Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 218401 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #525 on: April 19, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »
So trying to add all of this together just using the rumors the Currie henchmen are putting out there I think one or more of the coaches are packaging themselves with Leti for a job and the ad considers this amoral. Even if it went down like this, if you're K-State why in the hell would you care? Again when you fire a coach there are positive and negative consequences that go with it, don't want to lose players, don't fire their coaches. This is how this has worked for years, only at K-State do we insist on firing coaches but expect all of the players to stay.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 19, 2014, 12:25:27 PM »
I hope Leti stays and gathers the opening tip and hurls the ball into the stands.

There's infinite things she could do before then to make herself undesirable and get the release. She needs to practice more Trim 3:16, less Deb (allegedly) 3:16.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 19, 2014, 12:33:35 PM »
I hope Leti stays and gathers the opening tip and hurls the ball into the stands.

There's infinite things she could do before then to make herself undesirable and get the release. She needs to practice more Trim 3:16, less Deb (allegedly) 3:16.

:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 19, 2014, 12:35:46 PM »
One thing I can say in the few times I've been around Pat Bosco, or from the many stories I've heard.   He seems really vindictive and calculating.   When I think of Pat Bosco, I immediately think "henchmen".

There's no doubt that Currie and the committee are doing this out of pure spite since we know all the facts.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 19, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
She should lick Nadiir's face.  Boom, gone

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 19, 2014, 07:20:10 PM »
One thing I can say in the few times I've been around Pat Bosco, or from the many stories I've heard.   He seems really vindictive and calculating.   When I think of Pat Bosco, I immediately think "henchmen".

There's no doubt that Currie and the committee are doing this out of pure spite since we know all the facts.

That's a nice trick there ol dax. You have no idea what Pat Bosco thinks about this issue, none, nor did I call him or hint at him or anyone else on that committee at being henchmen. Bosco is one member of a committee that ruled against Leti. Apparently you aren't aware of this, but a committee doesn't have to rule unanimously to make a decision.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 19, 2014, 07:57:39 PM »
bosco does seem vindictive.  not joking

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 19, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »
'grats MIR.  Now humorless psycho/sociopath Dr. JamesNaismith is quoting you on Phog.net.    :thumbsup:

But don't go post over there, because humorless psycho/sociopath Dr. JamesNaismith will call for you to be immediately banned, or whine to the mods for not mod'ing better.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 19, 2014, 10:56:09 PM »
'grats MIR.  Now humorless psycho/sociopath Dr. JamesNaismith is quoting you on Phog.net.    :thumbsup:

But don't go post over there, because humorless psycho/sociopath Dr. JamesNaismith will call for you to be immediately banned, or whine to the mods for not mod'ing better.

Always a joy to watch the phoggies discuss things they know nothing about.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 19, 2014, 11:16:19 PM »
Its quite hilarious and ironic that those motherfuckers, of all people, act as if they are the paragon of virtue when it comes to the welfare of student athletes. It was like 10 days ago when they treated Embiid like crap for leaving to become a top 5 draft pick. It's amazing that those idiots had to rely on their k-state obsession to all of a sudden find decency, eff all of them, including tmcats.

Since I know you're reading go ahead and quote that, bitch.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 19, 2014, 11:22:12 PM »
Who is K-State protecting by not releasing the tampering evidence?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 20, 2014, 12:37:29 AM »

Although some sites are suggesting tampering, no names have been mentioned that I've seen. Some say other schools, some say one of our former assistants. That said, take a close look at the WBB threads on k-statefans.com...especially a comparison of tweets from Lehning and Claire Coggins on the same day.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 20, 2014, 12:50:42 AM »

Although some sites are suggesting tampering, no names have been mentioned that I've seen. Some say other schools, some say one of our former assistants. That said, take a close look at the WBB threads on k-statefans.com...especially a comparison of tweets from Lehning and Claire Coggins on the same day.

Post them here.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 20, 2014, 12:55:16 AM »

Post them here.

Just did one of them...k-statefans.com, the spinoff from the lame Scout board created after all the mods were kicked off the latter site. The same Scout board also has some references to tampering. Hope that helps.  :)

Offline AzagthothForKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 20, 2014, 06:38:36 AM »
Shalee Lehning ?@shaleelehning Mar 27 - 2:23pm
Just because a person is in a leadership position doesn't mean they are a good leader. Some have power they aren't equipped to handle.

..........and then

Claire Coggins ?@claire_ksuhoops Protected Tweets Mar 27- 2:32 pm
It's interesting to see how people react when faced with adversity for the first time in their lives. Highroad? Or, Sabotage? #truecolors

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 20, 2014, 09:15:37 AM »
Could this have been prevented if currie didn't botch another hiring?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 20, 2014, 10:06:54 AM »

Shalee Lehning ?@shaleelehning Mar 27 - 2:23pm
Just because a person is in a leadership position doesn't mean they are a good leader. Some have power they aren't equipped to handle.

..........and then

Claire Coggins ?@claire_ksuhoops Protected Tweets Mar 27- 2:32 pm
It's interesting to see how people react when faced with adversity for the first time in their lives. Highroad? Or, Sabotage? #truecolors

Second one is interesting.

Are they talking about Deb or the girl who wants to transfer?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 20, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »
What leadership position would the second year player have, and what "power" would it grant you?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 20, 2014, 10:48:56 AM »
I took it as Currie for Shalee's.  Claire's is potentially Leti or even a shot right back at Shalee.

Release the player.  Put conditions on it if there is tampering regarding a former coach trying to get a job.  Forcing a player to stay, especially one that has now gone public with their discontent is not going to help anyone.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 20, 2014, 11:25:44 AM »
Need more @'s from shalee and Claire and anyone else engaging in twitter.  Too hard to interpret the passive aggressive vagueness of these tweets. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 20, 2014, 12:26:29 PM »
Need more @'s from shalee and Claire and anyone else engaging in twitter.  Too hard to interpret the passive aggressive vagueness of these tweets. 

This is the secondary tragedy here after whatever was done bad to Angel.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 20, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
Is negative recruiting even a thing in women's basketball?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 20, 2014, 02:28:34 PM »
what is the definition of tampering?

i'm having trouble understanding how the former staff could "tamper" with a kstate player.  they aren't employed by a rival school, correct?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 20, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »

Nothing bad was done to Angel. He requested a transfer after the 2012-13 season, and was granted a release to be "closer to his family".

Leti was given bad info.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 20, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »

Nothing bad was done to Angel. He requested a transfer after the 2012-13 season, and was granted a release to be "closer to his family".

Leti was given bad info.

What you said doesn't necessarily contradict what Leti said.  She's talking about post 11-12.  Kind of wish any of the media types that are regurgitating the same story about Leti would dig in on her Angel comment. 

Who was our guy that was going to call Maymon's dad?  They should call Leti and/or Deb and/or whoever else c-crap is implying gave the bad info so we can get to the bottom of the Angel comment.  Would also be funny when the interviewee wants to talk about the Leti thing and our interview'r keeps redirecting the convo to Angel and Angel only.