Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145611 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #17600 on: August 11, 2017, 04:18:50 PM »
   A la carte menu from Chick-fil-A and Salty Iguana available for purchase

o fuq

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17601 on: August 12, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »
Hmmm, well we all know that 810, 610/980 have big daytime coverage maps (throw in 580 and K-State's coverage map is massive during the day).   But what about night?

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=WHB-AM&h=N

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=KCSP-AM&h=N

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=KMBZ-AM&h=N

Yah KU, I guess.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17602 on: August 12, 2017, 05:51:50 PM »
I will say, when I lived in Milwaukee and the cats played ucla in the bowl game, I had to run to the store.  I was flipping through the channels to see if I could catch an espn broadcast.  I hit 810 and I heard wyatts voice.  It was barely coming in, but good enough I could make out what was happening.  The atmosphere must've been perfect that night.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17603 on: August 12, 2017, 06:09:37 PM »
I will say, when I lived in Milwaukee and the cats played ucla in the bowl game, I had to run to the store.  I was flipping through the channels to see if I could catch an espn broadcast.  I hit 810 and I heard wyatts voice.  It was barely coming in, but good enough I could make out what was happening.  The atmosphere must've been perfect that night.

Well, the go directional North-South at night, so, makes sense.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17604 on: August 12, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »
Dax is pretty pumped about a worthless KC sports station.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17605 on: August 12, 2017, 06:28:50 PM »
Dax is pretty pumped about a worthless KC sports station.

There's the usual misplaced WackyTuck butthurt.

I only care about one thing relative to 610.

Keep cranking on that axe Wacky Tuck.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17606 on: August 14, 2017, 07:39:36 AM »
It's the same old song and dance from that silly mythical bird school.

Kansas Athletics Inc. knows how big the new Gridiron Club will be, how much it will cost and even who will be building it on the east side of Memorial Stadium.

Now it just needs the money.

Here's a pair of articles from 6 and 7 years ago, talking about how they're closing in on Jerry Jones' palace.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/jan/21/gridiron-club-moving-forward-behind-schedule/
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/jun/26/ku-renovating-touchdown-club-south-end-zone/

I wish they would have been able to come up with the money for this monstrosity. Unfortunately, they were only able to muster $4.5 or so million out of the required $30 million. But don't worry guys, this time things are completely different.

:impatient:

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17607 on: August 14, 2017, 07:57:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/FansOfKU/status/895445696647761920

so much empty parking lot  :Yuck:
  I read that as Kansas Texas in ... Beat Football.  Which may be a better slogan for KU anyway. Beat football, Yay!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17608 on: August 14, 2017, 08:15:58 AM »

Kansas Athletics Inc. knows how big the new Gridiron Club will be, how much it will cost and even who will be building it on the east side of Memorial Stadium.

Here's a pair of articles from 6 and 7 years ago, talking about how they're closing in on Jerry Jones' palace.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/jan/21/gridiron-club-moving-forward-behind-schedule/
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/jun/26/ku-renovating-touchdown-club-south-end-zone/

I wish they would have been able to come up with the money for this monstrosity. Unfortunately, they were only able to muster $4.5 or so million out of the required $30 million. But don't worry guys, this time things are completely different.

I'm glad they decided not to waste $30 million on that piece of crap facade. You can still see the Connect 4 board through it. Money is way to hard to come by in Lawrence to spend it on things like that.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17609 on: August 14, 2017, 11:04:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/FansOfKU/status/895445696647761920

so much empty parking lot  :Yuck:
  I read that as Kansas Texas in ... Beat Football.  Which may be a better slogan for KU anyway. Beat football, Yay!
Not trying to be dense but is this real or 'shopped???

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17610 on: August 14, 2017, 01:08:53 PM »

I'm glad they decided not to waste $30 million on that piece of crap facade. You can still see the Connect 4 board through it. Money is way to hard to come by in Lawrence to spend it on things, besides basketball, like that.
FYP, YW   :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17611 on: August 16, 2017, 06:51:00 AM »
I don't think there is a single poster with more of gE.com wrapped around his finger than Beems.

I wish we had more KU posters over here, I truly do.
I think they see beems getting worked over constantly and decide against it. :frown:

Nope.  They see mouth-breathing morons like yourself running the place, and they decide not to participate.  goEMAW started out as a place where non-tuck K-State fans could discuss their favorite sports teams, and now it's a place where butthurt morons come to hate on KU.  I'm bored with it, and I think others are too.  Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years.

Two and a half years, and 245 pages later...

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17612 on: August 16, 2017, 07:26:13 AM »
welp....
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17613 on: August 16, 2017, 09:05:53 AM »
I feel like it's our responsibility to leak the renderings here. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17615 on: August 21, 2017, 03:48:34 PM »
Quote from: the phog
Under LHC Bill Snyder, ksu football has been a solid program, nothing more, nothing less.. They have never been on the level of Alabama, Ohio State, OU, or any of the Tom Osborne coached Nebraska teams etc. LHC Bill Snyder as good as he has been for Ksu, would have been ran out of OU, Alabama, Ohio State, USC etc,, a long time ago when you check his all time bowl record, record against top 20 teams, only two conference titles in 25 or so years of coaching, and the fact he has never even reached a national championship game, But in Mancrappin of course, they name the stadium after the guy and build a statue of him lmao,. you sound like a Ksu fan too me!! All it took was for him to retire the first time around and within a few years KU regained its rightful spot as the top football program in the state!

If Beaty starts winning and gets things turned around it wont matter who the coach is at ksu,, if KU throws enough jack around at him,, its a chance he will stay unless hew decides to coach a P5 Texas school imo. If Beaty has success at KU,, it will put Ksu in a very bad spot if anything, more then who's coaching at KSU, will put KU in a bad spot, Lawrence and KU is an easier place to recruit too and KU has more money then Ksu to spend on keeping a good coach and upgrading facilities, stadium, etc.

Unlike Ksu who is still stuck in a 50K capacity stadium after all of Snyders success,, if KU builds some sustain success for 5-10 years or better they will have to expand the stadium to 60K +

Mancrappin.. hurts

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17616 on: August 21, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »
That grammar made my eyes bleed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17617 on: August 21, 2017, 05:56:25 PM »
"He (Betty) is not going to jump to a mid level Power 5 school because that would be a lateral move. "

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17618 on: August 21, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »
It's been the same posts for decades.   The ship for outspending K-State on any significant level sailed decades ago. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17619 on: August 21, 2017, 06:38:35 PM »
"He (Betty) is not going to jump to a mid level Power 5 school because that would be a lateral move. "

well that's partially correct, just got the because wrong
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17620 on: August 21, 2017, 07:53:56 PM »
If Beaty has success at KU,, it will put Ksu in a very bad spot if anything, more then who's coaching at KSU, will put KU in a bad spot, Lawrence and KU is an easier place to recruit too and KU has more money then Ksu to spend on keeping a good coach and upgrading facilities, stadium, etc.

I keep hearing from the phog how much money KU has to spend on football and their stadium.  However, they never spend it.  I am starting to suspect they may be making all this up.  Kind of like the kid I knew in 8th grade who told me his mom in KC was going to buy him a new Camaro (it was 1980).  I waited and waited.  Never saw one.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17621 on: August 22, 2017, 07:49:13 AM »
Delusional disorder is a mental illness in which the patient presents with delusions, but with no accompanying prominent hallucinations, thought disorder, mood disorder, or significant flattening [of the hill] affect. Delusions are a specific symptom of psychosis. Delusions can be "bizarre" or "non-bizarre" in content; non-bizarre delusions are fixed false beliefs that involve situations that could potentially occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, or having a legitimate football stadium built at your university. Apart from their delusions, people with delusional disorder may continue to socialize, function, and post on the phog in a normal manner and their behavior does not necessarily generally seem odd. However, the preoccupation with delusional ideas can be disruptive to their overall lives. For the diagnosis to be made, auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, though olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.

The following can indicate a delusion:

The patient expresses an idea or belief with unusual persistence or force.
That idea appears to have an undue influence on the patient's life, and the way of life is often altered to an inexplicable extent.
Despite his/her profound conviction, there is often a quality of secretiveness or suspicion when the patient is questioned about it.
The individual tends to be humorless and oversensitive, especially about the belief.
There is a quality of centrality: no matter how unlikely it is that these strange things are happening to him/her, the patient accepts them relatively unquestioningly.
An attempt to contradict the belief is likely to arouse an inappropriately strong emotional reaction, often with irritability and hostility.
The belief is, at the least, unlikely, and out of keeping with the patient's social, cultural, and religious background.
The patient is emotionally over-invested in the idea and it overwhelms other elements of their psyche.
The delusion, if acted out, often leads to behaviors which are abnormal and/or out of character, although perhaps understandable in the light of the delusional beliefs.
Individuals who know the patient observe that the belief and behavior are uncharacteristic and alien.

:ohno: That doesn't sound very promising for our little bro's!  :ohno:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17622 on: August 22, 2017, 09:34:10 AM »
Under LHC LHC Bill Snyder, ksu football has been a solid program, nothing more, nothing less.. They have never been on the level of Alabama, Ohio State, OU, or any of the Tom Osborne coached Nebraska teams etc. LHC LHC Bill Snyder as good as he has been for Ksu, would have been ran out of OU, Alabama, Ohio State, USC etc,, a long time ago when you check his all time bowl record, record against top 20 teams, only two conference titles in 25 or so years of coaching, and the fact he has never even reached a national championship game, But in Mancrappin of course, they name the stadium after the guy and build a statue of him lmao,. you sound like a Ksu fan too me!! All it took was for him to retire the first time around and within a few years KU regained its rightful spot as the top football program in the state!

If Beaty starts winning and gets things turned around it wont matter who the coach is at ksu,, if KU throws enough jack around at him,, its a chance he will stay unless hew decides to coach a P5 Texas school imo. If Beaty has success at KU,, it will put Ksu in a very bad spot if anything, more then who's coaching at KSU, will put KU in a bad spot, Lawrence and KU is an easier place to recruit too and KU has more money then Ksu to spend on keeping a good coach and upgrading facilities, stadium, etc.

Unlike Ksu who is still stuck in a 50K capacity stadium after all of Snyders success,, if KU builds some sustain success for 5-10 years or better they will have to expand the stadium to 60K +

Mancrappin.. hurts

The number of conditional "ifs" in that statement are breathtaking.  It almost takes a GANTT diagram to determine that the probability of their future success is probably less than 5%.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17623 on: August 22, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »

The exact same thing happened to me on an evening driving from south of Winnebago to Milwaukee one night!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17624 on: August 23, 2017, 08:30:31 AM »
anyone have any bits of tid on ku's endzone booze zone construction?  do they have any construction cams or any nile's or frasier's?