Author Topic: How to watch Weber's Wildcats on the east coast?  (Read 21608 times)

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: How to watch Weber's Wildcats on the east coast?
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »
Links working fine. I'm catching up on Georgia football with Mark Richt right now. 

Thanks jmart  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:58:26 PM by Hurricane Cat »

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 06:59:38 PM »
It works, but isn't very effective with streaming video as it is delayed and tends to struggle at times by pausing then catching up.  The video stream is excellent on my computer. I am currently researching other ways people online suggest casting video.

Offline jmarks

• Combo-Fan
  • To find a stream! > therealstreamhub.site
    • View Profile
    • StreamHub NCAA Forum
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 07:02:48 PM »
It works, but isn't very effective with streaming video as it is delayed and tends to struggle at times by pausing then catching up.  The video stream is excellent on my computer. I am currently researching other ways people online suggest casting video.
I'd be interested in your results. TIA

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 07:07:13 PM »
jmarks is prolly going to get a high score when we have our annual review consensus meetings.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »

Unfortunately everything I am finding helps to stream all sorts of media content to chromecast, but I haven't been able to find out how to cast the media playing in the VLC.

Offline geesiskryst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 07:24:43 PM »
anyone else having issues with the video stalling?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2014, 07:27:08 PM »
anyone else having issues with the video stalling?

A little, you might need to downgrade your quality with a different link.

Offline geesiskryst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2014, 07:29:35 PM »
already downgraded to the 1264 link.

Just ran speedtest and I'm running at 30Mbps. Not the greatest, but should be able to handle that resolution I would think.

Offline jmarks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • StreamHub NCAA Forum
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2014, 07:31:42 PM »

Unfortunately everything I am finding helps to stream all sorts of media content to chromecast, but I haven't been able to find out how to cast the media playing in the VLC.
Thanks... I kinda figured. It's no good for tonight I realize, but one thing to consider if you're going to be streaming video in the future is to buy the right video card for your PC.
3 factors to consider.
1, It needs to have multiple video outs, with one being the type you can connect to your TV. If your TV has HDMI the that's best.
2, it has to fit into a PCI , PCI Express 16X, etc slot. You'll need to look inside the PC to be sure, and it needs to be compatible with your OS. PCI Express usually gives best results.
3, It will have to have enough Video RAM. For HDMI 512 or higher. For S-video 256 or higher.

I've seen really good cards on Ebay for as low as 20 bucks, so it's very affordable. I suggest a little research is quite valuable before a purchase, but it's really straight forward for the most part. I've done it many times for myself and friends with no issues. Good Luck! :)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2014, 07:32:23 PM »
I have 15 mbits and am using the highest res with no issues except the score of the game

jmarks for poster of the year
emaw

Offline jmarks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • StreamHub NCAA Forum
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »
already downgraded to the 1264 link.

Just ran speedtest and I'm running at 30Mbps. Not the greatest, but should be able to handle that resolution I would think.
If you're using a PC with windows, you can try increasing the CPU priority in Task Manager.

Right click a blank spot in your taskbar. Select Task Manager > processes.
Right click VLC and increase priority to "Above Normal".
Don't go any higher.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2014, 07:35:31 PM »
mine keeps stopping, 8 down/5 up

ios

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline geesiskryst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »
running a mac. IOS10.9.5

Offline jmarks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • StreamHub NCAA Forum
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 07:37:30 PM »
mine keeps stopping, 8 down/5 up

ios
Have the latest VLC? I'm not that good with iOS so not sure how to increase CPU priority with MACs, etc.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »
For me the video will play for a minute or so and then the video freezes and the audio keeps repeating, like 20 seconds worth, ad nasuem. Very weird and frustrating problem that I didn't have the other day when this stream worked perfectly for me. I tried restarting the stream, then I tried stepping down to a lower res stream, but with the same results each time. Any ideas?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 07:39:34 PM »
i meant osx but ya latest vlc.  don't sweat it, think my connection is screwy

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 07:40:32 PM »
minus a couple hiccups I have a great stream on my mac and it's ancient! haha

Offline jmarks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • StreamHub NCAA Forum
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
For me the video will play for a minute or so and then the video freezes and the audio keeps repeating, like 20 seconds worth, ad nasuem. Very weird and frustrating problem that I didn't have the other day when this stream worked perfectly for me. I tried restarting the stream, then I tried stepping down to a lower res stream, but with the same results each time. Any ideas?
Dump your cache and cookies and retry. I'm checking it to see if I have the same issue. brb

Offline geesiskryst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »
Thanks jmarks. Feel bad that you're running IT when you should be watching the game.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2014, 07:44:37 PM »
Dump your cache and cookies and retry. I'm checking it to see if I have the same issue. brb

I'm using VLC, not the VLC plugin, do browser cache and cookies still have some effect? If so, which ones, I switch between FF, Chrome, IE and Opera according to whim.

Offline jmarks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • StreamHub NCAA Forum
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2014, 07:47:51 PM »
Thanks jmarks. Feel bad that you're running IT when you should be watching the game.
It's all good... :D Really happy to help out great fans like y'all.
I'm watching on regular TV or was. just wish the Cats were kicking their ass! C'mon Boys!!!

I checked the stream with different bitrates and all seem to working great for me. Let them each go a couple of minutes with no issues

Offline Duncan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »

I'm using VLC, not the VLC plugin, do browser cache and cookies still have some effect? If so, which ones, I switch between FF, Chrome, IE and Opera according to whim.

STD probably

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2014, 07:48:52 PM »

You sir are a crazy man!

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »
thanks jmarks.  just go ahead and make this your official thread for the rest of the season or go ahead and make your own masterthread.   :cheers:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2014, 07:52:30 PM »

You sir are a crazy man!

Yeah, I'm weird.