Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1040765 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #7275 on: July 20, 2018, 09:44:47 AM »
So you want to lock all that additional CO2 in?

Weird.

Good point, the wall is stupid idea that only morons support because it locks stuff in.  TY

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: July 20, 2018, 09:55:46 AM »
Paris?  Many of the countries who signed on to Paris increased emissions last year, the US decreased emissions. An utterly meaningless document/affair.

Only in LibBot land would 10million more people in the United States not be an additional resource drain and add massive amounts of pollutions while likely contributing to urban sprawl.   Not to mention they’ll likely gravitate to areas that geographically were never meant to support the number of people already there now.  Let alone thousands of additional people. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: July 20, 2018, 09:56:31 AM »

Weird.

Good point, the wall is stupid idea that only morons support because it locks stuff in.  TY

Immigrants are trying to leave the US but can’t?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: July 20, 2018, 09:57:44 AM »
Paris?  Many of the countries who signed on to Paris increased emissions last year, the US decreased emissions. An utterly meaningless document/affair.

Only in LibBot land would 10million more people in the United States not be an additional resource drain and add massive amounts of pollutions while likely contributing to urban sprawl.   Not to mention they’ll likely gravitate to areas that geographically were never meant to support the number of people already there now.  Let alone thousands of additional people. 

Who is saying millions of people wouldn't use resources?  Let's beat them up together!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: July 20, 2018, 10:01:23 AM »

Wait a minute, so you're telling me we could have done nothing AND been part of a global cool kids club?  Why did we leave?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: July 20, 2018, 10:02:52 AM »
Man never thought I'd see the immigrants to environmental impact fight but here we are.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: July 20, 2018, 10:11:00 AM »

Who is saying millions of people wouldn't use resources?  Let's beat them up together!

On one said you’re all worried about things that will have nominal impact while core environmental mandates remain largely intact.  Your mindset is that all exiting laws were perfect, and needed zero tweaking. Which is laughable considering the weaponization of regulation by the previous administration. 

On the flip side you don’t care that 10 million more consumers will be added to the United States where BAU (which stems back decades) means massive resource consumption and urban sprawl.  In California for example these new people either won’t be able to afford to live in the urban core or will pile into areas with substantial troubles already . . . or they’ll be pushed out which means sprawl.  I won’t even get into the gentrification issues which is now generating its own form of class warfare.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: July 20, 2018, 10:17:24 AM »

Weird.

Immigrants are trying to leave the US but can’t?

Said no one ever and only idiots think that.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: July 20, 2018, 10:21:07 AM »
What is the environmental impact of all these unwanted kids that anti abortionist would allow into OUR country?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: July 20, 2018, 10:29:27 AM »
I never said that I wouldn't care about resources or urban sprawl.  I never said that all environmental laws were perfect.  Even if you think Obama went too far, there is little to no chance any Trump change will help the environment.

I simply said that Trump was worse for the environment than 10 million immigrants.  I'm not proposing we add 10 million immigrants.  If you think gentrification is an environmental issue then you must really want to expand the authority of the EPA.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: July 20, 2018, 10:32:30 AM »
I'm 100% in favor of finding a way to make those 10 million immigrants legal residents, with drivers' licenses and everything. I'm also 100% in favor of eliminating plastic bottles and bags.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: July 20, 2018, 10:40:30 AM »
I never said that I wouldn't care about resources or urban sprawl.  I never said that all environmental laws were perfect.  Even if you think Obama went too far, there is little to no chance any Trump change will help the environment.

I simply said that Trump was worse for the environment than 10 million immigrants.  I'm not proposing we add 10 million immigrants.  If you think gentrification is an environmental issue then you must really want to expand the authority of the EPA.

The EPA in a gentrification issue?  I can kind of see it I guess. 

No change in environmental laws will touch how 10 million people impact the environment.  The only way to alter the course is to do radicalize environmental law the sustenance of 10 million more people let the people already there would be placed in serious jeopardy.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: July 20, 2018, 10:52:16 AM »
Isn't dax one of those climate change deniers that says humans don't have any effect?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: July 20, 2018, 10:54:06 AM »
Weird flip flop if true  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: July 20, 2018, 10:58:23 AM »
the united state's co2 reduction that was measured in 2018 was due to the obama admin's paris compliant policies.  i assume that is obvious to everyone, but amazingly, it's the one thing that's shown up under trump that dax doesn't want to attribute to some democrat in the past.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7290 on: July 20, 2018, 11:01:08 AM »
Isn't dax one of those climate change deniers that says humans don't have any effect?

uh oh

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: July 20, 2018, 11:59:48 AM »

LOL, so wrong as always.  This belongs on another thread, but the constant blaming of all perceived climate ills on CO2 is quite funny.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: July 20, 2018, 12:02:36 PM »
the united state's co2 reduction that was measured in 2018 was due to the obama admin's paris compliant policies.  i assume that is obvious to everyone, but amazingly, it's the one thing that's shown up under trump that dax doesn't want to attribute to some democrat in the past.

Did I politicize the .5% drop in C02 emissions?   Meanwhile signatories of the accord had increases in emissions.   Once again, reinforcing that the accord in and of itself, is worthless.  Very similar to an unsigned MOU concerning nuclear weapons bought for pallets of cash.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: July 20, 2018, 12:16:19 PM »
Man, first criticizing Trump's DOJ for sloppy investigative work and then suggesting we should be doing more to combat CO2 emissions.  What is going on today?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: July 20, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »
Cohen recording all of their plans was a good move

https://twitter.com/AlliemalCNN/status/1020349496000241664

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: July 20, 2018, 12:40:00 PM »
Man, first criticizing Trump's DOJ for sloppy investigative work and then suggesting we should be doing more to combat CO2 emissions.  What is going on today?
I think he sees the writing on the wall and trying to get in front.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: July 20, 2018, 12:40:18 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: July 20, 2018, 12:49:31 PM »
I think he sees the writing on the wall and trying to get in front.

I suggested we do more with CO2 emissions?

Weird takes as usual, fellas.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: July 20, 2018, 01:04:53 PM »
It's easier to get a reduction in CO2 emissions when you start out at an embarrassingly high level.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: July 20, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »

LOL, so wrong as always.  This belongs on another thread, but the constant blaming of all perceived climate ills on CO2 is quite funny.

So 10 million MS 13 driving low riders is NBD