Author Topic: Jerry Kill?  (Read 20865 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Kill?
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2016, 10:00:32 AM »
Lol at you dopes who thought he was hciw. 

I love this.  He's a good football mind and, by all accounts, is a very well liked guy.  Not sure what "associate AD" does though.
His role is literally going to be a messenger from John to Bill/Sean. Bill may throw him a bone and call him in to watch game film once a week. He may also work on helping John fill out non-con game contracts

man.  when posters like scottwildcat pretend to know what they're talking about, this is what we get. it's just ugly.
(him pretending, not the hire)

this is a great hire for the cats and a terrible thread for a lot of our bbs posters here

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2016, 10:16:36 AM »

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2016, 10:19:56 AM »
i like him, very smart football mind but damn if we dont keep hiring rough ridin' ugly ass people. at least he likes ice cream

not him?
no, no it is not.

Dilly Bar? DQ at one time was huge sponsor of all things Mimmesota sports

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2016, 10:31:42 AM »

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2016, 10:39:02 AM »

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2016, 11:12:47 AM »
have no idea what he will formally do but a great hire

buddy from Wisconsin played LB for him at NIU and absolutely loves the man

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »
have no idea what he will formally do but a great hire

He's replacing this guy:

http://www.kstatesports.com/news/genrel_030713aaa_html

In addition to being "the daily sport liaison for the football program," that guy is mentioned as being part of the search committees for the lady tennis and basketball coaches.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2016, 12:07:54 PM »
Tom Keagan scooped us and Fitz.   :runaway:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2016, 12:13:56 PM »
What if GP said, "I'll come at the end of this year, but you need to get Kill on the payroll now."

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

The King of Foat Wuth ain't leaving Foat Wuth

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2016, 01:08:46 PM »
Unless Kill has any eligibility left to play qb, this transfer from Minnesota to kstate won't really help us win this season.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »
So it sounds like the general consensus is that this is a Kill-er hire?

Keegan already used that one right outta the gate.

Maybe Snyds has some purple cowboys boots waiting for him in his office day one. Then stops by on his way to the pot for cup of joe #4 and says "Kill-er boots man!"
Low hanging fruit. Should have gone with the "K-State shakes things up in the Athletic office"

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2016, 01:26:30 PM »

I love this.  He's a good football mind and, by all accounts, is a very well liked guy.  Not sure what "associate AD" does though.
His role is literally going to be a messenger from John to Bill/Sean. Bill may throw him a bone and call him in to watch game film once a week. He may also work on helping John fill out non-con game contracts

man.  when posters like scottwildcat pretend to know what they're talking about, this is what we get. it's just ugly.

this is a great hire for the cats and a terrible thread for a lot of our bbs posters here
That is what the man who's job he's taking over did, minus the call to watch film. I don't think it is much of a leap to assume that is what Kill will be doing.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2016, 01:58:53 PM »

FTR, I wasn't saying I was worried about Kill being HCIW, just kind of "meh" on the guy in general. But if others say he's good, that's cool. I am not a football coaches quality control expert.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2016, 01:59:13 PM »

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2016, 02:09:57 PM »
Can't sneak anything past Brock

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »

That is what the man who's job he's taking over did, minus the call to watch film. I don't think it is much of a leap to assume that is what Kill will be doing.

good bad logic.  as a manager of people, you ask people to do what they're capable of doing.  maybe dowdle did what he was asked to do.  do you really think that someone of kill's stature and experience would accept a job where his responsibility is to babysit the relationship between the AD and the fb staff?  kill is a fb coach and you think he just signed up to be currie's lackey.

frank martin and oscar weber held the same job too but they didn't do the same things

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2016, 02:30:34 PM »
I think he's just happy to have health insurance at this point
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »

good bad logic.  as a manager of people, you ask people to do what they're capable of doing.  maybe dowdle did what he was asked to do.  do you really think that someone of kill's stature and experience would accept a job where his responsibility is to babysit the relationship between the AD and the fb staff?  kill is a fb coach and you think he just signed up to be currie's lackey.

frank martin and oscar weber held the same job too but they didn't do the same things

pc, i do not know who is right bc i am not plugged in these days, but i like your logic. solid thesis statement and supporting evidence.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2016, 03:54:14 PM »
Jerry Kill is going to benefit much more from this relationship than K-State will

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2016, 04:00:24 PM »
I'd never heard of the old guy, and I've only heard of the new guy from his annual sideline death.  I'm sure the new guy will do whatever he has to do for $150K just fine.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2016, 04:06:34 PM »
No one is ever going to convince me that we didn't hire him to be a gofer.

:Woot:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2016, 04:17:01 PM »
He would die for EMAW

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2016, 04:28:36 PM »
He would die for EMAW

It wouldn't be kstatesports' first foray into the world of life insurance schemes...

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2016, 04:32:08 PM »
Jerry Kill is going to benefit much more from this relationship than K-State will

Yeah, this is a win for everyone.  Kill can't coach, but loves working in the college athletics world so he wants to move to an AD role.  He gets great experience, we get a well known name with connections in a required low-to-mid level job for a minimal cost.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2016, 07:34:14 PM »

Yeah, this is a win for everyone.  Kill can't coach, but loves working in the college athletics world so he wants to move to an AD role.  He gets great experience, we get a well known name with connections in a required low-to-mid level job for a minimal cost.

Yeah, any time you get a chance to hire a guy who went 14-21 in a watered down Big 10, and whose greatest claim to fame is losing to Texas twice in the Citrus Bowl, you gotta jump on it. HE'S A KANSAN, OVER 50, NICE, WHITE, WHY NOT.