Author Topic: vegas  (Read 117912 times)

Offline krazykat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2010, 08:37:13 PM »
my bad... this is the place.......

http://www.lasalsacantinalv.com/index.php

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2010, 10:14:49 PM »
Did you put $100 on the cats to win it all next year? 37-1 odds which means after the ville burns down I'm hopping on a plane to blow $3700 on cheap hookers and blow.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2010, 11:57:18 PM »
I think we dealt with the canadian chick the last night of VegasPak.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2010, 12:37:13 PM »
wow on the write up. My trip has been a blur. I will try to piece it back together after I review the pics on my phone.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2010, 01:30:28 PM »
This thread just makes me miss Vegas hard

Offline krazykat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2010, 02:38:41 AM »
wow on the write up. My trip has been a blur. I will try to piece it back together after I review the pics on my phone.

yup. i had to sketch some time lines over a 3 day period to pull it all in.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2010, 09:54:57 PM »
Spent good part of a summer there.  Was back in June, stayed at Palazzo but have no way in hell remembering the kind of stuff you guys remember.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »
ugh, just got back.  i hate vegas's guts right now.

cire.  per your recommendo, i stopped at that burrito place at 7 am despite not being hungry.  fantastic.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »
got back @ 7 last night. Still hurting badly. I think I might have done permanent damage this time.

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »
just won a trip for two at the local watering hole the other day, super excited, a buddy of mine also won a trip for two at said bar  :drink: :drink:

this thread will help as 3 of the 4 if not all 4  will be vegas virgins  :runaway:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »
i got in on Duke @ 8-1 and the KATS  @ 20-1 at the Venetian sports book.  kind of powertardy bets but it felt cool making the guy who ran the sports book tell me that he didn't have a prop bet for k-state (said they were in the field) and when i pressed him for the information, he was surprised to find out they did have odds for me.  

had to support the devilkats.

restaurants ate at:  
-Thomas Keller's Las Vegas restaurant Bouchon.  same guy owns/runs The French Laundry in California.  pretty incredible.  
-Mesa Grill.  I know it's kind of old balls but we were at the Caesars Sports book betting horses and got hungry, pleasantly surprised with the food.
-Sushi Samba (3 times).  Best sushi in the planet hands down and i took full advantage of it being in the Palazzo where i stayed.
-360 burrito @ the airport.  great recomendo by goEMAW star, cireksu

gambled-
lost my ass on the craps tables at the wynn, the palazzo, the venetian.  it simply wasn't my weekend to gamble but for some reason i thought i'd keep trying.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2010, 08:32:16 AM »
Ate at Bouchon in Yountville right down the street from TFL.  Maybe the best meal I've ever had.  Love Mesa Grill also.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2010, 08:34:40 AM »
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  Still kicking self for not eating out more when I was there.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2010, 09:04:25 AM »
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  Still kicking self for not eating out more when I was there.

ya all of those places i listed plus a trip to the Wynn's buffet which i forgot to mention in my original post all happened in a 48 hour time span.  i was sitting down at places when i was still full from the last meal.  but i knew i was surrounded by the best food in the world and wanted to take full advantage.

the wynn buffet was pretty solid, it was $35 + they offered a $7 bump that included all you can drink champagne.  LOL damn it.
i ate about a pound of shrimp and another 3-4lbs of alaskan king crab legs.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2010, 01:08:39 PM »

ya all of those places i listed plus a trip to the Wynn's buffet which i forgot to mention in my original post all happened in a 48 hour time span.  i was sitting down at places when i was still full from the last meal.  but i knew i was surrounded by the best food in the world and wanted to take full advantage.

the wynn buffet was pretty solid, it was $35 + they offered a $7 bump that included all you can drink champagne.  LOL damn it.

I thought the wynn buffet was pretty overrated. Had just as good of a buffet at Paris for $10 cheaper.

20-1 on the katz? Friend just got back 2 weeks ago and the odds sheet he brought back from mandalay bay had them at 37-1. I think you just left 1700 on the table bro.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2010, 01:43:20 PM »

I thought the wynn buffet was pretty overrated. Had just as good of a buffet at Paris for $10 cheaper.

20-1 on the katz? Friend just got back 2 weeks ago and the odds sheet he brought back from mandalay bay had them at 37-1. I think you just left 1700 on the table bro.

i'm not a buffet czar so i can't comment on how overrated it was, but it was worth my $40.  walking down to Paris? in 107 degree heat didn't occur to me.  the wynn is next door to the palazzo and therefore was the most convenient.   i'm sure Francois at Paris? appreciates the nice things you have to say about his buffet though.

not sure what would cause the book at the venetian to have so much confidence in the KATZ that they would have such better odds than mandalay bay, i think most places are offering ~20-1 on them though.  if i were betting on kstatekats for anything but fun and actually thought there was a shot in hell that they might win it all i would have booked a flight down to the other end of the strip and hit up the book in mandalay bay and taken that 37-1 because no one else is offering that bad of odds.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2010, 03:36:44 PM »
forgot to mention- when we were checking into the hotel, i slide the guy at the desk a $20 and asked for an upgrade.  it worked.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »
forgot to mention- when we were checking into the hotel, i slide the guy at the desk a $20 and asked for an upgrade.  it worked.

yep, it always works unless you are travelling with a group of tards that would rather have all the rooms together instead of nice rooms

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2010, 05:21:25 PM »
Mandalay's sheet had Katz at 15:1. Didn't take it but should've. Wanted to bet the KSU and CU games this weekend as well, would've won both if I had. :facepalm:

Most impressive thing about Vegas from Wed-Mon? They had UNLV fans outnumbered 5,000:1. Badger Bobs and Badger Betties with their little Badger babies with their beady Badger eyes. Drinking Badger beer and stinky Badger breath, they drank and smoked and gambled and did their Badger best. Their Badgers beat the bastards but they lost their Badger bets, for the bastards screwed the Badgers when it came to covering the spread.

In short there were a lot of fat fracking cheeseheads there mucking everything up. I wish we could travel like them. :frown:
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »
Mandalay's sheet had Katz at 15:1. Didn't take it but should've. Wanted to bet the KSU and CU games this weekend as well, would've won both if I had. :facepalm:

Most impressive thing about Vegas from Wed-Mon? They had UNLV fans outnumbered 5,000:1. Badger Bobs and Badger Betties with their little Badger babies with their beady Badger eyes. Drinking Badger beer and stinky Badger breath, they drank and smoked and gambled and did their Badger best. Their Badgers beat the bastards but they lost their Badger bets, for the bastards screwed the Badgers when it came to covering the spread.

In short there were a lot of fat fracking cheeseheads there mucking everything up. I wish we could travel like them. :frown:

Wait'll Snyds schedules a home and home with UNLV.  We will show.  we will definitely rough ridin' show.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2010, 06:19:27 AM »
Every team travels like that to unlv. It's Vegas dumbass.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2010, 08:12:15 AM »

why would you take 15-1 when you could get 20-1?  total dumbass?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2010, 09:57:13 AM »
Did not see Big Cat in Vegas.  Did not spend long enough there.  Did make my return flight.   :woot:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2010, 09:59:41 AM »
Did not see Big Cat in Vegas.  Did not spend long enough there.  Did make my return flight.   :woot:

congrats on catching the return flight KK!  :party: