Author Topic: A win for pedo football fans!  (Read 3914 times)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
A win for pedo football fans!
« on: January 16, 2015, 12:59:45 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2015/01/16/ncaa-joe-paterno-wins-restored-penn-state-settlement/21867685/

With Penn State wins restored, Joe Paterno the winningest coach again

Paterno now has 409 wins against college football teams and 1 win against ppl who think putting a college football team over the welfare of children is a bad idea. 

Go Joe!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A win for pedo football fans!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 01:02:21 PM »
The NCAA did the only thing possible to make the institution look more weak and spineless than it already did.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »
They should have waited to restore those wins until those kids' lives are unruined.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 01:11:11 PM »
The NCAA and Pennsylvania officials announced a settlement Friday in the Penn State lawsuit, reaching an agreement that restores 112 football victories to Penn State and directs $60 million – the penalty the school paid in the Jerry Sandusky scandal – to programs serving child sexual abuse.

Did I read that right? I'm pretty sure this means Pennsylvania paid $60 million for 112 wins.

At least it's cheaper than KU's been paying.  Amirite?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:17:19 PM »
If I was Penn State or Jay Paterno, I would sue the NCAA for causing the stressful conditions that ultimately killed Joe. 

Given the momentum, they may get a few mill.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 01:23:28 PM »
If I was Penn State or Jay Paterno, I would sue the NCAA for causing the stressful conditions that ultimately killed Joe. 

I thought Jay already was trying this

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 01:26:15 PM »

:dunno:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 01:52:08 PM »
It's nice to see that once again the NCAA has the bigger picture in mind. Glad they were able to reconcile all the wrong doings against Penn St and their football program.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 01:53:44 PM »

:dunno:

I could be wrong, I thought I heard of it awhile back but haven't since.  It seems to me that he knows he is done coaching so he is going to try to make a career of suing the NCAA, Penn St, and whoever else looked at his dad wrong.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 02:21:30 PM »
The NCAA and Pennsylvania officials announced a settlement Friday in the Penn State lawsuit, reaching an agreement that restores 112 football victories to Penn State and directs $60 million – the penalty the school paid in the Jerry Sandusky scandal – to programs serving child sexual abuse.

Did I read that right? I'm pretty sure this means Pennsylvania paid $60 million for 112 wins.

No, you definitely read it wrong. The NCAA fined PSU $60 million in the initial ruling, that fine money is being directed to child abuse charities.

This is a good thing, Joe Paterno was a sack of crap for keeping Sandusky around but this was never nor ever should be an NCAA issue, they nor any other legislative being should have the latitude to render punishment without regard to scope or jurisdiction. This really shouldn't be up for much debate but people are falling all over themselves trying to take an easy stance.

Also I'm guessing all of you missed the report recently that revealed that the NCAA discussed internally before they rendered the punishment that they knew they were overstepping their authority and that they didn't even read the Freeh Report before handing out their punishment. The NCAA is making these moves to prevent getting their assess sued, and likely getting damaged further in court in potential litigation.

Hate Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, Graham Spanier, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz all you want, they did despicable things. Hell you can hate Mike McQueary for seemingly being weak and the PSU students and fans for being insensitive, but the current administration at PSU are absolutely doing the right thing by fighting what the NCAA did.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 02:58:01 PM »
MIR supports child abuse, unbelievable.

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 03:02:54 PM »

No, you definitely read it wrong. The NCAA fined PSU $60 million in the initial ruling, that fine money is being directed to child abuse charities.

This is a good thing, Joe Paterno was a sack of crap for keeping Sandusky around but this was never nor ever should be an NCAA issue, they nor any other legislative being should have the latitude to render punishment without regard to scope or jurisdiction. This really shouldn't be up for much debate but people are falling all over themselves trying to take an easy stance.

Also I'm guessing all of you missed the report recently that revealed that the NCAA discussed internally before they rendered the punishment that they knew they were overstepping their authority and that they didn't even read the Freeh Report before handing out their punishment. The NCAA is making these moves to prevent getting their assess sued, and likely getting damaged further in court in potential litigation.

Hate Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, Graham Spanier, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz all you want, they did despicable things. Hell you can hate Mike McQueary for seemingly being weak and the PSU students and fans for being insensitive, but the current administration at PSU are absolutely doing the right thing by fighting what the NCAA did.

Very true. NCAA overstepped their power.
I just want to become clear on the subject at hand... because Penn State apologists are bashing many people on the ESPN comments section.

Was Sandusky on staff with Paterno during these episodes? (Many are claiming he was not, but was still allowed to use the Penn State facilities?).
Back for more bad takes.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 03:15:38 PM »
Re: sandusky being on staff or just using the facilities when this was discovered:  A guy like that doesn't start off by having pedo shower sex.  I guaranteed he eased into it over a period of time before he got so bold.  I guess what I am trying to say is that there is no statement that it definitely happened, but I would imagine that he had been criminally inappropriate while on campus for long enough prior to that point that it is likely that it did happen while he was still on staff.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 03:19:24 PM »

Ok, my bad.

Penn State did not pay $60 million to get 112 wins restored.  They agreed they would not seek to get $60 million back in order to get 112 wins restored.  So you're saying it was more like a down payment.   :thumbsup:

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 04:02:41 PM »
 :thumbs:

Makes sense.
Back for more bad takes.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 11:12:43 PM »
I believe you're right.  I seem to remember he mumped you right in the ass in a few threads, my boy.  :thumbsup:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

The Big Train

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 12:01:58 AM »
jfc

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 11:01:35 AM »
I believe you're right.  I seem to remember he mumped you right in the ass in a few threads, my boy.  :thumbsup:

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 11:19:56 AM »
Who cares about the rough ridin' wins? They're meaningless. Penn State got off freaking easy, they should have gotten SMU'd, or at least Baylor Hoops'd.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »
Who cares about the rough ridin' wins? They're meaningless. Penn State got off freaking easy, they should have gotten SMU'd, or at least Baylor Hoops'd.

Baylor got sanctioned because Bliss paid players, not because he lied about why Dennehy was killed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »

Baylor got sanctioned because Bliss paid players, not because he lied about why Dennehy was killed.
Yeah, I think what Penn State was doing was worse than paying players.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 09:13:13 PM »

It absolutely is but like what Carlton Dotson did the NCAA does not have the authority to do the bidding of the criminal justice system. If Paterno was charged by the local authorities then no one would have gave a crap about the NCAA. Are you advocating for the NCAA stepping in and handling the seeming crime issue with Florida State football. I never thought you were so authoritarian.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 12:56:42 AM »

It absolutely is but like what Carlton Dotson did the NCAA does not have the authority to do the bidding of the criminal justice system. If Paterno was charged by the local authorities then no one would have gave a crap about the NCAA. Are you advocating for the NCAA stepping in and handling the seeming crime issue with Florida State football. I never thought you were so authoritarian.

I look at what Paterno did could be considered both lack of institutional control and an impermissible benefit, even if no legal charges would have come to Paterno. The Penn State football program benefited a great deal from covering up child rape.

I'm not familiar with specific FSU crime issues covered up by the program and administration.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 01:17:40 AM »

I look at what Paterno did could be considered both lack of institutional control and an impermissible benefit, even if no legal charges would have come to Paterno. The Penn State football program benefited a great deal from covering up child rape.

I'm not familiar with specific FSU crime issues covered up by the program and administration.

The LoIC is a stretch it doesn't come close to fitting that standard since again potentially facilitating rape falls outside of what the NCAA does. Law enforcement and the judicial system have enough issues with our justice system, the last thing we need is the NCAA jumping in as well. They can't handle what they are actually tasked with enforcing.

I'm gonna need you to explain the impermissible benefits to me, that makes no sense at all.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 01:28:58 AM »

The LoIC is a stretch it doesn't come close to fitting that standard since again potentially facilitating rape falls outside of what the NCAA does. Law enforcement and the judicial system have enough issues with our justice system, the last thing we need is the NCAA jumping in as well. They can't handle what they are actually tasked with enforcing.

I'm gonna need you to explain the impermissible benefits to me, that makes no sense at all.

I'm definitely stretching the impermissible benefits thing, like a ton. I'll explain it more tomorrow.