Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3212838 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Hmmm

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
YouTube shorts? Pull yourself together man.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Don't be jealous, bruv, that the most famous person on the planet is repping KU.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
I am starting to come around to Dax and Jesse Waters notion that Swift is a deep state plant...

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
She always been one for charity so it makes sense.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I will also note that while it looks like she's rolling a joint (a very KU activity), she's actually sewing.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Guys, almost zero KU fans have ever set foot in an opposing school’s stadium. They will have no idea what they are missing.  Whatever they build, their fans will simply assume it must be the best in the league, if not the entire country.

Being the architect or general contractor for anything at KU is the easiest job in the world.

It's a little sad how true this is. Outside of a few with the will and means to travel to an away football game, they really don't comprehend how far behind they are.

I still don't believe they're going to get it completed. These cost overruns and unrealistic estimates are going to cut this whole thing down at the knees.

Two months later and my original position has only been solidified.

Five months down the road from this post and my position continues to be solidified by the actions of the powers that be in Lawrence. Unreal

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Alll your taxes are belong to me!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I am starting to come around to Dax and Jesse Waters notion that Swift is a deep state plant...
I love TSwizzle you giant try hard derp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Iirc her very good friend is a squawk, so it's nice she's supporting her friend in this time of stadium disappointment
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Love Taylor Swift and KU rivalry aside, that sweatshirt is ugly as eff and would have a permanent spot in the kstateo thread if we sold it

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Hmmm

Does it show her smoking that spleef after she rolled it?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's Beak'em Hawks level cringe

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
iirc her Beak ‘Em bud was maybe on the swim team

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Dax "it's too late now" Plan for KU Stadium Renovation.

Phase One: Cal Stadium the North horseshoe (see below) leaving the outer wall.  Reconstruct north endzone stands closer to field leaving a wide promenade style covered concourse underneath. Put in infrastructure and elevators and construct the John Hadl Endzone Club above. A series of suites, loge boxes and club seating.  Incorporate two sizeable but not garish video boards in the corners. Refurbish outer walls leaving the architectural features and if possible incorporate large windows to let natural light into the concourse area. Take exterior wall design cues from the Spencer Museum of Art exterior.  Tastefully incorporate LED exterior lighting and several back lit tasteful Jayhawks on the outer walls.  Engraved look "Kansas Memorial Stadium" above the main North Entrance.  Possibly take additional design cues from Indiana Memorial Stadium (see below)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Phase Two: East Stadium Renovation - Gut KU Memorial East Stadium and push lower concourse level out considerably.  Exterior takes design and look cues from Spencer Museum of Art (see below). Extend East Concourse to the North ensuring connection into the North Endzone Lower Concourse. The goal is to allow someone to walk around the under the entire seating infrastructure without having to step outside.  Push concourse up to allow for all new concessions and restroom infrastructure on top for the upper level.  If money is an issue don't extend exterior outer walls to the upper concourse.  To fill that exterior place  a low density LED video capable screen across the entire length of the East Stadium. The type you see incorporated into the outfield walls of MLB stadiums these days. No high density LED video board on the exterior, this isn't Vegas. Use board to run tastefully created videos of KU football highlights and legends on game days.  This fills the open gap between the new lower concourse outer wall, covers the infrastructure for the new upper level concourse and saves some bucks on concrete-steel and stone. 

Interior concourse is obviously all new fan accommodations. Move original Memorial Stadium plaques to a center piece atrium type display, and incorporate the story of the construction of the stadium engraved in stone below the plagues. Exterior boasts tasteful backlit Jayhawks. Use tasteful LED lighting in the upper levels to accent the stadium infrastructure and shadows at night. 

All concourse interior incorporates LED signage and fan information boards.

The East stadium seating areas remain largely untouched. Ingress/egress to upper levels is redone, multiple high capacity elevators are incorporated into the design

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It seems beneath Goff to respond to this. But also, thanks for your taxpayer dollars!

https://x.com/LifeofFitz/status/1781696946379411543

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
I have to think whatever taytay netted from her last show should more than cover the gap of what's needed to get this reno paid for in full, what an absolute crap fan

Offline CatTracks

• Fan
    • View Profile
Using KS Taxpayers Money for a FB stadium, makes KU Welfare U in my mind.  Wonder if they will be taking food stamps at the concession stands? 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Iirc her very good friend is a squawk, so it's nice she's supporting her friend in this time of stadium disappointment

You're recalling correctly. Her BFF went there. I know plenty of friends who saw her around lawrentucky in the early 2010s
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile