Author Topic: Officiating  (Read 10680 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Officiating
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »
Sweet avatar, cvmcat.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2013, 11:27:51 PM »
College basketball officiating has gotten rediculously bad over recent years.  It's rough ridin' atrocious and I cannot believe something isn't being done about it.  You just want to strangle those effing idiots after nearly every possession.  I remember telling my son recently that you know how bad officiating has gotten when Higgins is the one in charge of make-up calls.

I can't even hardly stand to watch a game any more, and am pretty sure my doctor would not like what it does to my blood pressure.  Between shitty officiating and not having a guard that can hit an uncontested 3-pointer or a big man that can make a layup, I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to having a stroke.

The supervision of officials is amazingly awful.  Most conference supervisors are recently retired officials evaluating their friends.  Its a cushy job with great pay and high job security.  What is making things worse is the proliferation of NBA officials fired getting high profile college conferences.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »
wow.  tonight was bad.  not bias bad, well except for Huggins absolutely clownsuiting them, but over all really bad.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2013, 10:50:15 PM »
48 fouls. 29 in the 2nd half.  I cant even count how many of those fouls were ticky tacky. 

Glad had the big lead but those refs had no clue what they were doing out there tonight.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2013, 10:53:31 PM »
my god, i hate this thread.  are you fans of the kstate wildcats or of the refs?  take it to a rough ridin' reffing and college bball quality board if you want to discuss these Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) topics.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2013, 10:54:48 PM »
my god, i hate this thread.  are you fans of the kstate wildcats or of the refs?  take it to a rough ridin' reffing and college bball quality board if you want to discuss these Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) topics.

I'm usually pretty meh about officiating, but tonight was terrible. I hate it when they take away any flow to a game, and they did that and more.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2013, 10:56:34 PM »
I'm usually pretty meh about officiating, but tonight was terrible. I hate it when they take away any flow to a game, and they did that and more.

did they cost us the game?  no, ergo it's all irrelevant.  you play to win the game, not to allow refs to ref.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pufiZzle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »
At one point I had to switch the channel to the Baylor/UCONN game.........was making my eyes bleed.  Sucks that it was our Big Monday game and nobody outside of Kansas/West Virginia watched it

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:06 PM »

did they cost us the game?  no, ergo it's all irrelevant.  you play to win the game, not to allow refs to ref.

I don't believe in officials ever really costing a team a game.

I do believe they can get caught up in whatever they get caught up in and poorly call a game. Tonight they did.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:57 PM »
I do believe they can get caught up in whatever they get caught up in and poorly call a game. Tonight they did.

if they didn't cost us the game, then they did their job.

Offline pufiZzle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 11:02:46 PM »

that's like........pretty deep.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2013, 11:02:49 PM »

Completely and totally false.  Their job is to ref the game within the boundaries of the rules.  Not to get caught up in emotion and alter the game.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 11:04:10 PM »
Can we take a sidebar and talk about how terrible fran is?  Far worse than any officiating.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2013, 11:17:21 PM »
Can we take a sidebar and talk about how terrible fran is?  Far worse than any officiating.
Yes, let's. He was terrible.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2013, 11:42:24 PM »
Kilicli's first foul might have been the worst I have ever seen. We need a gif of that.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »
Kilicli's first foul might have been the worst I have ever seen. We need a gif of that.

On par with Gipson's first foul vs KU. I don't think I've ever seen Gip have a cleaner boxout. They were both just head-scratching bad, I mean, they got PAID to make those calls.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline one time gella

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2013, 12:13:22 AM »

I don't believe in officials ever really costing a team a game.

Mike McCarthy disagrees...

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »
Yes, let's. He was terrible.

I'd take Fran over Bob Knight any day.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 09:26:15 AM »
who cares who's calling a game unless it is Bilas or Gottleib.  :ck:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2013, 09:32:53 AM »
I always enjoy when Jon "Boog" Sciambi calls games. He's probably my favorite right now, especially when he gets paired with somebody good.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2013, 11:03:53 AM »
Sciambi is great.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2013, 10:22:49 PM »
His mouth is crooked and it bugs me

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2013, 01:26:31 AM »

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »
KU not getting calls!!  :emawkid:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
Lucas hasn't been watching the 2nd OT.  My goodness this is awful.  Smart's 4th and 5th foul.  With on the line with about a minute to go.   Just awful work.