario.  If it is true, lol @ Shalee for badmouthing Currie when she is trying to leverage the athlete to improve her own situation.

i think we can all agree that is egregious and lollable when someone who 1) can exert no tangible power over an athlete, and 2) who the athlete has voluntarily chosen to trust and associate with tries to leverage the athlete to their own benefit*.  i just hope kstate can manage to recommend to romero a more ethical path forward.

* - leverage the athlete presumably meaning informing the athlete that there might be a way they could continue their professional relationship at another institution should both parties desire to do so.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 20, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »
ethical

Speaking of, I've established a line of communication with Leti. Submit your questions here.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 20, 2014, 11:37:06 PM »
What's going on here guys I don't follow hoe ball but this sounds dramatic

someone fill eastcat in

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 21, 2014, 12:02:51 AM »

someone fill eastcat in

ugh, the very worst

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 21, 2014, 12:31:54 AM »
ethical

Speaking of, I've established a line of communication with Leti. Submit your questions here.

Leti...what the hell is going on here? Where do you want to go, why do you want to go there, and who is encouraging you to go there? Have you asked for, or received from, advice from any of the coaches who recruited you? TIA for your answers.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 12:37:59 AM by bones129 »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 21, 2014, 12:34:02 AM »

someone fill eastcat in

ugh, the very worst

i usually just try not to engage, but can we get our first "racist and misogynist piece of crap" under his name?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 21, 2014, 02:10:15 AM »

You call it leveraging an athlete to improve her situation; I call it Leti wanting to continue to play for the coach that recruited her, Shalee clearly didn't make Leti do anything she didn't want to do.

Again I'm not saying what Shalee supposedly did was right, I just have no idea what that has to do with K-State. Shalee doesn't work here anymore and Leti's scholarship is a one year agreement. I also think it's sad that another high profile former athlete is angry with this school because of the actions of this administration.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #569 on: April 21, 2014, 06:16:31 AM »

someone fill eastcat in

ugh, the very worst

a lot of our very worst posters/human beings breathed a sigh of relief when east cat signed up here

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 21, 2014, 07:22:18 AM »
I really like K-State. I don't like that this is making K-State look like trash. If there was actually something we could do to make anyone talking bad about us look like trash instead I vote we do that. Like, don't "take the high road" if it means K-State looks better. Go ahead and take the low road and look like studs. Because right now we look like trash.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 21, 2014, 07:53:48 AM »
What other "high profile" athletes are angry with K-State?

I mean, I heard for the longest time that Martin Gramatica wouldn't come back to K-State because of something that the Weefer or at least because of something someone in the Weefer/Weiser/Krause/Snyder junta did.

Who else is mad?  Besides members of the former women's basketball coaching staff who were rightly let go after 5 years of plummeting results??

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 21, 2014, 08:35:44 AM »
I really like K-State. I don't like that this is making K-State look like trash. If there was actually something we could do to make anyone talking bad about us look like trash instead I vote we do that. Like, don't "take the high road" if it means K-State looks better. Go ahead and take the low road and look like studs. Because right now we look like trash.

aside from the very angry people in this thread, i honestly don't think anyone cares enough about this for it to make k-state look like trash

jay bilas only jumped on it because it helps him further his agenda and otherwise wouldn't know we had a woman's basketball team

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 21, 2014, 08:49:18 AM »
When Jay Bilas gets his way, and we turn athletic departments into for-profit organizations and start treating athletes like employees, we'll dump women's basketball and every other women's sport and none of this will even matter.

I vote we use this site to help KSU athletes organize!  None of us will have to worry about issues like this ever again.  It will be wonderful!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 21, 2014, 11:03:19 AM »

aside from the very angry people in this thread, i honestly don't think anyone cares enough about this for it to make k-state look like trash

jay bilas only jumped on it because it helps him further his agenda and otherwise wouldn't know we had a woman's basketball team

You really don't think that this could be used against, K-State wbb and/or other sports in recruiting? This isn't one coach it's an athletic department policy.

Also your stance of this doesn't matter because no one cares about women's basketball is surprisingly unrefined.