Author Topic: So immigration...  (Read 60238 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So immigration...
« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2015, 10:22:27 AM »
Catch. And Release. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2015/01/27/mesa-qt-killing-suspect-subject-deportation-proceedings/22383351/

Not to worry though. Now that the Republicans are in charge of Congress, we'll finally get a real border security bill! Right?

Is the argument that people shouldn't get deportation hearings or be allowed out on bond?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2015, 11:32:30 AM »
Catch. And Release. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2015/01/27/mesa-qt-killing-suspect-subject-deportation-proceedings/22383351/

Not to worry though. Now that the Republicans are in charge of Congress, we'll finally get a real border security bill! Right?

Is the argument that people shouldn't get deportation hearings or be allowed out on bond?

Given that something like 99.5% never show up for their deportation hearing, the argument would be that you hire more magistrates and require a hearing within 30 days, and you are not allowed out on bond. A bond, by the way, is almost never required, and was only required in this case due to a prior conviction. That would be actual border enforcement.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 27, 2015, 11:36:37 AM »

Given that something like 99.5% never show up for their deportation hearing, the argument would be that you hire more magistrates and require a hearing within 30 days, and you are not allowed out on bond. A bond, by the way, is almost never required, and was only required in this case due to a prior conviction. That would be actual border enforcement.

Oh, I'd agree that with a prior conviction and deportation, we should probably just load the guy up and send him back.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 28, 2015, 04:15:06 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Loretta Lynch, our next Attorney General. She will be a suitable replacement for Eric Holder.

SESSIONS:
Well, just let me wrap up by asking this: Are you — if — if a person comes here and is given a lawful right under the president’s executive amnesty to have Social Security and a work authorization card, what if somebody prefers to hire an American citizen first? Would you take action against them?

Do you understand this to mean that those who are given executive amnesty are entitled as much as anybody else in America to compete for a job in America?

LYNCH:
 Well, I don’t believe that it would give anyone any greater access to the workforce, and certainly an employer would be looking at the issues of citizenship in making those determinations.

SESSIONS:
 Would you take action against an employer who says, “No, I prefer to hire someone that came to the country lawfully rather than someone given executive amnesty by the president”? Would Department of Justice take action against them?

LYNCH:
 With respect to the — the provision about temporary deferral, I did not read it as providing a legal amnesty, that is, that permanent status there, but a temporary deferral.

With respect to whether or not those individuals would be able to seek redress for employment discrimination, if — if that is the purpose of your question, again, I haven’t studied that legal issue.

I certainly think you raised an important point and would look forward to discussing it with you and using — and relying upon your thoughts and experience as we consider that point.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 28, 2015, 04:21:46 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Loretta Lynch, our next Attorney General. She will be a suitable replacement for Eric Holder.

SESSIONS:
Well, just let me wrap up by asking this: Are you — if — if a person comes here and is given a lawful right under the president’s executive amnesty to have Social Security and a work authorization card, what if somebody prefers to hire an American citizen first? Would you take action against them?

Do you understand this to mean that those who are given executive amnesty are entitled as much as anybody else in America to compete for a job in America?

LYNCH:
 Well, I don’t believe that it would give anyone any greater access to the workforce, and certainly an employer would be looking at the issues of citizenship in making those determinations.

SESSIONS:
 Would you take action against an employer who says, “No, I prefer to hire someone that came to the country lawfully rather than someone given executive amnesty by the president”? Would Department of Justice take action against them?

LYNCH:
 With respect to the — the provision about temporary deferral, I did not read it as providing a legal amnesty, that is, that permanent status there, but a temporary deferral.

With respect to whether or not those individuals would be able to seek redress for employment discrimination, if — if that is the purpose of your question, again, I haven’t studied that legal issue.

I certainly think you raised an important point and would look forward to discussing it with you and using — and relying upon your thoughts and experience as we consider that point.

I would take that as a "Yes".

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 28, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »
Really? I'd take that as a no.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 28, 2015, 04:34:08 PM »
It's an "I don't know"

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 28, 2015, 04:38:30 PM »
A "probably not"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 28, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 28, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
It's an "I don't know"

Which is pretty amazing. She is so worried about going against the party line that she "doesn't know" whether an illegal immigrant who has been granted amnesty from deportation can sue for employment discrimination.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 28, 2015, 07:32:32 PM »
Sessions sounds like a crazy old kook, it's probably wise to not engage in dialogue with him

http://www.c-span.org/video/?323993-1/us-attorney-general-nominee-confirmation-hearing&live

^Sessions starts at 1:20:40, the questioning that led up to the quoted question is at 1:27
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:40:22 PM by michigancat »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #411 on: January 28, 2015, 07:51:10 PM »
If anyone is a cook, it's Lynch
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #412 on: January 28, 2015, 07:52:34 PM »
I mean, how on earth can you not know the only correct answer to that question? What the eff is wrong with all these loser radicals b.o. puts in charge of crap?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 28, 2015, 08:53:10 PM »
Sessions sounds like a crazy old kook, it's probably wise to not engage in dialogue with him

http://www.c-span.org/video/?323993-1/us-attorney-general-nominee-confirmation-hearing&live

^Sessions starts at 1:20:40, the questioning that led up to the quoted question is at 1:27

Yeah I left out the five questions he had to first ask her just to get her to acknowledge that legal status for immigrants is a privilege - not a right. It was painful but she ultimately got to the right answer on that. Sessions is far from a crank.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 28, 2015, 09:07:08 PM »

Sessions is far from a crank.

Well fooled me

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 28, 2015, 09:16:42 PM »

Sessions is far from a crank.

Well fooled me

I'm not sure how you can watch that exchange and conclude that Sessions is the crank. I guess it's not cool to be an advocate for law and order, but I would hope that would be a priority for an AG.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:33:30 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 28, 2015, 09:17:58 PM »
OK

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 02, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/231394-cdc-director-warns-of-measles-outbreak

Golly, I wonder where the glut of un-immunized kids is coming from? :dunno:  we used to check for this kind of thing back when we had a legal functioning immigration system.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 02, 2015, 10:05:45 AM »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/231394-cdc-director-warns-of-measles-outbreak

Golly, I wonder where the glut of un-immunized kids is coming from? :dunno:  we used to check for this kind of thing back when we had a legal functioning immigration system.

Jenny McCarthy disciples

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 17, 2015, 08:52:29 AM »
Federal court in Texas has temporarily suspended Barack Obama's illegal illegal alien amnesty pending outcome of litigation. I believe the injunction will be appealed. A small win for the rule of law.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150217/us--immigration_lawsuit-c50009fcae.html

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2015, 10:06:44 AM »
Federal court in Texas has temporarily suspended Barack Obama's illegal illegal alien amnesty pending outcome of litigation. I believe the injunction will be appealed. A small win for the rule of law.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150217/us--immigration_lawsuit-c50009fcae.html

The always correct Texas judicial system in action.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2015, 11:36:09 AM »

The always correct Texas judicial system in action.

This federal judge is correct in this instance. Obama has gone much further than any possible definition of "prosecutorial discretion." This is not simply a matter of choosing not to deport a broad swath of illegal immigrant, which might at least arguably be within his discretion "not to prosecute." Instead, Obama's "Executive Memorandum" actually attempts to create an entirely new shadow immigration system, complete with work permits, social security numbers, etc. It's a joke, and it is absolutely unconstitutional.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »
Activist judges  :angry:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2015, 01:21:08 PM »
Activist judges  :angry:

It's not "activist" to follow the Constitution.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:51 AM »
Chairman Ann sums it up perfectly. http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2015-02-18.html