Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3216995 times)

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #15000 on: May 16, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »
I remember Dax talking about their timeline, similar to this only several years ago, and I believe at that time 2017 was the year to start their renovation. I had some fun on the phog and pointed it out to them. Of course, I was a complete moron, they were going to start easily by 2016, if not 2015. Good times. Wish I could bump that thread over there.

done
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #15001 on: May 16, 2016, 11:54:14 AM »
I remember Dax talking about their timeline, similar to this only several years ago, and I believe at that time 2017 was the year to start their renovation. I had some fun on the phog and pointed it out to them. Of course, I was a complete moron, they were going to start easily by 2016, if not 2015. Good times. Wish I could bump that thread over there.

done
That's a different thread than I was talking about, but it should be fun to see the reaction regardless. I'm sure the one I was talking about is long been off their servers.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: May 16, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »
What is more lol, the gridiron club or the time they posted the spring game as a "W"?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: May 16, 2016, 12:26:30 PM »
What is more lol, the gridiron club or the time they posted the spring game as a "W"?

I'd go for gridiron club, it's the gift that keeps on giving and for all the things ku loves to make fun of (lack of money, lil bro etc) it's the best example of that. Most ironic if you will.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: May 16, 2016, 12:46:02 PM »

Never gets old
I love the tree with no leaves. Looks like a giant tumbleweed blowing in front of a failed project.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15005 on: May 16, 2016, 12:49:38 PM »

When they replaced the historic track with asphalt because we teased them
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: May 16, 2016, 12:55:29 PM »

They then moved outdoor track from an historic on campus venue to a cookie cutter off campus facility that looks like any new stadium at any suburban school system  USA.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: May 16, 2016, 01:01:45 PM »
KU has updated the KBOR on their capital project plans for FY 2018 and beyond,  KU Memorial Stadium is now slated for a $50M renovation currently scheduled to begin in FY 2022.   (We're about to start FY 2017). 

Now, I will say (for like the 1000th time) that capital project timelines are amended all the time with projects being moved up, or pushed, or the money changed etc. etc.   However, KU has now pushed that project out even further from previous capital projects reports. .
                                                  Total          2022        Subsequent Years
? 8 Memorial Stadium Renovations * 50,000,000 5,000,000 45,000,000

So they're only spending $5mil in 2022 and the other $45mil down the line?

Yeah, probably means as of now it'll start in late 2022, and carry into subsequent years.

Well they'll probably need new recliners by then so that should cover it

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: May 16, 2016, 01:47:50 PM »
Give me Alabama or Oklahoma success over a bunch of wins over weak teams and middle of the pack and directional schools.

When was the last time they won a bowl game on the level of KU's 2007 Orange Bowl? KU has 3 bowl wins compared to their 1 since 2004,, yes they've been more consistent then KU since snyder has been their coach but nothing really amazing to brag about outside a couple of conference titles with their most recent one coming in a year when OU wasn't the normal OU they usually are.

My biggest issue with their fan base is they consider themselves a football power when the trophy case and lack of national success proves otherwise along with the usual at or near the bottom of the conference recruiting class they rake in every season. But they will convince you that KSU is a football power as KU is the basketball school!!!  If that's the case then why not declare KU football a power since they won a BCS bowl game more recently?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15009 on: May 16, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »

lol.  that was basically all because of gE

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: May 16, 2016, 02:35:18 PM »
Give me Alabama or Oklahoma success over a bunch of wins over weak teams and middle of the pack and directional schools.

When was the last time they won a bowl game on the level of KU's 2007 Orange Bowl? KU has 3 bowl wins compared to their 1 since 2004,, yes they've been more consistent then KU since snyder has been their coach but nothing really amazing to brag about outside a couple of conference titles with their most recent one coming in a year when OU wasn't the normal OU they usually are.

My biggest issue with their fan base is they consider themselves a football power when the trophy case and lack of national success proves otherwise along with the usual at or near the bottom of the conference recruiting class they rake in every season. But they will convince you that KSU is a football power as KU is the basketball school!!!  If that's the case then why not declare KU football a power since they won a BCS bowl game more recently?

Is anyone gonna tell them how down the big-12 was in 2007??

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is hurting
« Reply #15011 on: May 16, 2016, 08:37:15 PM »
So if this thing does go all the way until 2022, that's like 30 years of earnest discussion of a substantial stadium renovation.   I don't really count what the did in the 90's because outside of the pressbox, it wasn't much besides redoing some horrific bathrooms and putting in some new concession stands.    It sure does take them a long time to get stuff done for a school that supposedly has boosters who rummage around in the couches and find millions of dollars.

Weird
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:01:24 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: May 17, 2016, 11:51:25 AM »
hiring kill to be a consultant is going to piss a lot of phogtards off

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15013 on: May 17, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »
K-State's consultant >> any coach in KU football history

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15014 on: May 23, 2016, 12:32:44 AM »

Mangino in his prime, tho

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15015 on: May 23, 2016, 10:18:54 AM »

Mangino in his prime, tho

when was this?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: May 23, 2016, 11:49:52 AM »

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: May 26, 2016, 12:25:04 PM »
I don't even really know what Briles allegedly did, but I can tell you I have no problem firing Beaty and hiring him tomorrow (pending a graduation from some sort of two-week moral training course!). NONE.

Sooooo any chance KU could land him? At this point I dont care if the guy is a serial killer, Ive seen 2 truly great seasons in my 28 years on this earth, Ill take him. And at this point who really knows whats true and not true, Baylor is a religious school so of course they are going to immediately over-react to any situation like this.

Bliss tried covering up a MURDER.   There is no proof as of yet that Briles covered up rapes, unfortunately too many women these days use that term loosely to either get attention or financial gain its a sad fact especially when it comes to collegiate or pro athletes.   Huge difference in killing someone and college kids getting it on though either way.

Fire Beaty, bring on Briles!

Briles is a football coach not a criminal investigator.  The "rapes" were reported to the SCHOOL, the SCHOOL decided to be lazy in investigating.  Sure Briles could have probably been more aggressive in disciplining people on his team but in the end the responsibility lays on the school since they knew about everything just as much as Briles did.  This isnt like Sandusky and Paterno who both knew for decades while the school was in the dark.

Failing to investigate---there could be a lot of gray area there.  It would depend on what people mean by "investigate" and "fail," what exactly was reported to him, who reported it, etc.   Clearly Baylor found something bad, but they're crazy Baptists, so who knows? 

I'll just put it this way: if I were Zenger, I'd be dropping some coin on investigating all this to answer a lot of these questions.  If he didn't commit a crime, I'm thinking hard about it.  Guy is a stud football coach we'll never have a chance to land otherwise.  Same thing probably could have happened to dozens of guys across the country.   And, I bet he takes this chit a lot more serious going forward.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: May 26, 2016, 12:27:04 PM »
If there was a place known to be ok with sexual assault, it would be our little bro.  This could happen.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: May 26, 2016, 12:30:22 PM »
Match made in rape heaven
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: May 26, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »
He could be their Huggins

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: May 26, 2016, 12:37:57 PM »
Briles would turn that job down

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: May 26, 2016, 12:38:58 PM »
They obviously need to give him a shot. 

I mean, Self will never let it happen, but he would def fit like a rape crime scene glove.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: May 26, 2016, 12:39:21 PM »
Good luck with Briles replicating that magical Orange Bowl season. He'd never live up to it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: May 26, 2016, 12:40:35 PM »
You know who held the worst Big 12 records prior to KU taking them recently?  Baylor  :surprised: