Author Topic: Fixing the Octagon.  (Read 119751 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing the Octagon.
« Reply #850 on: November 17, 2014, 12:10:30 PM »
The seats look real doom'y with the focused lighting only on the court.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 17, 2014, 01:24:57 PM »
Incredible.
:dance:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 17, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »
why on earth would you put a giant windows 95 mouse in your gradient-shaded logo with your disgusting sounding name all over your favorite school's basketball court? makes no sense to me.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 17, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
why on earth would you put a giant windows 95 mouse in your gradient-shaded logo with your disgusting sounding name all over your favorite school's basketball court? makes no sense to me.

it's not even a hyperlink, either.  drugs?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 17, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »

Any idea how much they are paying to have that nasty thing all over the place? It still upsets me that they cover up the nice embroidered player/coach seats with it.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 17, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »
pretty baller move from currie to make it so you can't see how many empty seats there are  :love:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 17, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »
pretty baller move from currie to make it so you can't see how many empty seats there are  :love:
Very baller. Smart.

Offline kimballcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 18, 2014, 07:25:49 AM »

I had the same thought.  That guy is amazeballs with the small details.

Offline powercat_62

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 18, 2014, 08:27:58 AM »
Is it just me, or does the darker stained wood look much better this year?  Is it the new lighting, or did they re-finish the floor when they put on the new Big 12 logos?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 18, 2014, 08:36:54 AM »
It definitely didn't seem as drastic of a color difference on my computer through my sweet VLC feed. (thanks JMarks!)

My theory though? I thought I hated the new BIGXII Tapout logo. . .but it actually looks really nice on the floor. I think that detracts the eyes from the darker stain. 

Offline kimballcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 18, 2014, 09:24:35 AM »
Is it just me, or does the darker stained wood look much better this year?  Is it the new lighting, or did they re-finish the floor when they put on the new Big 12 logos?

I believe they refinished the floor in the offseason.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 18, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »
i think the OOD has looked great on tv the first two games. guessing it's just because of the lighting change.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 18, 2014, 11:11:34 AM »
i think the OOD has looked great on tv the first two games. guessing it's just because of the lighting change.

Indubitably.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 18, 2014, 11:58:19 AM »
When "make noise" strobes in the OOSB(score board), I have a physical reaction to it.  I can't look straight at it.  It hurts.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 18, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »
not sure if they refinished the floor in the offseason.  but, the entire floor (light and dark) looks lighter.  I think it has something to do with the brighter lights. 

either way, looks much better. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 18, 2014, 01:09:44 PM »
not sure if they refinished the floor in the offseason.  but, the entire floor (light and dark) looks lighter.  I think it has something to do with the brighter lights. 

either way, looks much better.

they did refinish it

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 19, 2014, 10:22:37 AM »
Had to replace my steering column at Briggs once. They ended up breaking my blinker and cracking my plastic dash piece in the process. They can go eff themselves. I wish they would go advertise at KU.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 19, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »
Had to replace my steering column at Briggs once. They ended up breaking my blinker and cracking my plastic dash piece in the process. They can go eff themselves. I wish they would go advertise at KU.

Can we make this viral? I'm ready for some new mega-sponsor with a bad logo to ruin all our pretty things.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 19, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »

was it way overpriced? i hope so, briggs is doing the official estimate for my recent collision and i want to pocket a ton of cash.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 20, 2014, 02:12:19 PM »

was it way overpriced? i hope so, briggs is doing the official estimate for my recent collision and i want to pocket a ton of cash.
Yes

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 20, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »

Yes

:kstategrad:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 29, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
Maybe the most disappointing thing to me, as I continue my walk towards the BID bandwagon based on current events.

Is that no one is going to want to step up and fund the needed remodeling of Bramlage if Bruceketball continues to push the needle to burn in stage above "Down" on the John Currie Trend-O-Meter.

Eventually the BSFS total overhaul will run its course, and to be blunt:  This facilities junkie just isn't going to get his fix on a track resurfacing or some improvements to the baseball field.

:frown:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 30, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »
So now we have a rough ridin' sonic logo on the court?  :curse: