Author Topic: So immigration...  (Read 60192 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: So immigration...
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »
Sometimes people forget that we're talking about people here. People deserve dignity. All people deserve dignity.  We're treating these kids like trash, and it makes me sick.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2014, 01:53:16 PM »
Sometimes people forget that we're talking about people here. People deserve dignity. All people deserve dignity.  We're treating these kids like trash, and it makes me sick.

People are demanding that the government retain custody of the children until they are returned to their families, rather than releasing them into the United States. At this point, our border patrol has been transformed into nothing more than taxpayer subsidized coyotes. What would you do? How long should this go on?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2014, 01:53:35 PM »
can't say I blame them.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2014, 01:54:06 PM »

I agree. I don't like the idea of just putting them into camps and busing them around, but the protesters that follow the buses full of kids around are just pathetic.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2014, 01:54:56 PM »
Wrong brown people - classic mix up!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »
can't say I blame them.

Glad we agree. I don't see as much sympathy for the dead children washing up in the Rio Grande. The whole situation is disgusting, and Obama's policies are to blame.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »

People are demanding that the government retain custody of the children until they are returned to their families, rather than releasing them into the United States. At this point, our border patrol has been transformed into nothing more than taxpayer subsidized coyotes. What would you do? How long should this go on?

Let them live here.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2014, 01:57:11 PM »

Let them live here.

I like my idea better.  Invite Mexicans to come build a Great Wall of Mexico, and then when it's done, let them and their families stay in America.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2014, 01:57:44 PM »
can't say I blame them.

Glad we agree. I don't see as much sympathy for the dead children washing up in the Rio Grande. The whole situation is disgusting, and Obama's policies are to blame.

Dude, I'm no Obama fan but come on.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2014, 02:00:38 PM »

Let them live here.

Ok, so open border policy, then? And how many billions more should we spend on welfare to support them? Hell, Obama wants 4 billion just to hire more attorneys and judges to more quickly "process" them (read, release them for a court date they'll never make).

I guess when you're running a deficit of nearly $1 trillion annually, another 10-20 billion (for starters) just looks like chump change.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »
Why not just put them into the foster care system?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2014, 02:02:40 PM »
can't say I blame them.

You don't agree that Obama's public pronouncements of DREAMer amnesty aren't to blame for this? So you think the immigrants themselves are lying?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2014, 02:04:30 PM »
If we had any sort of an immigration policy that made sense, these kids would already be living in America legally with their parents.

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »
Bodies are exhumed from their graves and left propped up in Guatemala if relatives fail to pay cemetery fees

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »
It could be said that the absolute unwillingness of congress to actually do something one way or the other regarding immigration is causing situations like this.  After all, the $4B and the detention is all due to the current law dictating how these kids have to be handled before being deported.  This is a Red and Blue issue.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2014, 02:30:26 PM »
can't say I blame them.

You don't agree that Obama's public pronouncements of DREAMer amnesty aren't to blame for this? So you think the immigrants themselves are lying?

No. People are poor and see prosperity in the United States and want to come here.

Let them live here.

Ok, so open border policy, then? And how many billions more should we spend on welfare to support them? Hell, Obama wants 4 billion just to hire more attorneys and judges to more quickly "process" them (read, release them for a court date they'll never make).

I guess when you're running a deficit of nearly $1 trillion annually, another 10-20 billion (for starters) just looks like chump change.

There are plenty of Stevesies.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2014, 02:35:45 PM »
It could be said that the absolute unwillingness of congress to actually do something one way or the other regarding immigration is causing situations like this.  After all, the $4B and the detention is all due to the current law dictating how these kids have to be handled before being deported.  This is a Red and Blue issue.

That's a cop out. The "red" have "done" plenty on immigration in the past - we've had several amnesties, including under Ronald Reagan. Each time, real border enforcement was promised, and never delivered.

This time, Republicans had one non-negotiable demand: border enforcement first. But because the Democrats won't agree to that, and because Democrats still hold the WH and Senate, the whole process has been stymied. You would think that "border enforcement first" is a reasonable demand - a majority of Americans agree with that - but Democrats insist on nothing less than "comprehensive immigration reform," which is just another amnesty wrapped in a broken promise.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2014, 02:40:22 PM »
can't say I blame them.

No. People are poor and see prosperity in the United States and want to come here.

And it's just a coincidence that the recent flood of illegal immigration happens to coincide with Obama's announcements concerning deferred deportation and "amnesty" for DREAMers? Golly, I guess all these Central American countries suddenly got a lot poorer.

Tens of thousands of illegal immigrants have flocked to the U.S. in recent months, believing the Dream Act, as well as a 2008 law that grants an asylum hearing to any child not from a border nation, and the White House policy known as “prosecutorial discretion” means once they arrive, they’ll never have to go back.
Many of the illegal immigrants tell Border Patrol and Texas state authorities they learned from the media in their home countries that if they crossed the border to the U.S. right now, they’d be given papers and allowed to stay, border sources who interview the immigrants told FoxNews.com.

President Obama and his aides have repeatedly sought to dispel the rumors driving thousands of children and teens from Central America to cross the U.S. border each month with the expectation they will be given a permiso and allowed to stay..

But under the Obama administration, those reports have proved increasingly true.

The number of immigrants under 18 who were deported or turned away at ports of entry fell from 8,143 in 2008, the last year of the George W. Bush administration, to 1,669 last year, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement data released under a Freedom of Information Act request.

Similarly, about 600 minors were ordered deported each year from nonborder states a decade ago. Ninety-five were deported last year, records show, even as a flood of unaccompanied minors from Central America — five times more than two years earlier — began pouring across the Southwest border.

"Word of mouth gets back, and now people are calling and saying, 'This is what I said'" in court, said a senior U.S. law enforcement official, who was not authorized to speak on the record. "Whether it is true or not, the perception is that they are successfully entering the United States.... That is what is driving up the landings."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:44:43 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2014, 02:41:15 PM »
Its not a cop out.  Name an issue and there will be ppl telling you they are willing to negotiate as long as you do everything I want first.  Thats just dumb and you know it. 

Demanding border enforcement first, not negotiating anything, and then doing nothing just makes sure the issue is as bad or worse later. 

Middle of the road has to be an option on all issues this big or nothing ever gets done.  So, making intial demands that must be met before continuing forward at all is a very quick way of making sure exactly nothing happens.  Again, you know that.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »
Is there any doubt left that K-S-U is a terrible human?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »

That's a cop out. The "red" have "done" plenty on immigration in the past - we've had several amnesties, including under Ronald Reagan. Each time, real border enforcement was promised, and never delivered.

This time, Republicans had one non-negotiable demand: border enforcement first. But because the Democrats won't agree to that, and because Democrats still hold the WH and Senate, the whole process has been stymied. You would think that "border enforcement first" is a reasonable demand - a majority of Americans agree with that - but Democrats insist on nothing less than "comprehensive immigration reform," which is just another amnesty wrapped in a broken promise.

fun read

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »
Its not a cop out.  Name an issue and there will be ppl telling you they are willing to negotiate as long as you do everything I want first.  Thats just dumb and you know it. 

Demanding border enforcement first, not negotiating anything, and then doing nothing just makes sure the issue is as bad or worse later. 

Middle of the road has to be an option on all issues this big or nothing ever gets done.  So, making intial demands that must be met before continuing forward at all is a very quick way of making sure exactly nothing happens.  Again, you know that.

You might have a point if we hadn't already tried amnesty, multiple times, and the promised border security never materialized. Sealing the border to illegal immigration and "doing nothing else" would be a good start. The fact that Democrats won't allow this just proves that they will never support border security.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »

Disagreeing on political issues doesn't make him a terrible human. I think he's being cold and partisan, but we all do that sometimes.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »
Ok, so open border policy, then? And how many billions more should we spend on welfare to support them?

0, same as now.  amazing how stupid people get hung up on borders.  borders are retards.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2014, 02:53:34 PM »

Disagreeing on political issues doesn't make him a terrible human.

Disagreeing on a political issue doesn't necessarily make him a terrible human, but it definitely could, depending on the issue and his stance.