Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 954913 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3125 on: April 24, 2013, 09:42:53 PM »
PIPE THE eff DOWN

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3126 on: April 25, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
Why is this thread so dead this morning......

At least we could be guessing about which shitty recruits we were looking at bringing in :dunno:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: April 25, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
Tanner Lancona is visiting. Didn't see that posted anywhere so sorry if repost.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: April 25, 2013, 06:45:39 PM »
I know most people are not real impressed by this Lancona kid, but for what oscar is looking for in his forwards, I think he's a pretty decent spring signing.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: April 25, 2013, 06:52:32 PM »
When does Antonio Barton cut his list?  jeff goodman is saying we are coming after him hard, Baltimore kid.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: April 25, 2013, 08:34:27 PM »
When does Antonio Barton cut his list?  jeff goodman is saying we are coming after him hard, Baltimore kid.
As went Notre Dame Prep like Chet.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: April 25, 2013, 08:57:10 PM »
Has the NBA caliber player committed yet?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: April 25, 2013, 09:04:14 PM »
Has the NBA caliber player committed yet?
If you believe in such things, YES, but the information is private.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: April 25, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »
So...this "nba guy" is the euroballer right?  :users:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: April 25, 2013, 09:30:02 PM »
what was the  name of  Wool's  under the radar Detroit  recruit, 6-5ish  post.  Yarby  or something  like that?  I  believe he was a soph  when  hugs  ran him off.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: April 25, 2013, 09:33:03 PM »
So...this "nba guy" is the euroballer right?  :users:

no.  supposedly everyone that has been told the name of the recruit has been told to keep it quiet, so it shouldn't be anyone whose name has been mentioned by kstate media.  but it's probably the wku guy.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: April 25, 2013, 09:35:07 PM »
what was the  name of  Wool's  under the radar Detroit  recruit, 6-5ish  post.  Yarby  or something  like that?  I  believe he was a soph  when  hugs  ran him off.

deilvez yearby.  best hs bball player in the state of michigan his senior year and current international basketball star.

http://basketball.usbasket.com/player/Deilvez_Yearby/London_Lightning/90996
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: April 26, 2013, 09:01:30 AM »
Looks to me like he just about lost control of the ball.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: April 26, 2013, 09:03:48 AM »
LOL at all of that defense. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: April 26, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »
As went Notre Dame Prep like Chet.
God dammit! If we get him, Wallace will have an orgasm and run a campaign on how Memphis is the same caliber of school as K-State.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: April 26, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »

deilvez yearby.  best hs bball player in the state of michigan his senior year and current international basketball star.

just barely missed making the top 150!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: April 26, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »

Oh man, one of the BRUOAT!

May 19, 2005

Brian Gates
GoPowercat.com Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in Wabash Station
When the news came out last week that Ousmane Cisse was going to head to junior college, it led the Kansas State coaching staff back to the recruiting trail. This trail led to Detroit's Central High School and Ben Kelso's program where a 6-foot-6 forward, Deilvez Yearby, was making his name during the 2004-05 season.

"Deilvez just kind of bloomed onto the scene this year as a force for our team," Kelso said. "He started every game this year and was our main guy. He is a very good player and will fit into what Coach (Jim) Wooldridge is doing down at K-State. He is a similar style player of Rolando Blackman. They are about the same size and can shoot and defend and rebound.

"Deilvez is a good leaper and he runs the floor well. He can shoot out to the three and he can rebound the ball. And with his jumping ability he can block shots. His defense is what amazes people. He has some skills on that end of the court, too. He is going to be a good addition to their team."

The recruiting process stayed in the slow stages all year for Yearby until recently.

"He qualified academically and then it just took off," Kelso said. "In the end it came down to K-State and USC. Michigan and Michigan State were two of the many others that showed a lot of interest in him, but their interest didn't start until he qualified. K-State was there all along. His coach here at Central last year was friends with one of the K-State coaches and they found out about him. Then I took over and they've been in touch all the way with him. A lot of places will back off if the player may not qualify and quit sending anything, but K-State stayed there the whole way.

"Deilvez never felt like he wasn't going to make it academically and maybe that is why K-State stayed on him. He never spoke to a junior college or a prep school. I really don't think he had any doubt he was going to qualify. He is a good student, he just got off to a bad start with his grades in high school."

Kelso believes Yearby will help solidify the small forward position for the Wildcats.

"He is a three," the coach said. "He can play the one, two or three, but the three is his main position. He's not really a back to the basket type of player, but he can defend against a four player if he needed to. We know they have some quality players there for that position, but Deilvez is just going to make it better."

21.4 points on 58.7 percent shooting (91-of-155) from the field with a team-high 12.1 rebounds, 2.9 blocks, 1.8 steals and 1.3 assists. He ranked first on the team in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots, while he was second in steals and assists. Yearby was named third team all-state by the coaches and first team all-city, while he was honored as the city's Mr. Basketball. He was also named to the Detroit News' All-Metro first team and was the most valuable player of the Detroit Public School League Southeast Division.

Kelso believes recruiting analyst Bob Gibbons has Yearby pegged at about the right spot, in the top 60, for his Class of 2005 rankings.

"Mr. Gibbons sees a lot of basketball. He knows when a player is good and when a player is not. He didn't know about Deilvez earlier on in the year, but he made the effort to find out what type of player we had here. I think he's right on the with his rankings if Deilvez ends up in the top 60 rankings. That is where he belongs, because he is that good of a player."

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: April 26, 2013, 10:41:48 AM »

Oh man, one of the BRUOAT!

May 19, 2005

Brian Gates
GoPowercat.com Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in Wabash Station
When the news came out last week that Ousmane Cisse was going to head to junior college, it led the Kansas State coaching staff back to the recruiting trail. This trail led to Detroit's Central High School and Ben Kelso's program where a 6-foot-6 forward, Deilvez Yearby, was making his name during the 2004-05 season.

"Deilvez just kind of bloomed onto the scene this year as a force for our team," Kelso said. "He started every game this year and was our main guy. He is a very good player and will fit into what Coach (Jim) Wooldridge is doing down at K-State. He is a similar style player of Rolando Blackman. They are about the same size and can shoot and defend and rebound.

"Deilvez is a good leaper and he runs the floor well. He can shoot out to the three and he can rebound the ball. And with his jumping ability he can block shots. His defense is what amazes people. He has some skills on that end of the court, too. He is going to be a good addition to their team."

The recruiting process stayed in the slow stages all year for Yearby until recently.

"He qualified academically and then it just took off," Kelso said. "In the end it came down to K-State and USC. Michigan and Michigan State were two of the many others that showed a lot of interest in him, but their interest didn't start until he qualified. K-State was there all along. His coach here at Central last year was friends with one of the K-State coaches and they found out about him. Then I took over and they've been in touch all the way with him. A lot of places will back off if the player may not qualify and quit sending anything, but K-State stayed there the whole way.

"Deilvez never felt like he wasn't going to make it academically and maybe that is why K-State stayed on him. He never spoke to a junior college or a prep school. I really don't think he had any doubt he was going to qualify. He is a good student, he just got off to a bad start with his grades in high school."

Kelso believes Yearby will help solidify the small forward position for the Wildcats.

"He is a three," the coach said. "He can play the one, two or three, but the three is his main position. He's not really a back to the basket type of player, but he can defend against a four player if he needed to. We know they have some quality players there for that position, but Deilvez is just going to make it better."

21.4 points on 58.7 percent shooting (91-of-155) from the field with a team-high 12.1 rebounds, 2.9 blocks, 1.8 steals and 1.3 assists. He ranked first on the team in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots, while he was second in steals and assists. Yearby was named third team all-state by the coaches and first team all-city, while he was honored as the city's Mr. Basketball. He was also named to the Detroit News' All-Metro first team and was the most valuable player of the Detroit Public School League Southeast Division.

Kelso believes recruiting analyst Bob Gibbons has Yearby pegged at about the right spot, in the top 60, for his Class of 2005 rankings.

"Mr. Gibbons sees a lot of basketball. He knows when a player is good and when a player is not. He didn't know about Deilvez earlier on in the year, but he made the effort to find out what type of player we had here. I think he's right on the with his rankings if Deilvez ends up in the top 60 rankings. That is where he belongs, because he is that good of a player."

unreal...

that is right up there with the "Cats Land Abdul Herrera" article

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: April 26, 2013, 10:48:36 AM »
LOL at all of that defense.

Yeah,  I don't see that move working in conference.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: April 26, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »
First off, thanks for pointing all this out, but I'm not the basketball guy, so I go off what I hear sometimes in that department.

What I heard was Nigel tell our Brett Regan about how he wanted a step up to bigger and better competition.

More often than not, that means a bigger school. Clearly that's not the case here, but you can't fault me for assuming a little in this situation. We can't all be experts in school/class size for all 50 states.

Thank you though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 26, 2013, 11:22:27 AM »
lol

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: April 26, 2013, 11:27:36 AM »
First off, thanks for pointing all this out, but I'm not the basketball guy, so I go off what I hear sometimes in that department.

What I heard was Nigel tell our Brett Regan about how he wanted a step up to bigger and better competition.

More often than not, that means a bigger school. Clearly that's not the case here, but you can't fault me for assuming a little in this situation. We can't all be experts in school/class size for all 50 states.

Thank you though.

Even better that the post right before that one has the enrollment from wikipedia, which I'm sure took over 15 seconds to find (depending on broadband speed and typing ability).

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 26, 2013, 11:31:29 AM »
We can't fault a journalist for making an assumption, i.e. not confirming facts? If you're making this assumption and stating it as fact, how are we to know you're not doing this in other articles/podcasts. These "you can't fault me" excuses negatively impact your credibility.
Good for you, aj.