Author Topic: “The question would be how much you could read before they grabbed you"  (Read 16609 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
...and hauled you off.”

- Senator Jay Rockafellar (D- W.Va.) referring to reading the CIA Torture Report in to the Congressional record

Obama is every bit as culpable in the torture regime if those who participated it are not exposed and brought to justice.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/20/cia-torture-white-house_n_6195032.html

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: “The question would be how much you could read before they grabbed you"
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:55:57 PM »
We're far too busy harassing, impoverishing, abusing and murdering our own citizens in the neo-totalitarian Obama police state for your stupid crusade to imprison Dick Cheney for torturing terrorists.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile

The simple fact is, the all the stuff that Dems supposedly hated . . . just kept right on going after Obama was elected.

This is true. And disappointing.
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 05:21:25 PM »
I'm glad we're still using torture to extract intelligence (like what helped us get OBL), and I'm also glad that libtards realize how hypocritical the Dems are on this ('cause, when you get elected, you actually have a stake in preventing terrorist attacks and have to behave like a grownup). It's a win win!  :cheers:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 05:25:58 PM »
I'm glad we're still using torture to extract intelligence (like what helped us get OBL), and I'm also glad that libtards realize how hypocritical the Dems are on this ('cause, when you get elected, you actually have a stake in preventing terrorist attacks and have to behave like a grownup). It's a win win!  :cheers:

Link?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You hate the rule of law and prefer tyranny to the republic. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Against non-Americans, the more tyranny the better. :yum:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 07:21:45 PM »

Link?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/panetta-torture-bin-laden/2013/02/04/id/488677/

It is undeniable that leads obtained from waterboarding and other "torture" assisted in locating OBL. The best the PC apologists can claim is "well, we could have caught him anyway without those leads." Pure speculation.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »

Link?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/panetta-torture-bin-laden/2013/02/04/id/488677/

It is undeniable that leads obtained from waterboarding and other "torture" assisted in locating OBL. The best the PC apologists can claim is "well, we could have caught him anyway without those leads." Pure speculation.

I think that is the wrong link.  It has the CIA director on record as saying they would have found him without torture and the lead that the bottom part of the article references was 7 years prior to the killing of OBL.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 10:47:40 AM »
Droning suspected terrorists and everyone within 200 yards = acceptable war strategy
Pouring water on suspected terrorists heads = criminal

Hi, I'm a libtard, and I have a perverted obsession with the bush administration

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »

Link?

I think that is the wrong link.  It has the CIA director on record as saying they would have found him without torture and the lead that the bottom part of the article references was 7 years prior to the killing of OBL.

That's what I said. (1) It is undeniable that leads from enhanced interrogation helped us find OBL (and who knows what else) and (2) the "official" apologist line is that "well, yeah, but we probably would have gotten him anyway."

There's a reason even libtards like Obama keep doing this in secret - it works.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 11:38:34 PM »
Droning suspected terrorists and everyone within 200 yards = acceptable war strategy

Hi, I'm a libtard, and I have a perverted obsession with the bush administration
Here's a crazy thought: How about we do neither of those things?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 12:25:17 AM »
I think we've learened from this thread that both the Obama administration and certain people on this BBS are just awful awful people.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

So youre fine if American Soldiers are tortured the same way by enemy combatants, why the heck did we execute all those Japanese leaders after WW2 then?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 11:10:22 AM »

That probably is crazy, but it wouldn't bother me.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So youre fine if American Soldiers are tortured the same way by enemy combatants, why the heck did we execute all those Japanese leaders after WW2 then?

First, I'm not "fine" with it - that's why we hunt them down and kill them. Second, even if we banned all "torture" - your apparent belief that these thugs would extend us the same courtesy is laughable. Third, your attempt to draw an equivalency between the "torture" we engage in - waterboarding, sleep deprivation, stress positions, etc. - and the real attrocities committed by terrorists, the WWII Japanese, etc., is also laughable. In summary, your statement is completely ridiculous on multiple levels.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

First, I'm not "fine" with it - that's why we hunt them down and kill them. Second, even if we banned all "torture" - your apparent belief that these thugs would extend us the same courtesy is laughable. Third, your attempt to draw an equivalency between the "torture" we engage in - waterboarding, sleep deprivation, stress positions, etc. - and the real attrocities committed by terrorists, the WWII Japanese, etc., is also laughable. In summary, your statement is completely ridiculous on multiple levels.

Ill agree the equivalency isnt there, but youre fine with Americans getting waterboarded, sleep deprived, and everything else? I do think someone has to take a moral stand for human dignity why not the supposed greatest country in the world?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »

Link?

That's what I said. (1) It is undeniable that leads from enhanced interrogation helped us find OBL (and who knows what else) and (2) the "official" apologist line is that "well, yeah, but we probably would have gotten him anyway."

There's a reason even libtards like Obama keep doing this in secret - it works.
LoL
I love the radical right making up history to support their blood lust. 
You people just can't handle the fact the best intelligence, the most actionable information, came from real intelligence work, not doing weird crap to people like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.  Sorry you and Sean Hannity can't jerk off to "pouring water on suspected terrorists (sic) heads."
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

yes, both of the things fsd mentioned are deplorable

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Ill agree the equivalency isnt there, but youre fine with Americans getting waterboarded, sleep deprived, and everything else?

You realize you just described Navy Seal training, right? Regardless, I didn't say I'm fine with it. See above. But if, in your fantasy land, we could somehow limit terrorists to the same methods of "torture" we use, that would be a nice improvement.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 11:08:21 PM »
The simple fact is, the all the stuff that Dems supposedly hated . . . just kept right on going after Obama was elected.

Repubs and Dems guilty of the same crimes? I am shocked.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yes, both of the things fsd mentioned are deplorable

I think you meant "all three", not both

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 02:31:41 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-waterboardings-role-in-identifying-a-terrorist/2014/12/08/40bc2578-7ee2-11e4-81fd-8c4814dfa9d7_story.html

It really is something how everyone involved in the torture of prisoners under U.S. authority has come out strongly against the report detailing how they tortured people.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-waterboardings-role-in-identifying-a-terrorist/2014/12/08/40bc2578-7ee2-11e4-81fd-8c4814dfa9d7_story.html

It really is something how everyone involved in the torture of prisoners under U.S. authority has come out strongly against the report detailing how they tortured people.

You're entitled to your own opinions, KK, but not your own facts. If you want to argue that waterboarding and other enhanced interrogation may be effective, but is still morally wrong, go right ahead.