Author Topic: Having trouble with your golf game?  (Read 17300 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble with your golf game?
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2023, 10:14:10 AM »
I have a question: what is the more satisfying way of getting a birdie, if you get it through improbable means like chipping in/draining a 40’ putt/on a par3 hitting your tee shot within a few feet of the hole…or is it more satisfying to get it like how the pros do, solid drive, solid approach, drain a 10-15 footer?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2023, 10:43:21 AM »
The 2nd one for sure

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2023, 10:54:09 AM »
no better feeling than hitting an iron shot close

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2023, 11:28:37 AM »
no better feeling than hitting an iron shot close

agree

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2023, 12:07:56 PM »
the others feel like luck even though hitting it close is just as lucky too. for a moment you feel like a golfing god

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2023, 03:49:11 PM »
If I can hit my 3W off the deck, I feel like at least a demigod

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2023, 03:54:30 PM »

My 3W is like the only long club I'm good at. I hit it off a tee or off the deck, doesn't matter. Use it instead of driver most times. My driving game sucks. I should probably get fitted for a driver. Maybe that's it.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2023, 04:02:53 PM »
I have a question: what is the more satisfying way of getting a birdie, if you get it through improbable means like chipping in/draining a 40’ putt/on a par3 hitting your tee shot within a few feet of the hole…or is it more satisfying to get it like how the pros do, solid drive, solid approach, drain a 10-15 footer?
Eagle 3 is the best feeling. On in 2 and sink that 15' put.

Makes it even better when the guy you're gambling with and beating soundly wants double or nothing at the 18th tee box.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2023, 05:55:09 PM »

My 3W is like the only long club I'm good at. I hit it off a tee or off the deck, doesn't matter. Use it instead of driver most times. My driving game sucks. I should probably get fitted for a driver. Maybe that's it.

I thoroughly enjoyed my driver fitting on Friday, guy threw a lot of interesting data at me with the different heads and shafts and shaft lengths. Or at least I thought it was interesting and then I looked up the trackman data for the pga tour pros and  that was humbling.

But in terms of club speed and ball speed…I think I would be upper middle class (on the senior tour)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2023, 06:24:55 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed my driver fitting on Friday, guy threw a lot of interesting data at me with the different heads and shafts and shaft lengths. Or at least I thought it was interesting and then I looked up the trackman data for the pga tour pros and  that was humbling.

But in terms of club speed and ball speed…I think I would be upper middle class (on the senior tour)

Data. So that's what we're calling it, huh? No judgment.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2023, 08:13:08 PM »

Data. So that's what we're calling it, huh? No judgment.

Family blog, etc etc

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2023, 08:39:01 AM »

In a stroke play/best ball event with money on the line: The first one.
In a practice/fun round: The second one.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2023, 08:52:08 AM »
Here's a question. Par 70 course. Would you rather shoot a 70 w/ 18 pars, or a 72 w/ 8 birdies and 10 bogeys?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2023, 08:56:07 AM »
Sign me up for any round that I can make 8 birdies over the course of 18 holes. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2023, 10:24:59 AM »
If I shot in the 70s I’d be doing Pete Weber celebrations no matter how I got there
:adios:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2023, 12:09:48 PM »
If I shot in the 70s I’d be doing Pete Weber celebrations no matter how I got there
^this right here

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2023, 08:06:43 AM »
Just wanted to come in here and brag for a moment. Finally got a couple chances to play with my new sticks. On Friday, the last 7 holes…6 of them I had a birdie putt and the other one I had an eagle putt.

So now I need to go spend some time on the practice green bc i played those 7 holes at +1, but let me tell you lads it was a lot of fun stringing together so many GsIR (greens in regulation)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2023, 09:37:26 AM »
Just wanted to come in here and brag for a moment. Finally got a couple chances to play with my new sticks. On Friday, the last 7 holes…6 of them I had a birdie putt and the other one I had an eagle putt.

So now I need to go spend some time on the practice green bc i played those 7 holes at +1, but let me tell you lads it was a lot of fun stringing together so many GsIR (greens in regulation)

Why are you up so early on a Sunday?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2023, 11:49:40 AM »

You striking it will enough now to regularly shot shape and put some back spin on the short irons?  At my peak I could hit it straight, fade, draw on command but I never have had good enough skills to get the ball to spin back.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2023, 03:49:58 PM »

Why are you up so early on a Sunday?

I have a 3yr old, every day is chaos

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2023, 03:58:02 PM »

You striking it will enough now to regularly shot shape and put some back spin on the short irons?  At my peak I could hit it straight, fade, draw on command but I never have had good enough skills to get the ball to spin back.

Can’t fade it with any consistency. My natural ball flight is a little bit of a draw (the new clubs have straightened it out a bit) and I can hit shots with more draw. I don’t know that I necessarily spin it back, but my ball is usually within 5 ft of my ballmark so it stays put.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile